Tough Loss Is Mean Green's Gain

CMJ

Not that the North Texas administration is making any assumptions. Jones has four seasons remaining on his contract, but Villarreal indicated that the deal would be renegotiated with Jones receiving a healthy raise, which has recently become a rite of spring in Denton.

:goodjob::thumbsu::goodjob::thumbsu:

• Upvote 1

Great article. I don.t think Jones is going anywhere but you can never be sure. I don't believe long term contracts work for lower tier schools, but I'm all for raising JJ salary as much as practical. Small point, I don't believe Jordan Williams was anywhere close to averaging 29 a game although that is what the DMN reports, much closer to 20.

• Upvote 1

Great article. I don.t think Jones is going anywhere but you can never be sure. I don't believe long term contracts work for lower tier schools, but I'm all for raising JJ salary as much as practical. Small point, I don't believe Jordan Williams was anywhere close to averaging 29 a game although that is what the DMN reports, much closer to 20.

Doesn't matter if Williams, Jones, Forrest, Norris, Mitchell, Hogans, Holmen and A. Williams all average 29 points a game next year. We are going 0'fer.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Saw that number in the paper the other day as well. Pretty incredible points/boards/assists (29.7/9.5/4.5) numbers if these stats are correct. Maybe they got the games played wrong because the math looks right.

http://www.dallasnew...all-news/#stats

Saw that number in the paper the other day as well. Pretty incredible points/boards/assists (29.7/9.5/4.5) numbers if these stats are correct. Maybe they got the games played wrong because the math looks right.

http://www.dallasnew...all-news/#stats

Yes, Kimball is listed as being 36-2 yet the 29ppg average is derived from 22 games. I appreciate the paper's high school coverage but it looks like they would monitor their stats a little better. This is not a one week error either, There were only a few games all year were Williams had over 29 points, his actual average is not close to this number. Makes you wonder, about all the other errors that are probably in their data.