Season Tickets Have Arrived in My Mailbox

Green59

Is there tailgating info enclosed?

I thought we had been all over that here on the board many times...what's left you need to know? Really, not being nuts here, just asking. I have talked to several tailgaters who have their plans all set. At least they think they do...arrival time, location, take down time, getting stuff to and from...all set or so they say. If they are comfortable and have their plans set, what is left to figure out? Really, seriously, just asking. Seems all the questions have been asked and answered...well, those that can...I would imagine that it will all work itself out by the end of the 3rd home game. Patience, grasshopper, patience (someone said that to me and it seemed appropriate to repeat here).

Edit: Thanks...one asks a legit question and some yahoo gets all puffy about it! :growl:

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

I thought we had been all over that here on the board many times...what's left you need to know? Really, not being nuts here, just asking. I have talked to several tailgaters who have their plans all set. At least they think they do...arrival time, location, take down time, getting stuff to and from...all set or so they say. If they are comfortable and have their plans set, what is left to figure out? Really, seriously, just asking. Seems all the questions have been asked and answered...well, those that can...I would imagine that it will all work itself out by the end of the 3rd home game. Patience, grasshopper, patience (someone said that to me and it seemed appropriate to repeat here).

Edit: Thanks...one asks a legit question and some yahoo gets all puffy about it! :growl:

You know, that question just requires either a yes or no answer.....and he wasn't asking you. Are you on the payroll of the athletic department these days? Geezzz Mark, it isn't as if someone was suggesting that you have to write out the policy and send it to everyone....... :huh:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Kram, not every season ticket holder visits this board or reads UNT's facebook page. And I don't think all questions have been answered. One message that came out says you can tailgate starting Saturday morning, another says it starts Friday night. The policy posted on the website says the lots won't open until 8 am, but the Facebook page says you can park overnight in your assigned lot. Also just heard today that you cannot drop off items at the hill less than 4 1/2 hours before the game. That may surprise some people who want to set up camp there.

Still a lot of questions, and we have one chance to win some new fans for the first game. To just assume it will be a cluster and that it will all work out after 3 games or so seems, to me, like a jacked up way to do thing. Put out as much information as you can as early as you can to as many people as you can. That's what "BIG TIME" programs do.

Edited by UNTflyer
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

You know, that question just requires either a yes or no answer.....and he wasn't asking you. Are you on the payroll of the athletic department these days? Geezzz Mark, it isn't as if someone was suggesting that you have to write out the policy and send it to everyone....... :huh:

So very sorry to have offended you with my question, Bill. And, as I stated it was simply a question and I wasn't trying to be offensive. I thought we had been all over the tailgating stuff on numerous occasions, and was wondering what might possibly be left. If that is a touchy subject and worthy of the -1's and rebuke from you then I am so very sorry I offended. And, no way I could answer it yes or no as I don't have my tickets as yet. I'll be sure and come back here with a simple yes or no as soon as I do have the tickets.

But, to be clear with an answer to your question...no I am not on the payroll.

I'll have to reply to Flyer's technicolor post after this one....

Seems to me that some are more confused than others as several I have talked to are ready to go and seem to have no real questions until they see how it goes come game 1. But, for those who think every little question can be answered to every one's individual satisfaction ahead of time...even though no one has ever tailgated at the new stadium nor have they tried to set rules for same at the new stadium before...well, good luck with that. Ever tried to herd cats? Well, that's what it is going to be like for the first game in lots of areas...best thing is to try to get there as early as possible, remain calm, follow the directions of folks with guns on their hips, and enjoy yourself. It will not all go perfect. You can count on that. Sorry if any one here thinks you can plan away every issue. Nice if it were true, because what might be OK with Silver...may not be OK with Flyer.

By the way, Silver...sent you an email about the tie. Did you get it? I would PM you but can't get a PM to you through the system. Maybe your box is full.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Kram, not every season ticket holder visits this board or reads UNT's facebook page. And I don't think all questions have been answered. One message that came out says you can tailgate starting Saturday morning, another says it starts Friday night. The policy posted on the website says the lots won't open until 8 am, but the Facebook page says you can park overnight in your assigned lot. Also just heard today that you cannot drop off items at the hill less than 4 1/2 hours before the game. That may surprise some people who want to set up camp there.

Still a lot of questions, and we have one chance to win some new fans for the first game. To just assume it will be a cluster and that it will all work out after 3 games or so seems, to me, like a jacked up way to do thing. Put out as much information as you can as early as you can to as many people as you can. That's what "BIG TIME" programs do.

Thanks...and in technicolor as well. Patience grasshopper...as you may have said yourself to a previous post or two...all in due time! How do you do this loud yelling in color stuff through GMG.Com? I like it!

OK, good, I'm not the only one who still thinks there are plenty of unanswered questions.

The main thing I haven't seen any clarification on is this. If you arrive less than 4 1/2 hours before gametime (too late for drop-off in the grassy area), but more than 90 minutes before kickoff (before they start putting cars right next to one another), where are you going to tailgate? I would say the vast majority of tailgaters show up in the 2-4 hours before kickoff timeframe. I think they're going to need to go ahead and direct parking as they did at Fouts so there won't be any worries about traffic being blocked.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So very sorry to have offended you with my question, Bill. And, as I stated it was simply a question and I wasn't trying to be offensive. I thought we had been all over the tailgating stuff on numerous occasions, and was wondering what might possibly be left. If that is a touchy subject and worthy of the -1's and rebuke from you then I am so very sorry I offended. And, no way I could answer it yes or no as I don't have my tickets as yet. I'll be sure and come back here with a simple yes or no as soon as I do have the tickets.

But, to be clear with an answer to your question...no I am not on the payroll.

I'll have to reply to Flyer's technicolor post after this one....

Seems to me that some are more confused than others as several I have talked to are ready to go and seem to have no real questions until they see how it goes come game 1. But, for those who think every little question can be answered to every one's individual satisfaction ahead of time...even though no one has ever tailgated at the new stadium nor have they tried to set rules for same at the new stadium before...well, good luck with that. Ever tried to herd cats? Well, that's what it is going to be like for the first game in lots of areas...best thing is to try to get there as early as possible, remain calm, follow the directions of folks with guns on their hips, and enjoy yourself. It will not all go perfect. You can count on that. Sorry if any one here thinks you can plan away every issue. Nice if it were true, because what might be OK with Silver...may not be OK with Flyer.

By the way, Silver...sent you an email about the tie. Did you get it? I would PM you but can't get a PM to you through the system. Maybe your box is full.

I don't use the + - buttons except to give a +.....and only rarely.

geezzz

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

GOT MY TICKETS IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!! Yippeee, it's game time! Well, close anyway.

And, are you ready for it...drum roll please...the packet included written tailgate instructions along with other parking and general info.

Now, if folks will just read and follow the directions it should be OK. Are all questions answered? Most certainly not. How in sam hill could anyone anticipate all the questions that might be asked and all the situations that may arise? No way...even if they did, someone would come up with a new one the second they answered all the others, and then a chorus of "it's not fair", "that's not what they told me", etc., etc. will fill the GMG.com airwaves! Book it Danno! Thus, my thought to "chill out", go with the flow for the first couple of games and see how it goes.

I think Flyer said something about this is the way it goes in the Big Time...you cannot please everyone and no matter what you do, some won't like it. And, so many people are asking so many different people the same questions, that there are bound to be conflicting stories. Is that the athletic department's responsibility...probably. Might should have directed all such questions to a single point person, but sure as they did that GMG.com would explode with a bunch of posts about how the point person was not being responsive. hard to win in this kind of situation.

BUT, the written rules are out...follow them and you will probably have no problems...do something different and who knows what might happen, but the rules are there.

And, your tickets and parking passes are on the way....hey, it's the US post office after all...give it a few days!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2