Nt 2010 Schedule

Cowtown

Got this from the guys at Channel 11, we have a couple of alums in high places over there.

North Texas 2010 Football Schedule

Sept. 4 at Clemson

Sept. 11 Rice

Sept. 18 at Army

Sept. 25 at Florida Atlantic*

Oct. 2 Louisiana-Lafayette*

Oct. 9 Arkansas State*

Oct. 16 Florida International* (Homecoming)

Oct. 30 at Western Kentucky*

Nov. 6 Troy*

Nov. 13 at Middle Tennessee*

Nov. 20 at Louisiana-Monroe*

Nov. 27 Kansas State

• Upvote 7

Sept. 4 at Clemson

Sept. 11 Rice

Sept. 18 at Army

Oct. 9 Arkansas State*

Nov. 6 Troy*

Nov. 13 at Middle Tennessee*

Nov. 20 at Louisiana-Monroe*

Nov. 27 Kansas State

Thank you posting this. I have been planing a wedding based off of guesses about who or where UNT might be playing.

But to keep it football related, how about that Arkansas State in OCT. There is a fun change.

November 6th! Thats the week I get out of jail! Troy don't stand a chance with me there in the parking lot. Its gonna be a great year.

The pain you feel in jail is probably less than the pain of getting kicked in the nuts while watching a unt football game

Todd Dodge and his staff have got to be breathing a huge sigh of relief. With the exception of Clemson, there really is not a game until Troy that is not winnable. FAU may be an exception since I don't think we have ever beaten them and it is on the road, but gosh this is a very favorable schedule with three straight home games in October and a bye after that before a roadie against WKU. Honestly this schedule is more favorable than last years! Dodge certainly cannot say that the schedule prevented him from keeping his gig.

Todd Dodge and his staff have got to be breathing a huge sigh of relief. With the exception of Clemson, there really is not a game until Troy that is not winnable. FAU may be an exception since I don't think we have ever beaten them and it is on the road, but gosh this is a very favorable schedule with three straight home games in October and a bye after that before a roadie against WKU. Honestly this schedule is more favorable than last years! Dodge certainly cannot say that the schedule prevented him from keeping his gig.

While there isn't a game that's not winnable, there also isn't a game that's not loseable (so many double negatives).

I have hope, but very little expectations.

Really Army? At Army is a win? If we win at Army then we better have a 4-1 record going into OCT 9th.

@ Army should be a WIN , unless you just have very , very low expectations.

A WIN at Army would show this team has improved from last year. Army returns a lot , as do we , but they lose their only WR threat , Ali V.

We have 2 x the amount of talent vs Army.There was no reason we should have lost that game last year.

If we happen to lose to Rice , who also returns a lot , the Army game becomes a must win game.

If we start out at 0 - 3 we are in trouble. Team confidence will be shot and this team ends with Troy,MTsU & K State. Any win vs those 3 would be a major shock

Edited by NT03

We have 2 x the amount of talent vs Army.There was no reason we should have lost that game last year.

I agree with this statement. UNT has always had talent, its the coaching lack of closing in the 4th Q that is costing us. But still if we win at Army than there is no reason we should not be 4-1 going into ASU.

Oct. 9 Arkansas State*

This 5 game stretch make the season & TDs future.

Can we go 5 - 0 ???

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree, but I'm also concerned about fiu on Homecoming. Those guys have lots of talent, I hope they don't get their crap together before that game. As for fau, I feel Canales will hold his own calling the plays, and I think we finaly get a win over them.

The real question does anyone see 7 wins in this schedule? I see Rice, Army, and WK as must wins and the team to finish 4-3 in the rest of the conference games for a 7 win season. What would be the other 4 wins? I have not kept up with how much the rest of the Sun Belt lost or gained after last season.

I mean, not to sound overly optimistic, but outside of Clemson and K-State, the rest of these games should be deemed "winnable". We've also never had a better chance to beat a Big 12 conference member (not named Baylor) better than this coming season. We get them at the end of the year (maybe) in a "home" game... that could be a great benefit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm thinking that this bodes well for a positive season for the Mean Green...can't wait to see the way it turns out. Sure will be great to be cheering the Mean Green on to victory...and victory...and victory in 2010!

GO MEAN GREEN. I do think this schedule is a favorable one for the Mean Green. Nice to see. Love that UNT has another 6 home games!!!!!

I mean, not to sound overly optimistic, but outside of Clemson and K-State, the rest of these games should be deemed "winnable". We've also never had a better chance to beat a Big 12 conference member (not named Baylor) better than this coming season. We get them at the end of the year (maybe) in a "home" game... that could be a great benefit.

I agree. I think all games outside of maybe Clemson (no more Spiller though) are win-able. 6 home games and only 1 'body bag' game is about all we can ask for with our current situation.