1St Game In New Stadium

NTEdgex2

I'd rather see us open the stadium against a name team we might have better odds against. Indiana would be fine with me. In 2009 they beat Eastern Kentucky be 6 points, and only beat Western Michigan by 4. Washington State might do also. If we couldn't land a BCS school, I'd settle for Tulane. They only beat Army by 1 point last season. I'm not saying any of these match ups is a guaranteed victory, but I think these teams represent programs with names that we at least have a fair chance a beating. No one wants to open that stadium with a lose, and Indiana or Washington might get us a televised game.

I like the Washington State idea... I already have tickets to hopefully see them lay some smack down on SMU in September.

You want people from the community to come out to this game to check out the stadium. Do NOT schedule a contest between a mouse and a lion. People in the community who are not hardcore fans will be turned off by the obvious mismatch.

I say we schedule Nevada or New Mexico State.

UCF scheduled Texas to open their new stadium; I still remember it. Yes, they lost but it was a competative game and a very excited crowd. I don't think it hurt UCF at all.

UCF scheduled Texas to open their new stadium; I still remember it. Yes, they lost but it was a competative game and a very excited crowd. I don't think it hurt UCF at all.

Competitive is the key word for North Texas whomever they start the season against.

• Upvote 1

I agree...a service academy team, be it Army, navy or Air Force, would be a great way to open the new stadium...flyover guaranteed, parachute drop perhaps, uniforms all over the place, etc., etc. Ready made hype for the game and a really nice draw.

So many promo's could be developed around it as well...

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

Army has two games without firm dates and 2 games yet to schedule. Looks like they're open for Sept. 3rd.

9-10 San Diego State

9-17 Northwestern

9-24 @ Ball State

10-15 vs. Notre Dame @Orlando, FL

10-22 @ Vanderbilt

11-5 @ Air Force

11-12 Rutgers @Yankee Stadium, NY

12-10 vs. Navy @Landover, MD

TBA @ Temple

TBA @ North Texas

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 1

I see how this works.

I'll play your game you rogue.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I see you've played knifey/spooney before.

But, I stand by my ninja faces as much as one can when they don't care, but are somewhat interested in sometimes being right.

Maybe we can open against our new conference divisional foe:

smu_20logo.jpg

Per UNT admins already offerred to 'Stangs and Jones turned it down cold. For all of you new to the metroplex privates relationship with us--Don't EVER expect any kind of help or support from these pompus a__holes now or ever in the future!!!

• Upvote 1

. I was told NT plays away the first week = 09/03/2011 (Tenn or other TBD).

The first home game would be 09/10/2011 or later.

Correct. Currently our future schedule does show UNT @ Tennessee on 9/3

http://nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/northtexas_future.htm