Remaining Ships

H-towngreen

I think the "21 out of 22" he was referring to was the number he reported before signing day out of the total signed, if you're talking about his "Signing Day Notes". It wasn't about us, it was about Vito on that one.

i was referring to his last sentence in "signing day notes".

"UNT has one scholarship left."

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 1

I've kept somewhat of an ongoing list of whom I believe is on scholarship and that list now totals 81. Here are the 81 that I believe to be on scholarship:

Abbe, Adedipe, Akpunku, Akunne, Anyiam, Atterberry, Baine, Bean, Bellazin, Boutwell, Brooks, Brown, Bynes, Byrd, Cantly, Carey, Chancellor, Cook, Davis, Deans, Downing, Dunbar, Dunham, Ellard, Feeley, Fitzpatrick, Ford, Fortenberry, Gaines, Graham, Greer, Hamilton, Hawkins, Herron, Hill, Jackson, Jimmerson, A. Johnson, F. Johnson, J. Johnson, Jones, Kokjohn, Lee, Lemon, Leppo, Lewis, Lincoln, Mason, McCord, McCoy, McNulty, Miller, Noble, Obi, Olawale, Olen, A. Orr, Z. Orr, Osborn, Phillips, Polk, Power, Prior, Sampson, Sashington, Shaw, Shorter, Stojkovic, Stradford, Swarn, Taylor, Teegarden, D. Thompson, M. Thompson, Tomlinson, Warner, White, Whitfield, Wright, and Y'Barbo.

Those in bold are scholarships that I believe were awarded to walkons and transfers last year. That would be the greatest possibility for error. If anyone knows of one that should be added or deducted, please post.

Since we are now back to our full allotment of 85, that would leave four scholarships available. We have awarded 21 of the 25 allowed each year so that would also leave four to be given.

Edit: I reviewed this year's recruits and found that there are 22 rather than 21. Maybe only three more could be awarded to reach the yearly maximum of 25.

Edited by GrayEagle

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure he's wrong on that. I think he must have been counting Ruben and Smith in his totals. We should have the full allotment of 25 to give, and we only signed 22.

It is my understanding that WR Marcus Smith will be a gray shirt.. walk on and pay his own way in the fall and be counted as a commit in Jan counting as a 2012 ship commitment.

I've kept somewhat of an ongoing list of whom I believe is on scholarship and that list now totals 81. Here are the 81 that I believe to be on scholarship:

Abbe, Adedipe, Akpunku, Akunne, Anyiam, Atterberry, Baine, Bean, Bellazin, Boutwell, Brooks, Brown, Bynes, Byrd, Cantly, Carey, Chancellor, Cook, Davis, Deans, Downing, Dunbar, Dunham, Ellard, Feeley, Fitzpatrick, Ford, Fortenberry, Gaines, Graham, Greer, Hamilton, Hawkins, Herron, Hill, Jackson, Jimmerson, A. Johnson, F. Johnson, J. Johnson, Jones, Kokjohn, Lee, Lemon, Leppo, Lewis, Lincoln, Mason, McCord, McCoy, McNulty, Miller, Noble, Obi, Olawale, Olen, A. Orr, Z. Orr, Osborn, Phillips, Polk, Power, Prior, Sampson, Sashington, Shaw, Shorter, Stojkovic, Stradford, Swarn, Taylor, Teegarden, D. Thompson, M. Thompson, Tomlinson, Warner, White, Whitfield, Wright, and Y'Barbo.

Those in bold are scholarships that I believe were awarded to walkons and transfers last year. That would be the greatest possibility for error. If anyone knows of one that should be added or deducted, please post.

Since we are now back to our full allotment of 85, that would leave four scholarships available. We have awarded 21 of the 25 allowed each year so that would also leave four to be given.

Edit: I reviewed this year's recruits and found that there are 22 rather than 21. Maybe only three more could be awarded to reach the yearly maximum of 25.

Of the bold names, only Sashington and Kokjohn have announced ships. You may be right, but either way there are a lot of ships open unless there are transfers that have not been announced. I do not understand the only one left comment at all However, having greyshirts would seem to indicate that there are no more ships. We will way and see, but I wouldn't be surprised that there are transfers comming in that have not been finalized but NT is holding places for.

OK, upon further review the number of scholarships is likely 78, leaving 7 available.

Baine, Deans and Lewis should be removed from the list. There is still doubt about Adedipe, McCoy and Miller.

I would wager that Adedipe has either been awarded or promised a scholly. He will likely be a starter this season and is from out-of-state which means higher tuition. McCoy is also a likely starter. He is no doubt on the GI Bill but that is a monthly allotment so he would have to dig for tuition, books and room and board. He could use the help. Miller may also be a starter of sorts when the H or U Back is used. He is also deserving of a scholarship IMO.

The announced transfers are included but there could be some that won't be eligible until they receive their associate degree so some scholarships could be held until their status is known.