If R V Wants Jeff Bower, Then I Am For It

NT80

M.Applewhite!!!!!

Because the Texas running game is so good this year??? No thanks.

And lets not be so quick to anoint Bower. He is good, but I think we can do better. Lets see what the search firm has to say, and then debate their selections.

Why does Tommy Bowden never get mentioned? He was a good coach at Clemson. He has a name that would attract attention.

Tommy has been mentioned. It's Bobby that should not have been mentioned. He's retired and from what I hear plans to stay that way.

Forget that he didn't have a single losing season at Clemson, when you can take a Tulane team that had won five games in the previous three seasons and go 7-4 and then a perfect 12-0 he should get more than just mentioned.

Of course, that could be the fault of the O-Line coach or the offensive coordinator. Just sayin'

It's no secret that the Texas running game has struggled the past few years. Texas recruits some of the top talent in the country at every position and still has trouble running the ball. Charles was the last good back out of Texas. If this were only a problem this season I'd be ok with saying it could be the fault of the O-line coach or the O-Coordinator, but it has been a few years since Texas has run the ball well, and they had some good O- lines for most of the last few seasons. The plain truth is Texas has too much talent not to have a top running back, so it must be the coaching.

It's no secret that the Texas running game has struggled the past few years. Texas recruits some of the top talent in the country at every position and still has trouble running the ball. Charles was the last good back out of Texas. If this were only a problem this season I'd be ok with saying it could be the fault of the O-line coach or the O-Coordinator, but it has been a few years since Texas has run the ball well, and they had some good O- lines for most of the last few seasons. The plain truth is Texas has too much talent not to have a top running back, so it must be the coaching.

I laughed during their game today when the announcers talked about how they don't have a line that was built to pass block every play. If they can't run the ball and they can't pass block, just say their line sucks and be done with it.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 1

I laughed during their game today when the announcers talked about how they don't have a line that was built to pass block every play? If they can't run the ball and they can't pass block, just say their line sucks and be done with it.

I could not agree more.