15 Worst College Crime Areas

gangrene

Nope, fortunately, we're not on it!! But, perhaps this is a recruiting tool we can use to sway prospects against Texas and Baylor?!?!? :lol: :lol: :blink::unsure:

15 Worst College Crime Areas

Any kid who doesn't immediately recognize Waco as a festering pit of despair that needs to be avoided at all costs... Well, they probably don't have the mental capacity to gain admission at North Texas.

Edited by TheTastyGreek
  • Upvote 3

Any kid who doesn't immediately recognize Waco as a festering pit of despair that needs to be avoided at all costs... Well, they probably don't have the mental capacity to gain admission at North Texas.

Man, you'll do anything to get a head, won't you?

I'm not going to "subscribe" to find out, but I can't imagine Texas Wesleyan University, located in the Poly Heights section of east Fort Worth not having one of, if not the title in the violent crime category for college campuses. There's been several murders within a block or two the past year, one of which I made myself, and countless attempted murders, let alone the theft and drug trafficking that goes on a daily basis, all within a block or two. How they keep their doors open is a miracle to me. And hasn't TCU had a series of rapes the past year?

Rick

I'm not going to "subscribe" to find out, but I can't imagine Texas Wesleyan University, located in the Poly Heights section of east Fort Worth not having one of, if not the title in the violent crime category for college campuses. There's been several murders within a block or two the past year, one of which I made myself, and countless attempted murders, let alone the theft and drug trafficking that goes on a daily basis, all within a block or two. How they keep their doors open is a miracle to me. And hasn't TCU had a series of rapes the past year?

Rick

I would take some self defense courses and probably rethink being so honest. Remember, on the first day, go try to beat up the biggest badass and, should you come out ok, the rest may leave you alone.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Rick

I had to read this post a couple of times b/c on it's face it appears you just confessed to murder. I realize you meant you responded to the crime as a public servant.

Also, the stats are for property crimes. I'm not sure murder or rape count as a property crimes.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe the University of Houston didn't make the top 15.

Exactly what I was thinking as well. In fact, when I first visited U.H. I thought the area it's located in looked like a large version of Texas Wesleyan's area.

I have had the priveledge of working with our departments' most senior FF on my shift, at my station the past 5 years. He's been working the Poly area for over 36 years and whenever we get out to do inspections and have the time for him to reflect back, he'll point to a certain corner or building or business and tell us....

"...there was a double murder there,...they shot the clerks head off with a shotgun in this store back in.???,...A prostitute had her ------ cut off behind that building,..had a family robbed and murdered in that house..." and on and on and on, all around TWU's campus. Apparantly back in the late 70's and 80's before P.D. Chief Windham's weed and seed program was put in place the Poly area was a near war zone. The stories are amazing and although the murder's are not as bad, the theft and drug crime is still there today.

Rick

I know someone well who was carjacked, kidnapped, and nearly murdered after three guys grabbed him at gunpoint on the edge of the Baylor campus. After they took the 5 bucks out of his pocket, they drove him out in the country looking for a place to kill him. He jumped out of the car while they were doing 50-60 on a country road and ran away as they opened fire. One of them is dead and the other two in prison. Scary stuff.