Rickety WAC doesn't sway Tech recruits

Harry

I'll give Dykes credit, he is try to doing damage control for his program and indirectly, Benson. But, he is crazy if he truly thinks LA Tech has a bright future in the new WAC. It takes time to build up a conference with FCS programs. If anyone knows that it is the Sun Belt.

If LA Tech does leave the WAC, Dykes will look like a idiot for having said all of this stuff.

Well, LaTech had something like 17 3 stars recruits last year, so it is certainly not hurting them yet. I have never understood the appeal of Latech no matter what their conference is. They are going to have to win big in the WAC to maintain anything like that success. Dikes is a good coach I think, it will be interesting to see how they progress.

Having said all that, I will be very disappointed if NT doesn't leave them in the dust in the next couple of years.

3? I thought 2 just UTSA and Tx St?

There are just two...

2012 and beyond

Idaho

Louisiana Tech

New Mexico St.

San Jose St.

Texas-San Antonio

Texas St.

Utah St.

Non football members

*Denver

*Seattle

La-Tech and NMSU should be strong enough to dominate this league. Not a good place to be but better fot LT maybe since the two adds are much closer than those that left. It also may get them a bit more exposure in this area. Doesn't the WAC need an 8th football team??

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

There are just two...

2012 and beyond

Idaho

Louisiana Tech

New Mexico St.

San Jose St.

Texas-San Antonio

Texas St.

Utah St.

Non football members

*Denver

*Seattle

La-Tech and NMSU should be strong enough to dominate this league. Not a good place to be but better fot LT maybe since the two adds are much closer than those that left. It also may get them a bit more exposure in this area. Doesn't the WAC need an 8th football team??

Yes, the WAC needs to find an eighth football member by 2014. I'd look for LaTech to rule the WAC in 2012, but NMSU won't be second.. maybe Idaho, but not NMSU

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And one has never played a down of football.

Meh, what UTSA is doing is unprecedented. A lot of what their bonehead fans say is just that, but there's fire where there's smoke. They have solid leadership and are recruiting nicely for a team who has never played a down of football.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Meh, what UTSA is doing is unprecedented. A lot of what their bonehead fans say is just that, but there's fire where there's smoke. They have solid leadership and are recruiting nicely for a team who has never played a down of football.

May I ask why you have a high school drill team member as your avatar?

• Upvote 1

May I ask why you have a high school drill team member as your avatar?

Texas State Strutters?

game5.jpg

From their website..

This organization is unique in that it was the FIRST precision dance team formed at a four-year university and is currently the largest in the nation. For 51-years Strutters have served as ambassadors for Texas State University on state, national and international levels with performances in 24 countries spanning 4 continents.

One of the most impressive honors was their selection as the first U.S. dance team to perform in the People’s Republic of China. Other highlights include: two Presidential Inaugural Parades, numerous NFL & NBA halftime performances, the nationally televised Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade®, MTV’s Total Request Live, a national television commercial for Coca-Cola, appearances in five movies, and recently, the Texas State Strutters represented Texas State University and the City of San Marcos in the NBC network television program, “America’s Got Talent,” out-performing hundreds of acts to reach the live semifinal round of competition.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Now as to why I have a strutter as my pic? I'm simply an ambassador, showcasing Texas State's prime collection of beautiful women to others from universities who aren't as blessed to see trim like this day-in and day-out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I guess if you like girls marching around and kicking the air, then they're probably alright.

Here's a link for you:

NT Dancers

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Texas State Strutters?

game5.jpg

From their website..

This organization is unique in that it was the FIRST precision dance team formed at a four-year university and is currently the largest in the nation. For 51-years Strutters have served as ambassadors for Texas State University on state, national and international levels with performances in 24 countries spanning 4 continents.

One of the most impressive honors was their selection as the first U.S. dance team to perform in the People's Republic of China. Other highlights include: two Presidential Inaugural Parades, numerous NFL & NBA halftime performances, the nationally televised Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®, MTV's Total Request Live, a national television commercial for Coca-Cola, appearances in five movies, and recently, the Texas State Strutters represented Texas State University and the City of San Marcos in the NBC network television program, "America's Got Talent," out-performing hundreds of acts to reach the live semifinal round of competition.

Meh

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've heard of the Kilgore Rangerettes, and the Tyler Apache Belles but I've never heard of the Texas State Strutters. Is the football team also called the Strutters ?

Does this mean the Texas State Strutters also will be forced to travel from Ruston LA. across half a country to Seattle, WA ?

• Upvote 1

UNT gave up on dance teams in high school?

Your dancers perform a very strict discipline whereas the NT Dancers perform a much more mainstream style of dance. You don't see very many schools that do what the TSUSM Strutters do.