Bowen Confirmed

Brett Vito

Bowen's WKU Bio

Young guy coming off of a great success at Kansas then going to WKU... What heppened there? Why did he go to WKU?

All in all I like the hire, he looks like a solid college coach with experience designing defenses against some of the best in the business up there in the Big 12!

another thread mentioned that bowen was one of three coaches held onto after mangino was fired. gill came in and ended up cleaning house. there wasn't much left out there other than some bcs conference secondary coaching spots and he wanted to be a dc, therefore, he ended up in wky.

I am pi$$ed at you guys for this one. Congratulations though, you got a really good one.

Quite the coaching staff you are putting together indeed.

Sorry HillTopper...I can honestly say that since both teams have resided at the bottom of the SBC for 3 yrs that I have always pulled for WKU to start a turnaround. I kept track of you guys last year and almost felt proud of you guys when you were playing. It remains to be seen but I can imagine that WKU's loss will be a huge gain for the Mean Green.

At first glance, I thought we could do better on this hire, but I decided to do a little research before getting on here and throwing a fit. I'm glad I did. Yes, WKU's record last season was bad, and their defense gave up lots of points, but they did make great improvements. Under Bowen, WKU ranked better then North Texas in several defensive categories. Not bad for his first year at the school. With his Big 12 experience, and knowledge of recruiting the midwest, he should be great for us.