Louisiana Monroe (2/19/11)

CMJ

Until proven otherwise, any game worries me right now. But, last night showed they can win when put under a good bit of pressure. maybe, just maybe it will be the catalyst to get the team out of its funk and headed into the home stretch on a positive note.

See you at the Super Pit Saturday! GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

So my friend was talking to me and hyping up the all star weekend and said hey Saturday you should come over and watch the dunk, 3-point and skills competitions! I said naw, if I want to see someone make a great dunk Ill watch odufua slam it home, if I want to see someone light it up from 3 point range I will just watch tristan scorch the nets, and if I want to see some mad ball handling skills I will just watch josh take it to the paint.

So now instead of watching the all star game he will now be attending the UNT basketball game!

Edited by Skiver
  • Upvote 6

needless to say, if we lose this game tomorrow, I will be declaring this season dead. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that :thumbsu:

Less then 5 hours.... I do not see us losing this game. If we lose to a one win team in our conference we might as well kiss that bye could bye. I foresee a blowout.

Unt wins 86-63 our first 20 point win in quite some time

• Upvote 2

Less then 5 hours.... I do not see us losing this game. If we lose to a one win team in our conference we might as well kiss that bye could bye. I foresee a blowout.

Unt wins 86-63 our first 20 point win in quite some time

I don't forsee a blowout, that's not usually our style even when we're fully manned. But I do think this absolutely needs to be a win, and should be one.

If we do get out to a healthy lead, we'll probably slow down the pace to try and minimize fatigue. If Monroe is as terrible as they were at Denver, blowout.

• Upvote 2

I don't forsee a blowout, that's not usually our style even when we're fully manned. But I do think this absolutely needs to be a win, and should be one.

If we do get out to a healthy lead, we'll probably slow down the pace to try and minimize fatigue. If Monroe is as terrible as they were at Denver, blowout.

It use to be... But I would agree that we will pump the breaks if we get a comfortable lead. We have to save our legs. Pretty much we are now running with a 8 man roster... if you want to count the so called "minutes" knox is getting

• Upvote 2

Nice recognition moment of ex women's basketball coach Judy Nelson and her team as well as a warm reception for her husband and ex football coach Corky Nelson. George gave some nice comments about both on the radio.

Corky to me will go down as one of our all time great coaches for doing the most with the least.

Rick

• Upvote 2

I've just tuned in, we seem to be off to another slow start. What the long and short of it? Whats our deal? I didn't think this would be an easy win, none seem to be at this point, but I was hoping for a better start. Crowd seems bored.

Edited by filmerj

I've just tuned in, we seem to be off to another slow start. What the long and short of it? Whats our deal? I didn't think this would be an easy win, none seem to be at this point, but I was hoping for a better start. Crowed seems bored.

Not sure it's a slow start....just can't get much going on defensively. And then when we do, we turn it over on offense.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1