Defense

Mo Green

Hell.... I wanna know why we're not talking about the special teams. No kickoffs out of bounds. Not a single block in the back. Atterberry a 54 yard punt into the wind. Regularly kicking the ball inside the 5 on kickoffs with one into the endzone?

That is progress.

Dare you to start a thread.

Edited by Green Lantern

Hell.... I wanna know why we're not talking about the special teams. No kickoffs out of bounds. Not a single block in the back. Atterberry a 54 yard punt into the wind. Regularly kicking the ball inside the 5 on kickoffs with one into the endzone?

That is progress.

No blocked punts. And didn't the announcers from FAU say something about that missed FAU FG attempt being partially blocked. Also, Carey, with a 12 yard punt return. No muffed kick or punt returns. Was Gandy back with the team this week?

Overall the defense had a good game, but they were really shaky at the end with the game on the line. FAU last td was what 3 plays, and they did not exactly shut them down on their last drive. I'm sure I am not the only one that thought here we go again when FAU scored on three plays after NT last td.

I disagree. Looking at the box score...

- UNT takes over at 6:40 left in the game after the TD to bring FAU within 4, 21-17.

- UNT gets 1 first down and proceeds to move backwards from the FAU 39 back to the 50.

- UNT kicks and FAU takes over with 3:30 left in the game. I start to think this is like every other game so far, and a turnover would be a great way for this defense to prove themselves with the game on the line.

- UNT defense intercepts the ball, UNT offense takes over at the FAU 36 with 3:20 left. Just one first down would almost seal the deal.

- FAU burns 2 timeouts and UNT only burns 19 seconds off the clock in 4 downs...

Offense had 2 reasonable chances to put the game away with under 7 minutes left.

2 false start penalties kill both of those drives moving the offense backwards...

Yes, the last drive the defense gave up 50 yds in a hurry, knowing that FAU had to pass. (Were we in Prevent there?)