Osu Prez Gordon Gee

UNTflyer

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Ohio State president told the AP that Boise State and TCU don’t deserve to play for the national championship even if they remained undefeated.

Why? Strength of schedule.

“I do know, having been both a Southeastern Conference president (at Vanderbilt) and a Big Ten president, that it’s like murderer’s row every week for these schools,“ Gee said.

“We do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor. We play very fine schools on any given day. So I think until a university runs through that gantlet that there’s some reason to believe that they not be the best teams to (be) in the big ballgame.“

OSU’s strength of schedule this season is 59th in the country. TCU is 68. Boise State is 73.

Guest MeanGreenHomer

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Ohio State president told the AP that Boise State and TCU don’t deserve to play for the national championship even if they remained undefeated.

“I do know, having been both a Southeastern Conference president (at Vanderbilt) and a Big Ten president, that it’s like murderer’s row every week for these schools,“ Gee said.

“We do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor. We play very fine schools on any given day. So I think until a university runs through that gantlet that there’s some reason to believe that they not be the best teams to (be) in the big ballgame.“

OSU’s strength of schedule this season is 59th in the country. TCU is 68. Boise State is 73.

It's people like Gee that are bad for college football. He needs to stay behind his desk and let the men who play between the lines decide it on the field. That is the problem with college football and is quickly becoming the problem in the NFL, there is too much influence from men behind desks. Gee admits to knowing nothing about football, but then precedes to give his opinion. It really boggles the mind. Maybe he should be more focused on his team not choking everytime it is given an opportunity on the big stage in the past 8 years.

Then surely this man thinks a playoff will prove his point.

He is on our side!

Actually exactly the opposite. In the full version of the article he goes on to say he is VERY against a playoff and thinks that if the BCS were abolidhed we should go back to the old bowl system.

Shocking from the the President of the only school that rivals UT in athletic spending. Just shocking.

We're ranked better thank Boise and TCU by some random computers and by a bunch of coaches. This means we don't have to play them. This also means we can avoid finding out the hard way that those teams are better than we are. So we'll hide behind circumstances that TCU nor Boise can control due to their conferences and claim that we're better. Also, screw playoffs because that might even the playing field and we're piss-scared of losing.

Fixed.

Whatever he says or doesn't says makes no difference at all. If everybody wanted a playoff but the Big Ten didn't then I can guarantee that their vote wouldn't sway that much to keep the current system. Let the man say what he wants to say. The more hoopla we see on a yearly basis the closer I think the playoff will come at some point.

Gee didn't mention the 3 consecutive losses to Middle Tennessee whilst at Candybuilt, did he ? Then they dropped us from their future schedules.

How 'bout Gee's doobie-smoking wife while at Vandy ?

http://www.wheremostneeded.org/2007/07/million-dollar-.html

. wife Constance smoked marijuana in the President's mansion (she said, for medical reasons). Mrs. Gee, who had received a tenured position at Vanderbilt as part ...

We do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor. We play very fine schools on any given day. So I think until a university runs through that gantlet that there’s some reason to believe that they not be the best teams to (be) in the big ballgame.“

I hate comments like this when schools just like OSU schedule schools like NT since their conference slate is "so tough." If you want your comments to be truly taken seriously, play top shelf programs (or at least AQ teams) every week.

I absolutely hate it when people tear down schools like TCU or Boise St. in football just because of their conference affiliation. In my opinion this Ohio St. president is an idiot. What he said was prideful, ignorant, and uncalled for. I would love for TCU or Boise to play them. I don't know if they would win, but it would be a hell of a game. This guy needs to shut his mouth before he says something that will get him fired.

I absolutely hate it when people tear down schools like TCU or Boise St. in football just because of their conference affiliation. In my opinion this Ohio St. president is an idiot. What he said was prideful, ignorant, and uncalled for. I would love for TCU or Boise to play them. I don't know if they would win, but it would be a hell of a game. This guy needs to shut his mouth before he says something that will get him fired.

Jerry Reed understands what it is like to be a FBS school in a non-AQ conference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja7mwvH5DNc

A lot of these "Little Sisters of the Poor" are beating BCS conference teams, especially lately. Teams like Boise State and TCU schedule everybody they can. If Ohio State thinks they can beat them, then they should schedule them.

If a one-loss Auburn or whoever get into the championship game over undefeated Boise State or TCU, then the BCS is basically announcing to the world that almost half of FBS is never eligible to compete for a national championship, which means it's not really a championship at all.

TCU and Boise would beat the 2'nd division of all the AQ conferences and probably a big majority (if not all) of their upper division teams, too. The guy should have stuffed a big turkey leg in his mouth before he spoke.

TCU is easily the best team in the Lone Star State--bar none.

gmg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I personally can't stand Gordon Gee. He wants to be a celebrity more than he wants to be a good university president. He parades around in his wacky mismatched bowties and says things just for the sake of drawing attention. Ohio State's schedule wasn't much better than either TCU's or Boise State's this season.