Rangers Game 2 Thread

Francoure (sp?) had a Good comment on the ticket. Talked about how it was nice that Feliz was able to get into a game with a nice cushion for his first postgame experience to get the jitters out

That sounds like a smart thing to say.

Really anxious about today. On paper, this is ours, but it all comes down to CJ's control and command.

Really anxious about today. On paper, this is ours, but it all comes down to CJ's control and command.

I too am a little anxious about CJ. I'm betting that the anxiousness is heightened in TB right now. How much confidence would you have in Shields?

CJ likes to get up for big games. I think he'll be fine... but if he starts getting hit, get him out ASAP because he seems to rattle quickly.

Gotta believe that the Rangers hitters are locked-in right now and are licking their chops to get at Shields.

Tampa Bay knows what the stakes are today so I think today's game will be a lot tougher than yesterday. CJ just can't over think on the mound. Just go out there and throw strikes and I like our chances. Shields hasn't had a great year but most people tend to pick it up a notch in the playoffs so I am expecting him to at least keep the Rays in the game.

That sounds like a smart thing to say.

C.J worries me the most of any starter that will take the mound for the Rangers this postseason. The guy could go out there and throw a 4 hitter or could go out there and completely implode. Let's hope for the 1st option.

Cliff Lee IS a big game pitcher. Today will tell about CJ, who has never piched in a playoff game.

Michael Young when he threw an outside slider at which Young had a check swing contested, but an appeal down to first base said he didn't go around. The count went full, and the next pitch was an inside fastball that Young drilled deep to center field for a backbreaking three-run homer.

An infuriated Joe Maddon stormed out of the dugout to argue following the home run. Not surprisingly, Maddon was ejected after a few choice words it looked like alot of f-Bombs

• Upvote 1