Throw Your Tortillas

eppy4life

Listen, I don't think any of you are understanding me. I agree the news about signing Mitchell is tease worthy. BUT WE DIDN'T SIGN THE GUY!!! He isn't even enrolled in school yet and we don't know if he'll ever play here. Therefore, there is very little to report. I'll happily eat crow when he leads us to our first ever final four but the rest of you can eat crow when he doesn't ever suit up for us.

How bout now?

Good enough?

• Upvote 2

Listen, I don't think any of you are understanding me. I agree the news about signing Mitchell is tease worthy. BUT WE DIDN'T SIGN THE GUY!!! He isn't even enrolled in school yet and we don't know if he'll ever play here. Therefore, there is very little to report. I'll happily eat crow when he leads us to our first ever final four but the rest of you can eat crow when he doesn't ever suit up for us.

So the only way you'll ever approve or Vito's tease is if we make it to the final four?

Wow

• Upvote 3

It might just be a good idea to back away from the keyboard for a little bit...

• Upvote 2

Ah my friend, I too have made the mistake of saying something that literally pissed every one off on the board. Some advice, just let the subject die.

• Upvote 3

Ok... ok... I'm sold. Now lets make sure we get some serious tutors befriending him.

I'm not backing down from what I said though because I still believe the news was premature.

Yes, he's gotta complete his hours in school now, but so do any scholarship players in any sport. I'm confident that JJ and company will do everything in their power to make sure he ready come next Spring.

Ok... ok... I'm sold. Now lets make sure we get some serious tutors befriending him.

I'm not backing down from what I said though because I still believe the news was premature.

If it helps you feel better, I feel the same way. That's why I tell pregnants ladies to shut the hell up until they're actually holding a swaddled baby. Don't bore me with premis.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Exciting news, of course. But COME ON! Vito. What a joke.

Your original post suggested this news would change the landscape of NT athletics for years to come. I don't see the signing of a great, but academically ineligible, basketball player to qualify as that.

Best case scenario he gets in, dominates the belt next year, and probably leaves after one year so he doesn't have to go to class anymore. I don't see that as being worthy of your first tease.

Just another reason not to read his blog.

damn dude no need to pee on my parade... getting the #2 SF in that nation to come play basketball at the Super Pit very well could change the landscape of NT athletics for years to come... look what Joe Greene did... Basketball at this school as never had a true legit superstar.... your just sour its not an O-lineman, tastygreek exposed you

• Upvote 1

We don't know that he necessarily needs tutors. The reason that he lacks the passed core curriculum is that he went to an unaccredited prep school in Miami as a junior. I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that he has failed courses. It appears that he has made an acceptable score on the SAT/ACT and had a high enough grade point average to graduate from high school.

So what if the news was premature? Sometimes you go with your gut feeling. Vito did that and everyone is now quoting him and the Denton Record-Chronicle because he has the story. Accept his good fortune.

• Upvote 1

You're an idiot and a jerk.

This is the #12 player in the country. Blake Griffin was ranked 23rd when Rivals had him as a 5 star.

As someone else already pointed out, one draft analyst already has him penciled in as the 7th best prospect for the 2012 draft.

This is the biggest deal we've ever had recruiting wise. In any sport. Ever. Bigger than the guy Fry pulled in that was ranked 1st in Texas.

fyi...my six year old daughter has been taught that beginning an argument with name calling is unproductive.

No joke. I'm having a hard time figuring out why exactly I've been targeted for basically just not being as excited as everyone else.

No worries.People on this board think they are better then everyone else because they have money or donate or think they have an "in" with someone. I rather just talk to the players or something. This could have popped up before. I still take it as a knock, but they do not get it. So lets just celebrate that we snagged the best find in our school history and start focusing on our next two scholarships. Any ideas on some players here fellas?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

No worries.People on this board think they are better then everyone else because they have money or donate or think they have an "in" with someone. I rather just talk to the players or something. This could have popped up before. I still take it as a knock, but they do not get it. So lets just celebrate that we snagged the best find in our school history and start focusing on our next two scholarships. Any ideas on some players here fellas?

Jarion Henry: 4* Small Foward from Kimball. 6'8" 195lbs.

This guy is on my wish list...

• Upvote 1

Jarion Henry: 4* Small Foward from Kimball. 6'8" 195lbs.

This guy is on my wish list...

Mine as well.... and I am hoping Jordan is reping our school well. And with Big T on board we will be quite a force. I wonder if this will help or hinder in us getting him. I heard he was a Cali man so somewhere on the west coast suites him better... :/

Don't have 2 more to give for sure.

Josh/Dom/Tristan/George/Shannon are done. 2 ships are open through the season (Mangrum and McGhee).

Jordan/Chris/Trey/Forrest/Walton are all signed. If Cam Spencer gets his 6th year approved, we only have on scholarship left to give (assuming Mitchell gets his grades and earns a ship for next year).

And the correct answer is that it needs to go to Nolan Dennis. Colin would have wanted it that way.