Mangrum To Transfer

Thank you for being such a solid player Collin. You had bad luck with injuries, but worked thru it to come back and be a crucial contributor off the bench. You were the 1st NT player to appear in two NCAA tournament games. For that you'll be remembered.

I wish you the best of luck in the future

Thank you for being such a solid player Collin. You had bad luck with injuries, but worked thru it to come back and be a crucial contributor off the bench. You were the 1st NT player to appear in two NCAA tournament games. For that you'll be remembered.

I wish you the best of luck in the future

I think Collin should at the very least mentioned or recognized on senior night '11

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Big day for breaking news around here. Sad to see him go. Great contributor this year, and too bad he's going to miss out on the chance to go to the NCAA's three times in his career. I always had hope that he would regain the touch from long range that he showed against Middle two seasons ago. He will be missed.

why all the hating on ben knox? am i the only one who thinks he might actually develop into a solid player for UNT?

Yes, you are.

Reasons: 1.) No hands

2.) No hops

3.) Weak

4.) Big White Stiff

5.) name the last good UNT big man white guy Center in the last 20 years

6.) Jones doesn't trust him

7.) His teammates don't trust him.

8.) He's not hungry

9.) I'm tired of typing reasons.

• Downvote 10

Yes, you are.

Reasons: 1.) No hands

2.) No hops

3.) Weak

4.) Big White Stiff

5.) name the last good UNT big man white guy Center in the last 20 years

6.) Jones doesn't trust him

7.) His teammates don't trust him.

8.) He's not hungry

9.) I'm tired of typing reasons.

Some of your reasons are opinions, others seem to indicate you have special incite into the team. I think that Knox could develop into a good player, obviously you don't. I do wonder what kind of fan feels it necessary to so blast any NT player.

Some of your reasons are opinions, others seem to indicate you have special incite into the team. I think that Knox could develop into a good player, obviously you don't. I do wonder what kind of fan feels it necessary to so blast any NT player.

The kind thats a big mean jerk.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1

You're right. That was a lot mean. I just wish we could use a scholarship on a better big man.

You know, Duke had a player that many thought had no hands, no hops, no hunger, was always injured, and was often accused of just being a big white stiff. Duke couldn't produce a proper low post player either....maybe Elton Brand fit the bill, but he was a tweener.

And yet Zoubek's emergence in the last 2 months are what won the Devils the NCAA title.

Granted he was 7'1 --- but in the Belt a kid who is a legitimate 6'10 and finds his game could dominate like a 7 footer. I'm not talking him throwing down 20 a night either. But if he can clean up in the glass and develop into a decent interior passer --- that is gold my friends, gold.

why all the hating on ben knox? am i the only one who thinks he might actually develop into a solid player for UNT?

No, You aren't. I think Knox just needs more game experience to get comfortable. It does not matter if we are up by 20. He can get his experience, and then he will be comfortable coming in in a close game if we need him.

There is no other player on our team that I root for personally as much as Ben Knox. He battles just as hard as anyone else out there, and that alone should at least earn the respect of the fans.