Nt 2010 Schedule

Cowtown

I mean, not to sound overly optimistic, but outside of Clemson and K-State, the rest of these games should be deemed "winnable". We've also never had a better chance to beat a Big 12 conference member (not named Baylor) better than this coming season. We get them at the end of the year (maybe) in a "home" game... that could be a great benefit.

I'd add MUTS and Troy to the "not winnable" list. They were just too far ahead of us last season to reasonably think we've made up that ground in this short period of time. So that's at least 4 losses that I see.

On the other hand, I think this team with experience and the coaching upgrades will be able to turn those 4-7 point losses from last season into 4-7 point wins. Sooooooooo...I don't see 7 wins as impossible at all.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

"The month of November sets up as the real test and will be make or break for this team. North Texas needs to be around 4-4 or 5-3 heading into November for a real chance at the SBC title, bowl game, or even a winning season. Anything less is dicey for all parties involved."

November will be a very important month and a very difficult part of the schedule.

Maybe I have missed something over all the frustration involving games Thanksgiving Weekend, we are away the weekend before Thanksgiving which I think is a great thing, but will the kids come home early for the Kansas State game? will this timing have an impact on that game's attendance?

I know I am going to be there... what do y'all think?

Maybe I have missed something over all the frustration involving games Thanksgiving Weekend, we are away the weekend before Thanksgiving which I think is a great thing, but will the kids come home early for the Kansas State game? will this timing have an impact on that game's attendance?

I know I am going to be there... what do y'all think?

If all goes true to form Denton will sit home full of turkey and students can't leave their mamas early---10K max

Edited by DallasGreen
  • Downvote 1

If all goes true to form Denton will sit home full of turkey and students can't leave their mamas early---10K max

I think people will come watch a game if they aren't sitting out in the cold watching our 1 or 2 win team take on some provisional D-1 squad of spares.

I never come up to Thanksgiving games, but I can assure you I'll make the trip for this one.

I think people will come watch a game if they aren't sitting out in the cold watching our 1 or 2 win team take on some provisional D-1 squad of spares.

I never come up to Thanksgiving games, but I can assure you I'll make the trip for this one.

If we are doing well and the weather is nice we may see a sell out, but scheduling this football game the Saturday after Thanksgiving is still not maximizing the potential of K-State being a home game. No matter how good attendance is for this game you can bet it would have been better on an alternate date, barring terrible football weather.

If we are doing well and the weather is nice we may see a sell out, but scheduling this football game the Saturday after Thanksgiving is still not maximizing the potential of K-State being a home game. No matter how good attendance is for this game you can bet it would have been better on an alternate date, barring terrible football weather.

Thing is, if you have to have a game scheduled for that weekend, none could be better. Scheduling one of our fellow Sun Belt conference schmucks--er, I mean, mates--not many will stick around or make the trip for it. But a big-time opponent in the last game at Fouts--I will be surprised if we don't have at least 25,000 and will not be shocked if there are more than 28,000. A game like this can overcome a non-ideal scheduling date.

• Upvote 2

Thing is, if you have to have a game scheduled for that weekend, none could be better. Scheduling one of our fellow Sun Belt conference schmucks--er, I mean, mates--not many will stick around or make the trip for it. But a big-time opponent in the last game at Fouts--I will be surprised if we don't have at least 25,000 and will not be shocked if there are more than 28,000. A game like this can overcome a non-ideal scheduling date.

I agree this is the best of our games next season to schedule on what is historically the worst day to schedule a game, my hope is the AD would mark this date out for the foreseeable future as not a home game usable date. This may change with my hope that we someday reestablish a winning tradition at UNT. But that may be ten years down the road.

This could be said of our series with SMU as well but I hope we don't use our best home games on Thanksgiving weekend as a way to justify playing on these weekends at home in the future.

Winning record coming into this game = over 25K will come. Just win. Winning cures everything.

Excuses are over. Dodge's first class are now seniors and his best class are juniors. Bare cupboard/Youth is no longer an excuse. Coaching is no longer an excuse(according to arguably the biggest Dodge critic over the years - TFLF). Riley is no longer a Freshman. The schedule is not brutal.

This is the year.