FIU game coverage

Cr1028

Are you guys aware of any way to watch the FIU game other than ESPN3? Will it be broadcast on any pay-per-view cable systems so I could catch it at a bar? Will Mean Green Premium carry it? I want to watch it but I am not going to pay Time Warner $60 a month for hundreds of channels I won't use just to get access to ESPN3.

Edited by Cr1028

Are you guys aware of any way to watch the FIU game other than ESPN360? Will it be broadcast on any pay-per-view cable systems so I could catch it at a bar? Will Mean Green Premium carry it? I want to watch it but I am not going to pay Time Warner $60 a month for hundreds of channels I won't use just to get access to ESPN360.

You could watch it on espn3 through PS3 or hook laptop to your tv and once again watch it through espn3

Edited by UNT 04

Are you guys aware of any way to watch the FIU game other than ESPN360? Will it be broadcast on any pay-per-view cable systems so I could catch it at a bar? Will Mean Green Premium carry it? I want to watch it but I am not going to pay Time Warner $60 a month for hundreds of channels I won't use just to get access to ESPN360.

My understanding is that ESPN3 (formerly ESPN360) is the only way to get this game. It's an Internet feed through espn3.com and isn't based on the channel package you purchase for your TV. It is based on your Internet Service Provider. Either they support it or they don't.

You could watch it on espn3 through PS3 or hook laptop to your tv and once again watch it through espn3

Time Warner told me I can't get it unless I also have cable including ESPN. When I go to the website it asks for info from my provider that TW won't give me because I don't have cable tv. So I'll be at the stadium :D

Time Warner told me I can't get it unless I also have cable including ESPN. When I go to the website it asks for info from my provider that TW won't give me because I don't have cable tv. So I'll be at the stadium :D

This is my problem as well. Time Warner is the only one that does it this way which sucks for the Austin area people because they are the only cable provider outside of satellite.

I wuold love to travel to Miami but with a wife who is eight months pregnant, my travel options are quite limited. I'm lucky I will be able to make the home opener. I'm hoping that it will be on ESPN Gameplan or something at a local sports bar, otherwise I will have to see it through George and Hank's eyes.

I wuold love to travel to Miami but with a wife who is eight months pregnant, my travel options are quite limited.

Oh you think your options are limited now, if it's a boy wait till your travel to the home games are limited because his Llittle League schedules his games on Saturday afternoons and evenings.

The night NT hosts Indiana we instead will be watching 5th grade kick it off at 6 pm. $&@&!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Oh you think your options are limited now, if it's a boy wait till your travel to the home games are limited because his Llittle League schedules his games on Saturday afternoons and evenings.

The night NT hosts Indiana we instead will be watching 5th grade kick it off at 6 pm. $&@&!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Haha Rick! You got me. It will be a boy. North Texas recruiting class of 2030.

Are we for sure that the game will be shown at the stadium. I say this because on campus the other day I saw a poster saying the game will be shown in the syndicate.

From an email that went out to Mean Green Club members this week:

September 1st

FIU watch party

Watch the Mean Green kickoff the 2011 campaign against last season's Sun Belt Conference champion Florida International.  The game will be broadcast on the video board at the new Apogee Stadium.  Admission is free!

So, this the same as ESPN3.com? That's cool because it's free with Charter.

Game time? I'll be wrapping up the UH vs. UCLA game around 6 p.m. We'll be on Fox at 2:30 so catch a preview of the Coogs if you're near the tube.

Edited by redallover

From an email that went out to Mean Green Club members this week:

September 1st

FIU watch party

Watch the Mean Green kickoff the 2011 campaign against last season's Sun Belt Conference champion Florida International.  The game will be broadcast on the video board at the new Apogee Stadium.  Admission is free!

Thanks, thats good to hear. Hopefully more people come out to the stadium than the Syndicate.

Is this the same as ESPN3.com? Game time? I'll be wrapping up the UH vs. UCLA game around 6 p.m. We'll be on Fox at 2:30 so catch a preview of the Coogs if you're near the tube.

It is ESPN3. Game time is 6pm CST on Thursday night. Login and cheer for UNT. If they win, it won't look as bad for your Cougars if/when UNT pulls off an upset on 9/10/11.

Are the Coogs really playing on Thursday? I'm guessing you didn't realize the Mean Green were playing Thursday rather that Saturday. I'll pull for you against UCLA.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad