Louisiana Lafayette (1/1/11)

CMJ

Had to leave at the half. Wow , I'm very impressed with this team. We could really make a run at the football's team 26 game conference win streak.

Arkansas State just might be our biggest challenge

Jan 22nd , saturday night @ 7pm. Pack the Pit. We need over 5 K there for that game !!!

As far as turnout... TCU will be kicking off in the Rose Bowl about the same time Ben Knox will be losing the opening tipoff.

he won it tonight... and solid win... loved what we did tonight.. good intensity but we lost the board battle (goerge was out)... any word what was wrong, he looked sick

he won it tonight... and solid win... loved what we did tonight.. good intensity but we lost the board battle (goerge was out)... any word what was wrong, he looked sick

Rolled his ankle. He should be back for the game against the MUTS.

I love the temperment and attitude of this time. They are so business like just like Coach Jones. Yet, they encourage each other when needed. Knox is contributing and will be counted on day in and day out. We need more out of Alonzo Edwards! Holmen is starting to come on.

The one thing I did NOT like tonight - training staff treatment of Tyler Hall when he got elbowed.

We put walkons in with 4 minutes left to play.

Ben Knox logged 31 minutes.

cool...i was following the espn gamecase and i never saw any names other than the starters and 3 normal reserves. thanks for the info!

knox stepped up tonight again!

I barely made it to this game. Had to drive straight from DFW Airport to Denton to get there a few minutes before tipoff.

1. I am THRILLED with the play of Ben Knox. He even received some noticeable clapping a couple times when he came to the bench for a breather. He is hustling, playing good defense, and really is starting to look as though there is a good amount of untapped potential within him.

2. It is very comforting to see us play that well without George. We need him desperately for this season, but some of these guys seem to be stepping up enough to where next year, we may not have to rely entirely on this recruiting class.

The next game in Murfreesboro is not going to be easy. Middle does not seem to be an easy place to play, but we have the team to go in there and win! Go Mean Green!

What?

In retrospect, I am probably over reacting a bit. But, I was thinking the staff should have been more proactive in seeing if he was okay and attending to him. Had it been a starter, he may have been rushed to. I was very close to the action. Something just hit me wrong. No big deal probably.

• Upvote 1

In retrospect, I am probably over reacting a bit. But, I was thinking the staff should have been more proactive in seeing if he was okay and attending to him. Had it been a starter, he may have been rushed to. I was very close to the action. Something just hit me wrong. No big deal probably.

I agree, they did seem rather casual about it.

I barely made it to this game. Had to drive straight from DFW Airport to Denton to get there a few minutes before tipoff.

1. I am THRILLED with the play of Ben Knox. He even received some noticeable clapping a couple times when he came to the bench for a breather. He is hustling, playing good defense, and really is starting to look as though there is a good amount of untapped potential within him.

2. It is very comforting to see us play that well without George. We need him desperately for this season, but some of these guys seem to be stepping up enough to where next year, we may not have to rely entirely on this recruiting class.

The next game in Murfreesboro is not going to be easy. Middle does not seem to be an easy place to play, but we have the team to go in there and win! Go Mean Green!

Great win. UNT is looking very strong. I'm still out of town. Any idea what the attendance was tonight?

Yeah, it was just that one trainer. Hall is staggering off the court and bleeding and makes his way all the way behind the bench and says, "man, can I get something here." Then, the trainer, says, "well, get over here then." No sympathy for the walk on. I don't think Coach Jones or Leonard would have been happy with that response. He should have met him on the court and helped him and seem to care at least. Then, after the game Hall walks off by himself with no one walking him back or anything. Give me a break. the kid works his tail off at practice.

Don't be over dramatic. I saw the same thing and he just walked off the court like nothing happened. Of course he was touching his lip to see if there was any blood or guts hanging out but it is probably not the first and will not be the last time him or any other player has been hit on the lip.......but seriously dude you write this like you are in some sort of psychotherapy session trying to get closure on your emotions. So what if the trainer said what he said to Hall. All I ask is that you do not try to pyschoanalize grown men patting under 21 ball players on the a** anytime during the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't be over dramatic. I saw the same thing and he just walked off the court like nothing happened. Of course he was touching his lip to see if there was any blood or guts hanging out but it is probably not the first and will not be the last time him or any other player has been hit on the lip.......but seriously dude you write this like you are in some sort of psychotherapy session trying to get closure on your emotions. So what if the trainer said what he said to Hall. All I ask is that you do not try to pyschoanalize grown men patting under 21 ball players on the a** anytime during the game.

What's next, calling him a jackwagon and throwing a box of Kleenex? :P