Tramiel To Mavericks

Cooley

By the way.....Channel 11 had a story the other night on the Mavs summer league team (focusing on Roddy Beaubois and Dominique Jones). I looked at the practice footage and I saw Eric. I believe number that he was wearing...was 27.

• Upvote 1

An interesting note:

Mavs’ assistant coaches Monte Mathis and Darrell Armstrong will be the head and assistant coaches of the SL team, respectively.

Here are the prospects who participated in Mavs mini-camp, but didn’t make the Summer League roster: Jermaine Beal (Vanderbilt), Kelvin Lewis (Houston), Jamel White (Texas Wesleyan), Andre Emmett (Texas Tech; drafted by the Sonics in 2004), Tony Crocker (Oklahoma), Dwight Lewis (USC), Larry Owens (Oral Roberts/Tulsa 66ers), Derrick Byars (Drafted by the Blazers in 2007), Roderick Flemings (Hawaii), and Zivonko Buljan (TCU).

Watching the game now. Tramiel just got 5 minutes of run in 2Q. It's a good sign that he was basically in there early with the second unit. Grabbed a couple of boards. Set alot of screens and moved around on onfense. Brought the energy.

Thanks for your thoughts. If he sees significant PT in the 2nd half let us know what you think

Well he got another 7 minutes in the second half. I don't think his play will show up in the stat sheet. He didn't really look for the shot and his teamates didn't look for him as they dominated the ball as is common in summer league. He rebounded well (finishing with 5) and played solid defense including getting a steal and forcing an opponent into a bad pass that led to a turnover. Overall I think he played well, would be nice if he got a chance to take some shots next game.

I watched it and he did not play; could not tell if he was on the bench. Perhaps he was injured or missed for a personal reason?

He is on the floor right now. Not the greatest start, missed jumper and turn over. Probably rusty from getting now run yesterday. Doesn't help that he's playing with the summer league black hole in Roddy B.