Rivals On Mitchell Enrolling At Unt

SUMG

Hey, I don't have a Rivals subscription. Maybe someone who does can tell us if there's any new info in here:

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1181279&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Got this from Eric Bossi. He writes for Rivals and posted this on KU rivals board. I'll paraphrase.

* Done deal - he'll be in class tomorrow.

* Was considered non-qualifier by NCAA.

* Big 12 schools aren't allowed to take non-quals.

* Eligible Dec. on next year (i.e. sits out first semester).

* Will be sophomore (but could get extra year back if academic progress is maintained).

• Upvote 5

hmmm...If he is eligible mid-December hopefully that doesn't mean he only plays for us for half a season... :unsure:

Even if he's only here for a year, you'll get 2/3 of a season (he's eligible as soon as 1st semester ends), all of conference season and all of post season. Definitely worth the gamble.

Even if he's only here for a year, you'll get 2/3 of a season (he's eligible as soon as 1st semester ends), all of conference season and all of post season. Definitely worth the gamble.

Now that I think about it, why would he not be eligible at the start of the season...if he is academically eligible. He does not have to sit out a year...he was never enrolled at Mizzou, so this is not a transfer situation. Also, I saw somewhere that his letter of intent will have expired, its only good for 1 year.

Now that I think about it, why would he not be eligible at the start of the season...if he is academically eligible. He does not have to sit out a year...he was never enrolled at Mizzou, so this is not a transfer situation. Also, I saw somewhere that his letter of intent will have expired, its only good for 1 year.

My guess is that a non-qualifier has to sit out a year and pass so many hours of classes before he can be eligible (that way old Prop 48 rule worked). Since he never enrolled at Mizzou, he'll need a year of college to be eligible. But I have no idea since I haven't kept up with the rule.

Just until the end of the fall semester, assuming he qualifies. He'll miss a few out of conference games, but that's it.

Maybe not even any conference games. I think when a player is eligible at the end of the fall semester....they're eligible after fall semester finals. This year, our first SBC game wasn't until Dec. 30.