Gmg.com Basketball Game

KRAM1

Thanks to all...the admins for the game and I are now checking on a firm date and place. Please keep the thoughts flowing...want to make this a fun event for all while we raise a few bucks for the Cheer Squad.

Anyone have any business connections where we might could get a bit of corporate sponsorship like we did for the GMG.com football game? I will lay out a sponsor package list soon...hope to get a shirt sponsor...would put the sponsor logo on the game shirts, name in program, and would pass out literature from the firm in goody bags to attendees, players, etc. Also looking for "good-bag" items....anyone have any laying around the office?

I hope to make this a really fun day for all...still need players...

Luis and myself are a bunch of shorties so I'd be happy to sit on the bench and cheer or even better, help with food and stuff (Luis too). Provided it's not during one of my daughter's soccer games. She plays academy soccer now and pretty much plays year round.

Thanks for the offer to help out. I don't think we will need to "prepare food" for the event. At least at the current times, plans are to "retire" after the game to some local watering hole for the post-game awards and food/adult beverages, etc. But, that could change...just concerned about possible weather problems if we try to hold an outside tailgate that time of the year. Now, if anyone knows of an indoor site nearby that would be available and allow us to bring our own food/drink, etc. that might be way cool as well.

Planning proceeding.

Just wanting to keep this on page one, so interested parties can get the info and we can begin final plans...still looking for players.

What would you think about a guy, when asked about playing, says that he is getting married sometime around then and it might not be possible to play. What? Hen pecked already and not even married yet???? True story, but the "un-named party" will stay un-named as I would not want his reputation to be shattered. So, the wedding planning (I thought that usually went to the bride and her family, but maybe that was before the age of the "merse") would be so intense around that time that one could not spend maybe two hours away from it at a charity BB game? Man, that's some intense wedding planning.

But, congrats to the un-named party. You are, indeed, a lucky fella...maybe a bit pre-wedding hen pecked, but still a lucky fella none the less. Yes, you know who you are!

:notfair::zoro:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Just wanting to keep this on page one, so interested parties can get the info and we can begin final plans...still looking for players.

What would you think about a guy, when asked about playing, says that he is getting married sometime around then and it might not be possible to play. What? Hen pecked already and not even married yet???? True story, but the "un-named party" will stay un-named as I would not want his reputation to be shattered. So, the wedding planning (I thought that usually went to the bride and her family, but maybe that was before the age of the "merse") would be so intense around that time that one could not spend maybe two hours away from it at a charity BB game? Man, that's some intense wedding planning.

But, congrats to the un-named party. You are, indeed, a lucky fella...maybe a bit pre-wedding hen pecked, but still a lucky fella none the less. Yes, you know who you are!

:notfair::zoro:

I wouldn't want to speculate as to the circumstances of hypothetical people in this situation... But it may go beyond hen-pecked and into the realm of potential murder.

If said individual's fiancee had already been kind enough to schedule the wedding around the Sun Belt basketball tournament... Which she was going to attend in a house full of 15-16 other people, most of whom she doesn't really know... AND she had to deal with one night every week being stolen away by basketball for podcast stuff... AND she spent 5 months every year getting annoyed with constant requests to check Sun Belt scores on her phone... AND she attended 20+ games per year, all with a smile on her face and sincere enthusiasm...

If this hypothetical guy were to turn to his future wife, after 6 months of basketball neglect was finally assumed to be over, and just a week or two before their wedding (which he's spent about 5% as much time thinking about and working on as he has their Hot Springs trip) tell her that he's skipping out on the weekend for something related to North Texas and basketball... Well, this hypothetical guy likely wouldn't just not be getting married- he may not survive to see next basketball season.

Don't worry about him being whipped... Worry about him getting shot. :P

• Upvote 1

OK, looks like we are aiming for SATURDAY, MARCH 26th with tip off at 1:00PM at the UNT Rec Center. Old men's gym is in use, so no go there. I have chatted with the Rec Center folks and that date and time will work for them. They are looking at providing us with a break on costs, so that should be within budget as well.

PLEASE check your calendars and schedules and let me know if you would like to play. It would be great to have at least 4 teams. That way we can have a prelim round and a finals and consolation game as well. Yes, you can survive two games...we'll make the time not so bad!

OK, we need...

1) PLAYERS

2) SPONSORS - Corporate and personal who want to make a small or large donation to help our Cheer Squad with expenses

3) Volunteers...to do whatever!

4) Game shirt design artist willing to work for the joy of doing it!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW...here or through PM. Player fee will be $25.00...same as the GMG.Com football game and includes player shirt...additional donations greatly appreciated. Details will follow.

Should be a great time...and the FIRST ANNUAL GMG.COM BASKETBALL GAME. Can we do this??? YES WE CAN!

OK, looks like we are aiming for SATURDAY, MARCH 26th with tip off at 1:00PM at the UNT Rec Center. Old men's gym is in use, so no go there. I have chatted with the Rec Center folks and that date and time will work for them. They are looking at providing us with a break on costs, so that should be within budget as well.

PLEASE check your calendars and schedules and let me know if you would like to play. It would be great to have at least 4 teams. That way we can have a prelim round and a finals and consolation game as well. Yes, you can survive two games...we'll make the time not so bad!

OK, we need...

1) PLAYERS

2) SPONSORS - Corporate and personal who want to make a small or large donation to help our Cheer Squad with expenses

3) Volunteers...to do whatever!

4) Game shirt design artist willing to work for the joy of doing it!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW...here or through PM. Player fee will be $25.00...same as the GMG.Com football game and includes player shirt...additional donations greatly appreciated. Details will follow.

Should be a great time...and the FIRST ANNUAL GMG.COM BASKETBALL GAME. Can we do this??? YES WE CAN!

Probably can't play as I will have baseball tournaments going on, but if this is to raise funds for cheer squad, I can make a donation. Just let me know where/how.

I'd be interested in playing if its not too late to sign up.

Stats: 6'2, decent mid-jumper, no beer gut.

No where near too late...in fact, you can be the first "official" sign up. More details to follow.

I hope to get a thread for the game details going soon. I'll check with Harry about that and see if we can't get it Pinned somewhere so it will stay available to folks. Thanks for wanting to participate...I've got you down.

Probably can't play as I will have baseball tournaments going on, but if this is to raise funds for cheer squad, I can make a donation. Just let me know where/how.

Understand, apprecaite the offer to contribute. I've got you down as a contributor. When the details oh how and where are ironed out, I will definitely let you know. many thanks...appreciate the support and I know the Cheer Squad will as well...GO MEAN GREEN!

IF CBL is coming down to play... I am in.

Donate to GoMeanGreen.com

GoMeanGreen.com is an independent fan community that relies on your support. Your donation will help CBL get to Texas on March 26. We appreciate your help! For those who donate $50 or more we will provide beer as our thanks. Go Mean Green!

Donate:

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Looking good...and I am excited to say that RV has offered the use of the GYM at the MEAN GREEN VILLAGE for our game (free of charge). Tip-off is looking like 1PM on March 26th. It's the gym where the VV team plays and where UNT holds its basketball camps. Great spot...much more user friendly from a spectator point of view than the Rec Center. I mean the location, nothing against the Rec Center and the good and helpful folks who work there, it's just we would have a cost to use the facility...no cost at the Mean Green Village.

$25.00 per player includes the first and original collectors edition of the first annual GMG.COM BB game. Who would not want one of these for a keepsake. They will be hot items for sure.

Thank you RV for your help and support...very much appreciated.

OK, we need players and sponsors and donations from those who want to help but cannot play. Anyone know a business or own a business or work for a business that might be willing to sponsor our event for the Cheer Squad? I am working on a sponsor package, so there will be some benefits for the sponsor...let me know...please and thank you.

Any size donation would be greatly appreciated...details on how to donate will be posted shortly.

Looking good...and I am excited to say that RV has offered the use of the GYM at the MEAN GREEN VILLAGE for our game (free of charge). Tip-off is looking like 1PM on March 26th. It's the gym where the VV team plays and where UNT holds its basketball camps. Great spot...much more user friendly from a spectator point of view than the Rec Center. I mean the location, nothing against the Rec Center and the good and helpful folks who work there, it's just we would have a cost to use the facility...no cost at the Mean Green Village.

$25.00 per player includes the first and original collectors edition of the first annual GMG.COM BB game. Who would not want one of these for a keepsake. They will be hot items for sure.

Thank you RV for your help and support...very much appreciated.

OK, we need players and sponsors and donations from those who want to help but cannot play. Anyone know a business or own a business or work for a business that might be willing to sponsor our event for the Cheer Squad? I am working on a sponsor package, so there will be some benefits for the sponsor...let me know...please and thank you.

Any size donation would be greatly appreciated...details on how to donate will be posted shortly.

Sweet! Great news!

It's OFFICIAL...we have been granted the use of the gym at the Mean Green Village for our game on the 26th. So, time to start confirming those playing and getting me t-shirt sizes and listing playing stats for the team draw, etc., etc.

PLEASE let me know...we need lots of players...we can have more than one game and a championship play-off if enough want to play. You can definitely bring friends, relatives, etc. who might want to play. It is a co-ed event, so all are welcome. If you want to sign-up a ringer (ex-college/pro player...you know what I mean) PM me and let me know the details.

I will get back with you as details become known. Cost is $25 per player and that includes a GMG.Com collector's edition 1st annual GMG.com BB game t-shirt in either green or white. Depending upon which team you are on...of course.

I have asked harry to set the game up an "official" thread so all details can be posted.

MORE TO COME...it's going to be great fun!

WE NEED donations as well as players and we continue to look for sponsors at the $50, $100, $150 and $250 levels. There are some benefits and opportunities for sponsors, so if you own a company or work for a company that might be willing to help the UNT Cheer Squad...please let me know with a PM. We plan on having a game day program and goodie bags with sponsor info and other stuff for players and spectators (first come first served as long as they last).

We also need "goody bag" items, so if you have some "stuff" that would be good for a goody-bag (corporate give-a-way items, coupons, etc.) let me know.

I am looking at getting an autographed UNT BB and/or jersey for a drawing/auction, etc. for the after-event get together at a local watering hole....

Looks like this could be a really fun event...I know you will want to be part of it one way of the other...donations of any size would be greatly appreciated. 100% of all net proceeds go to the UNT Cheer Squad.