Klinsmann Named Head Coach of U.S. Men's National Team

This would have made me giddy in 2006 but now it doesn't do as much for me. I think he's definitely a step up tactic-wise from Bob but he doesn't seem to be much of a rah-rah rally US Soccer kind of guy. This has been a rumor for so long, the hire doesn't even make a splash.

He's gotta find a consistent back four, decide who his midfield is and pick one or two strikers from a list that for the most part, don't even start for their club team. My only hope is he lives with the growing pains and starts playing younger options.

Well, he IS a name, and has some expertise for sure, but this sort of leaves me like...OK, great, now what sort of feeling. No real excitement about the hire as most figured this would be the call anyway. But, like all coaching changes, the results on the field will tell the tale in the long run. At least the team can now get on with "fixing" the woeful state it is in at this time. Glad it didn't drag out any time, OK with this hire, but no excitement.

USA!!!! USA!!!!

Name coach?

Proven track record of success?

I think the answer was obvious all along... Zombie Dangerfield.

We need a coach that will not cut corners to achieve success. I'd rather lose to Mexico with a clean program than to beat them with a bunch of cross-dressers.

What do you think USA Soccer is? The 80's Miami Hurricanes?

Just say NO to Zombie Dangerfield!

We need a coach that will not cut corners to achieve success. I'd rather lose to Mexico with a clean program than to beat them with a bunch of cross-dressers.

What do you think USA Soccer is? The 80's Miami Hurricanes?

Just say NO to Zombie Dangerfield!

I knew nobody here would respect his accomplishments.

This would have made me giddy in 2006 but now it doesn't do as much for me. I think he's definitely a step up tactic-wise from Bob but he doesn't seem to be much of a rah-rah rally US Soccer kind of guy. This has been a rumor for so long, the hire doesn't even make a splash.

He's gotta find a consistent back four, decide who his midfield is and pick one or two strikers from a list that for the most part, don't even start for their club team. My only hope is he lives with the growing pains and starts playing younger options.

Totally agree. There will be huge pressure on him. If people thought everyone was hard on Bradley, wait to see what happens if he doesn't improve the team noticeably. And it's going to be much more difficult with how strong Mexico is right now.

• 5 years later...