Dan Mac & Rv On News Tonight

Cowtown

Any report on what was said for us out-of-towners?

Probably the most impressive and upbeat show I have seen about UNT. Both RV and Coach McCarney looked sharp, were very articulate, but most of all very positive and confident about the future of UNT football.

The host was also very enthused about what was happening at UNT.

Nice footage of the Stadium, Dunbar and our new QB.

RV did say that the stadium could be expanded to 50,000. I think that will probably be the max.

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 1

Probably the most impressive and upbeat show I have seen about UNT. Both RV and Coach McCarney looked sharp, were very articulate, but most of all very positive and confident about the future of UNT football.

The host was also very enthused about what was happening at UNT.

Nice footage of the Stadium, Dunbar and our new QB.

RV did say that the stadium could be expanded to 50,000. I think that will probably be the max.

Nice summation...I agree 100%. This was some "good stuff" for UNT. I'll say it again, every time I see or hear Coach mac I am absolutely convinced that this program is heading in the right direction! Be still my heart! What a great time it is to be a member of the Mean Green Nation. And, I think there will be many more new members to that great nation in the coming months.

• Upvote 1

Check link I couldnt get it to load. Would love a video if it is out there!

Try this one Harry...and maybe it needs it's own thread. I cannot wait until the day that as soon as we get press video online our Athletic Dept posts it to Youtube. It's very disheartening to see the very limited amount of video out there for us. Most of the videos and game recaps are done by opposing schools. This was a great interview though!

TXA 21

• Upvote 2

Try this one Harry...and maybe it needs it's own thread. I cannot wait until the day that as soon as we get press video online our Athletic Dept posts it to Youtube. It's very disheartening to see the very limited amount of video out there for us. Most of the videos and game recaps are done by opposing schools. This was a great interview though!

TXA 21

That is an exciting broadcast, my heart is pumping I can't wait to this fall season. I really think we have found the right coach to take us not just to the next level but keep on going. The sky is the limit boys!

That is an exciting broadcast, my heart is pumping I can't wait to this fall season. I really think we have found the right coach to take us not just to the next level but keep on going. The sky is the limit boys!

The new nest???

Thank you for the heads up, thank you for the review, and thank you for the link. That was an outstanding piece. I just wrote to commend TXA 21 at cbs11@ktvt.com. It couldn't hurt to let them know that there are a lot of us who appreciate that kind of coverage.

Agree. And it would help even more to watch the broadcast online from several computers and share it with friends.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really excellent interview. RV has to get the nod for best AD ever at North Texas. While many times we have wished for better success on the field, court, pool, whatever; the facilities he has brought to the campus are nothing short of astounding.

One small correction, I believe he said that several North Texas teams were ranked nationally for the first time in school history. That is not correct but it is easy to misspeak while being interviewed.

Well done, gentlemen!

If you get a chance we should send Bill Jones and TXA21 a note about how much we enjoyed it to ecourage them to do it again.

I will do that today. Great idea.

EDIT...DONE! Thanks for the reminder.

Edited by KRAM1

If you get a chance we should send Bill Jones and TXA21 a note about how much we enjoyed it to ecourage them to do it again.

Don't bother with Generic Bill. You may remember him as the guy who made a Hal Wasson joke when we were on the verge of hiring McCarney.

If I remember right, the Sports Director over at KTVT/KXTA is Dandy Killeen. He's an alum. Email him instead.