Louisiana State University (12/22/10)

CMJ

Curious to see if this GREAT win by our Mean Green gets a mention on the local newscasts tonight. Or.........if it'll get brushed under the damn rug like our win over Tech.

Keeping my fingers crossed we get that mention!

Edited by UNTX

JJ found his starting 5 for the rest of the season with the lineup of...

5 Ben Knox- Really improving this season... has ideal C size at 6'11"

4 George Odufuwa- He's playing like Trammel all because of Knox allowing him to play his true position

3 Tristian Thompson- Great scorer and great shooter... his streakyness will be crucial in the NCAA 1st rd.

2 Shannon Shorter- Defensive wizard, loved his game vs LSU, solid 3 pt shot

1 Josh White- The heart, the soul, the MVP... he had his way with LSU's freshman PG.

After the Tech game and now the LSU game... i think its realistic that NT can win a game in the NCAA's... its gonna come down to us getting something lower than a #14 seed. If we get a #12 or #13 seed, that would mean playing a #5 or #4 seed which i think our team is capable of winning... its a long ways away, but UNT took a big step tonight in prooving many of the nay sayers wrong...

Edited by Adub4ever

JJ found his starting 5 for the rest of the season with the lineup of...

5 Ben Knox- Really improving this season... has ideal C size at 6'11"

4 George Odufuwa- He's playing like Trammel all because of Knox allowing him to play his true position

3 Tristian Thompson- Great scorer and great shooter... his streakyness will be crucial in the NCAA 1st rd.

2 Shannon Shorter- Defensive wizard, loved his game vs LSU, solid 3 pt shot

1 Josh White- The heart, the soul, the MVP... he had his way with LSU's freshman PG.

After the Tech game and now the LSU game... i think its realistic that NT can win a game in the NCAA's... its gonna come down to us getting something lower than a #14 seed. If we get a #12 or #13 seed, that would mean playing a #5 or #4 seed which i think our team is capable of winning... its a long ways away, but UNT took a big step tonight in prooving many of the nay sayers wrong...

Don't forget Johnson.. I know he hasn't started, but his minutes have been vital to our success.

Curious to see if this GREAT win by our Mean Green gets a mention on the local newscasts tonight. Or.........if it'll get brushed under the damn rug like our win over Tech.

Keeping my fingers crossed we get that mention!

Steve Eager Fox 4 reported the win tonight. He mentioned JJ ties to LSU then told Clarise Tinsley good choice of wearing "MEAN GREEN"

Glad we got regional recognition, and even a lil props for UNT. GMG

Steve Eager Fox 4 reported the win tonight. He mentioned JJ ties to LSU then told Clarise Tinsley good choice of wearing "MEAN GREEN"

Glad we got regional recognition, and even a lil props for UNT. GMG

Channel 8 ignored us. They showed highlights from texas, uta, and baylor, but no mention of UNT, or smu for that matter.

I was thinking tomorrow's D-RC would be worth keeping....but I'm not sure that Brett Vito was there tonight. He didn't make any blog posts from the game. So tomorrow's D-RC and DMN report....might just be from AP?

Edited by SUMG

Channel 8 ignored us. They showed highlights from texas, uta, and baylor, but no mention of UNT, or smu for that matter.

Channel 11 didn't mention us....but we got a report on sprinter Teddy Williams being added to the Cowboys' 53 man roster (yawn).

Typical, all Big12 coverage. You would think DFW had a Big12 team located here somewhere. <_<

They had UTA/TxTech video; is the lack of our coverage due to our SID or Marketing Dept not sending info or video in time?? We lost a major opportunity for some marketing points tonight with a win over a big SEC school and no news of it on the most watched 10pm sports locally.

In another area of coverage, here are some game photos from the LSU Athletics site (please forward to Ch. 8 in Dallas since nobody else seems to be able to!)> http://www.lsusports.net/PhotoAlbum.dbml?SPSID=27828&SPID=2166&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=5200&PALBID=384788

Edited by NT80

this victory tonight, could be the first step in Johnny Jones becoming the next head coach at LSU.

Why would JJ go backwards?? Seems like LSU past on JJ a while back stating "he hasn't had enough big game experience" ??? Wonder what they think now?? Good job to JJ and the mighty Mean Green team tonight!

Man, this game was priceless. I went to friends house who's big LSU fan. He cooked out and we eat baby back ribs and the works. On top of that UNT spanked his Tigers and he was a good sport about it. Knox played much differently than in the past. Big Ben is starting to look like he belongs on the floor. Who's this "PAUL" KID, a reserve bench player of course, but cans a 3 from almost mid court that puts UNT at 20 Point win. 20 points sounds and looks much more convincing on the eye's than 17 pt win. Mr. Paul's shot was from flat out Downtown!!!

Great win for Johnny Jones and the men!!!

I sure hope the LSU AD wasn't writing up a long term contract for JJ at halftime. If I were LSU's AD I sure would be!!!

I hope JJ loves UNT as much as he's claimed in the past!!! :bow:

Man, this game was priceless. I went to friends house who's big LSU fan. He cooked out and we eat baby back ribs and the works. On top of that UNT spanked his Tigers and he was a good sport about it. Knox played much differently than in the past. Big Ben is starting to look like he belongs on the floor. Who's this "PAUL" KID, a reserve bench player of course, but cans a 3 from almost mid court that puts UNT at 20 Point win. 20 points sounds and looks much more convincing on the eye's than 17 pt win. Mr. Paul's shot was from flat out Downtown!!!

Great win for Johnny Jones and the men!!!

I sure hope the LSU AD wasn't writing up a long term contract for JJ at halftime. If I were LSU's AD I sure would be!!!

I hope JJ loves UNT as much as he's claimed in the past!!! :bow:

The kid is Tyler Hall, second year walk on.

Wow! I missed the game, but I'm shocked that we blew out LSU on their floor! I was confidently hoping for a win, but I did not expect that kind of dominance.

I'm surprised that Knox played 21 minutes with minimal contributions, yet the guys cruised. He must bring SOMETHING to the table that makes this team play better. It's not anything that is showing up on the stat sheet though. Anybody care to put it into words?

Also, Holmen and Edwards played a combined 15 minutes with little to show. What happened there?

The attendance at LSU tonight was 7017. I don't know how many people were actually in the stands, but who cares. Yes, LSU may not be the strongest SEC team, but their losses before tonight were by an average of 7 points, and a high of 9 points. That included a 9-point loss to #19 Memphis. We went onto their "SEC" home court and spanked the heck out of them worse than anyone else has this year, including a top 20 team.

Great job Coach Jones, and great job to the team (especially Josh White for tearin it up in his hometown). This is a big win over a team with name recognition. Way to go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

Oh man...7017 in attendance my backside!!! I thought I was watching a Troy game with 900 people in the stands. Thought I know JJ had 150 family and friends at the game.

LSU alumni sure support LSU's BB team (a bad team at that) with a large amount of season ticket's sold. If 7,017 actually showed up they'd be calling for the coach head tonight!!!

:lol:I guess we can blame this one on Knox. Very nice win, and I guess we have to say "in JJ we trust" until proven otherwise. His teams tend to be slow starters, so we may just have more to look forward to than most of us really expected, After we take care of the Panhandlers, we could be looking at 13-2 before we go on the road in conference play. We have a chance to have a truly ridiculous record this year if things keep looking up. Most everyone looked good tonight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1