How does that have anything with politicizing this instead of just saying something like 'yay, we finally got that bastard'?

Oh wait, you would prefer to take a backhanded political swipe and when caught with your hand in the cookie jar act like you didn't do it and try to turn the attention elsewhere.

In that case maybe you should just drop a Simpson's quote and move on.

Are you serious?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

L3zhj.jpg

Further proof that Bin Laden is still alive and that Pres. Obama is muslum. I mean, notice how Pres. Obama is sitting below Bin Laden? An obvious sign of bowing to a superior muslim leader.

This also somehow proves that Pres. Obama was born in Uzbekistan.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Further proof that Bin Laden is still alive and that Pres. Obama is muslum. I mean, notice how Pres. Obama is sitting below Bin Laden? An obvious sign of bowing to a superior muslim leader.

This also somehow proves that Pres. Obama was born in Uzbekistan.

at least Biden is awake.

• Upvote 5

Yeah, he was so concerned about the Iraq war that he voted against the surge that ultimately turned out to bring that conflict to an end, allowing us to further concentrate on Afghanistan. And to this day, and besides being questioned several times during an interview in Egypt by one of his own lib drones, Katy Couric, refuses to admit he was wrong about that vote.

Rick

Rick...I disagree with his vote on the Surge which was ultimately successful at destabilizing the hold that AQ was achieving in the north of Iraq..and also stopped the sectarian fighting (for the most part). However...noone of rational mind should state that this conflict in Iraq is ended. Has it died down from everyday news headlines of IEDs and Market Place bombings? The answer is yes. If we pulled out of Iraq right now...or even in the next year....we would see a surge of violence yet again. AQ and other factions know that fighting us in the streets will not win but they know that if there is a slight chance that we can believe the conflict "to be over" then they can just wait it out until we start leaving and/or are gone and pick right back up where they left off. Arab countries have not and will never embrace democracy. They are only kept in check from strong willed governments or the alternative is to split the country off into segments that can identify with each other (with minimal conflict). Iraq has 3 of these said segments and they will battle again in the streets when the time comes for us to leave....you can take that to the bank.

Pres. Obama re-baits the hook. Will some on the right be stupid enough to take the bait again? Surely not after being burned so recently, right?

Sadly, I expect many of my truely conservative brothers to allow themselves to be blinded by ideology and soon sound the alarm that we didn't really get Bin Ladin, and that this is all a political ploy by Pres. Obama. Why won't he release the pictures, after all?

I expect Pres. Obama to hold on to the pictures until the most politically expediant moment (about late summer of next year), let the naysayers and conspiracy therorist build, and then, BAM, turn the pictures face up on the table.

Conservatives should stick to attacking Pres. Obama on Health Care and the economy (You know, things that matter to the American voter) and stop chasing shadows. For once, be smart and don't allow yourself to be taken to the political woodshed.

Well said my friend. The more "birthers" and "Obama is a Muslim" conservatives I see the more I sway away from anything to do with the Republican Party. If that is all you have in your hand then I recommend you play a new game.

Well said my friend. The more "birthers" and "Obama is a Muslim" conservatives I see the more I sway away from anything to do with the Republican Party. If that is all you have in your hand then I recommend you play a new game.

They should have much more in their hand, but like always, the republican leaders let the other side set the agenda and are too busy dealing with fallout of the birthers and such to re-focus the agenda. They spend way to much time trying to be politically correct

Don't let the fringe of a party scare you off. After all, if you head over to the Dems, you can find their fringe that thinks Pres. Bush is a war criminal, that he stole the election, and that he intentionally drove up oil prices to benefit his oil buddies (never mind the price of oil right now), and much more (for the really crazies, Pres. Bush was responsible for 9/11).

They are all pretty much the same. Say anything to get and stay in office. Both spend way to much, just on different things. After all, it's the Dems that should be really furious with Pres. Obama (still in Iraq, Gitmo still open, still in Afanistan), It's like Pres. Bush never left office.

Everyone should be celebrating the death of a dispicable piece of crap that we have been hunting for 10 years, but make no mistake, the celebration for both parties lasted about 2 hours before both started thinking of a way to use it against the other. Pretty shameful.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Everyone should be celebrating the death of a dispicable piece of crap that we have been hunting for 10 years, but make no mistake, the celebration for both parties lasted about 2 hours before both started thinking of a way to use it against the other. Pretty shameful.

You, sir, have one beer credit on my books redeemable the next time we meet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

They should have much more in their hand, but like always, the republican leaders let the other side set the agenda and are too busy dealing with fallout of the birthers and such to re-focus the agenda. They spend way to much time trying to be politically correct

Don't let the fringe of a party scare you off. After all, if you head over to the Dems, you can find their fringe that thinks Pres. Bush is a war criminal, that he stole the election, and that he intentionally drove up oil prices to benefit his oil buddies (never mind the price of oil right now), and much more (for the really crazies, Pres. Bush was responsible for 9/11).

They are all pretty much the same. Say anything to get and stay in office. Both spend way to much, just on different things. After all, it's the Dems that should be really furious with Pres. Obama (still in Iraq, Gitmo still open, still in Afanistan), It's like Pres. Bush never left office.

Hey, I'll give you the plus one on this one. It's odd how much time and effort the major parties spend attempting to satisfy the most politically vocal of their "supporters", who begin talking about withholding said support when their goals are not the highest priority. I'll never be liberal enough for my sister in San Francisco, or conservative enough enough for one of my best friends now living in Little Rock. It's amazing how much the average person just wants a decent economy and to be left alone.

Very solid take bro. If I had heard that in a bar I would have bought you a beer!

Everyone should read this:

http://tinyurl.com/64znlrn

Didn't Clinton have the chance to take care of this problem early on?

But the better question is, considering Nancy told us we had to pass the Healthcare bill first in order to find out what was in it, what is the concern over the expense of anything all of a sudden?

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I disagree. In light of the "I" filled statement Obama gave us in his announcement the other night, despite standing on the side that has done everything it can in it's power to make it as difficult as possible for our country to prevent another 9-11 from happening, I don't see a problem with the other side simply raising a hand to remind whose policies were already in place that allowed it to happen.

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 9

Thoughts/questions:

What is the international sentiment regarding Bush's interrogation tactics, and how did it change when Obama ordered them to stop?

I wonder if there was a lot of pressure from other international entities on Obama to end some (renegade?) tactics implemented by the previous administration.

It's all good and all if Bush was doing the right thing and everyone was okay with it. But what if he was playing the role of bad cop, giving everyone and their international agreements/relationships the middle finger while he did whatever he felt it would take to find OBL? Were there other relationships (European, African, Asian, etc) that were on dangerous fringes because of what Bush did?

For example, what position are we in to negotiate with the Chinese government and their detention of Ai Wei Wei when we act like we can do whatever the hell we want with our own prisoners and not justify it to every one else?

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2