If R V Wants Jeff Bower, Then I Am For It

NT80

Jeff Bower is an experienced head coach and has a lot of the criteria we're looking for. He can recruit the south where we play many conference games.

RV knows him and if he thinks Jeff Bower is the best guy for our program now then I'm in too. I just want the selection made as soon as possible to get the recruiting and selling started.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Jeff Bower is an experienced head coach and has a lot of the criteria we're looking for. He can recruit the south where we play many conference games.

RV knows him and if he thinks Jeff Bower is the best guy for our program now then I'm in too. I just want the selection made as soon as possible to get the recruiting and selling started.

I know you did not mean "forget Texas". Who knows, maybe he could get Miss's #4 rated QB or DT to come here. I agree with you. Very similar programs, even though their program was a little ahead of ours when he took over.

Edited by Green Dozer

RV says it's going to be a national search. He says he does NOT want to be Southern Miss and wants to be better than them. He says there are no current favorites. He says no decisions are going to be made before "all the rocks are turned over." He says he's making the final decision, but with input from the President and the BOR plus an outside consultant. He also says it is going to take till close to the end of the season to get through the process at the earliest.

After all of that, I trust whomever he picks.

I'm also certain some will complain about the choice no matter who it is. :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

RV says it's going to be a national search. He says he does NOT want to be Southern Miss and wants to be better than them. He says there are no current favorites. He says no decisions are going to be made before "all the rocks are turned over." He says he's making the final decision, but with input from the President and the BOR plus an outside consultant. He also says it is going to take till close to the end of the season to get through the process at the earliest.

There are some on this board that would complain just because there was nothing to complain about. Just their nature I guess.

From what the board has stated this week and how we do not want to be Southern Miss...it makes me believe that RV has put Bower down the list because of his reassurance that he does not want us to be USM either. Of course in the end he will do what he thinks is best but I imagine he is rethinking the whole Bower hire he was pretty much set on him being a top finalist.

i expect an announcement around thanksgiving but a pick before that. heard rv was disappointed bower was not higher on our poll and the negative comments

Here's Bower's record vs all opponents. Looks like he's got a very good record vs FBS non-AQ teams and does have a winning record vs several AQ teams. Didn't play may 1AA teams, but beat um all.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/coaching/alltime_coach_opponents.php?coachid=215

I think that Bower would be the easy way out.

Haven't heard much about Bowden? Anyone think he's a good option?

Terry, yes. Bobby, not so much.

Actually I keep reading more and more names on here that sound good. How many are interested and will apply? Hopefully a lot of them. And I really hope we talk to them all! More than once I have been surprised by someone I never expected to be a good hire coming out of nowhere.

Here's Bower's record vs all opponents. Looks like he's got a very good record vs FBS non-AQ teams and does have a winning record vs several AQ teams. Didn't play may 1AA teams, but beat um all.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/coaching/alltime_coach_opponents.php?coachid=215

Overall 119-83-1. He took USM to 11 Bowls in 18 years, winning 6 of the 11. Yes, Texas recruiting is very important. The point was we play a lot of games under the SEC map so why not recruit those areas too?

Bower would be fine, but many others mentioned I'm OK with too. I just want the new guy to have college head coaching experience so he already knows all the little things required for the job.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Bower_(American_football)

There are some on this board that would complain just because there was nothing to complain about. Just their nature I guess.

So, you think there has been nothing to complain about?

Maybe you were just using a misguided saying to make a point, but if not, you could give this guy optimism lessons:

randyquaid_i.jpg