Was Admin Tower Ever Lit?

Green Dozer

Maybe not a big deal to some, but my understanding that as of midnight, the tower was still not lit green. It just one of those small details when it comes to traditions here that we want to start, but can't quite get off the ground. I also know it is one win amongst many losses as of late, but if we want winning to be taken seriously around here, then things like this don't need to be overlooked.

Edited by Green Dozer

They started to light the tower green but the bulbs broke. Then they put in the backup bulbs and they broke almost immediately also. Havn't seen such a rash of season ending broken bulbs in a long time. I blame the maintenance staff for not going out and getting suitable back-up bulbs and having them ready to play, I mean light.

So, we're down to 3rd string lights? I hope th backups will be tried out in practice situations; we know now how important they are.

They started to light the tower green but the bulbs broke. Then they put in the backup bulbs and they broke almost immediately also. Havn't seen such a rash of season ending broken bulbs in a long time. I blame the maintenance staff for not going out and getting suitable back-up bulbs and having them ready to play, I mean light.

Now THAT is funny.

Actually, that's plausible!

If they didn't do it for other sports it would be! :) They're supposed to do it for anytime we win anything though. It used to be tough to keep tabs on EVERY sport (even in the late 90's - the precursor to MGSports wasn't as fast to update everything, so often results for things like volleyball didn't go up till the following day) -- but I tried like hell!

Courtesy of Kayla Spears, the Talons President:

We had someone out at the tower to light it and had people there ready to celebrate but sadly, maintance had prevented the box from being able to be opened. The box that we open up to gain access to the tower light was bolted shut which prevented the tower from being lighted. We are currently working on this and it will be definitely fixed within the day.

Kayla Spears

Edited by adammr

Courtesy of Kayla Spears, the Talons President:

We had someone out at the tower to light it and had people there ready to celebrate but sadly, maintance had prevented the box from being able to be opened. The box that we open up to gain access to the tower light was bolted shut which prevented the tower from being lighted. We are currently working on this and it will be definitely fixed within the day.

Kayla Spears

I'm sorry, but what self-respecting college group does not have a pair of bolt cutters? I mean, back in the day, that was like mandatory for every new pledge. :)