The Latest Update On The Unt Oc Vacancy

gangrene

Positions must be open for a minimum of 5 business days. They can be open open to all candidates, or open only to University employees. The time period may be longer upon the decision of the department that is posting the position.

Lurker, I take it you work at UNT?? If so, thank you for your clarification. To everyone else - can we please put this myth of a NCAA/state government/etc. requirement of a 30-day waiting period to bed once and for all?? It's an insult to our football intelligence.

Lurker, I take it you work at UNT?? If so, thank you for your clarification. To everyone else - can we please put this myth of a NCAA/state government/etc. requirement of a 30-day waiting period to bed once and for all?? It's an insult to our football intelligence.

I like that no one even questioned it for 5 years. Let's just repeat a new number on a few posts in the next few weeks and see if it sticks.

17 DAYS!

Edited by Quoner

Well,

It looks like those of us in Bobcat Country are in the same boat. We just lost our OC (Travis Bush) to UTSA yesterday afternoon. Time to see how long it takes to reload, or who they go after

If you guys think like some of our so very supportive GMG.com posters and if you don't have a new OC in less than a week your head coach and AD must be just sitting around with their thumbs in their noses waiting for all the "good ones" to get away. If they don't interview everyone "on the street" looking for an OC position and then announce it to your local beat writer then they certainly are just not doing their job.

Good luck with that search...let's race...who announces a new OC hire first? The Mean green or the Bobcats? It's a race...you know, let's not take the time to find the best fit, let's just race to the finish and hire someone. Before all the good ones get away. Money and opportunities are no issue here, of course! :lol:

Well,

It looks like those of us in Bobcat Country are in the same boat. We just lost our OC (Travis Bush) to UTSA yesterday afternoon. Time to see how long it takes to reload, or who they go after

I hear former SHSU head coach, Todd Whitten, is looking for an OC position (hint, hint). ;)

I think some people resent the newly passed 17 day state law. The question is - why did the new waiting period have to be an odd number? What do legislators have against even numbers?

Pressure from the IOOF lobbyists?

If you guys think like some of our so very supportive GMG.com posters and if you don't have a new OC in less than a week your head coach and AD must be just sitting around with their thumbs in their noses waiting for all the "good ones" to get away. If they don't interview everyone "on the street" looking for an OC position and then announce it to your local beat writer then they certainly are just not doing their job.

Good luck with that search...let's race...who announces a new OC hire first? The Mean green or the Bobcats? It's a race...you know, let's not take the time to find the best fit, let's just race to the finish and hire someone. Before all the good ones get away. Money and opportunities are no issue here, of course! :lol:

You are on.

I don't have much faith in our AD. Our Football Head Coach is at the end of his 3year contract, which has netted a conference crown and back to back winning seasons (something not done since the 90s), yet the AD has not decided if they are going to renew. They haven't publicly commented about the subject at all, so we have no idea who our coach will be next season. That being said, he made sure to lock in our basketball coach for another 3 years despite having a Dodge-sque record on the court for the past 3 years.

Edited by Chrisattsu

You are on.

I don't have much faith in our AD. Our Football Head Coach is at the end of his 3year contract, which has netted a conference crown and back to back winning seasons (something not done since the 90s), yet the AD has not decided if they are going to renew. They haven't publicly commented about the subject at all, so we have no idea who our coach will be next season. That being said, he made sure to lock in our basketball coach for another 3 years despite having a Dodge-sque record on the court for the past 3 years.

Et tu, Dr. Teis?

ostrich.jpg

Blind faith must truly be blissful...or is it ignorance that's blissful??

ostrich.jpg

Blind faith must truly be blissful...or is it ignorance that's blissful??

Blind, no...blissful yes. In my opinion, it is so much better than going through life with a negative attitude and a "the sky is falling" outlook. Sports are "side-events" for fans and it is supposed to be enjoyable. I choose to let the folks who get paid to do this stuff worry about all this "behind the scenes" stuff as it has no effect on my life what-so-ever UNLESS I LET IT! I'm a fan of UNT Athletics because I am a proud grad of UNT. I am not "embarrassed" by the team's won-loss record (even though I do so wish it were better). I can still have fun around the "water cooler" at work with friends and co-workers whose teams are (for now) doing much better. But, what they think of me and what I think of them and their universities does not rest with the team's won loss record. If you have your entire "persona" wrapped up in UNT Athletics, well, good for you, but that's not my life as I want it to be. I have a much broader view than that. Sure allows me to smile more than some of my more serious sport's minded friends.

The difference is that I do not see my life in terms of how UNT athletics goes. So, you can call it blind faith, ignorance or whatever you want...I prefer to see it as a guy who loves his university, does what he can to support it with his money AND his time, and very much enjoys college sports...and, who can find enjoyment in the game experience...win or lose. No question that it is even more fun when UNT wins, but fun it is. It

's even fun to jaw about it all at the barber shop where one guy still cannot get over the fact that DD is gone.

Who knows, we might even wake up tomorrow to the news that UNT hired a new OC and then all the "sky is falling and doom and gloom over how long it is taking" will have been for naught...in the meantime, I'll enjoy the basketball game tonight in person at the Super Pit and sleep quite well, win or lose because I had some fun with friends and Mean green Nation members this evening...it's not hard, it's just a personal decision to enjoy myself. You might just want to try it sometime. :P:unsure::thumbsup:

I choose to let the folks who get paid to do this stuff worry about all this "behind the scenes" stuff as it has no effect on my life what-so-ever UNLESS I LET IT!

Says the man who encourages others to renew season tickets, join the MGC and bring their friends. I think you (and a few others) miss the point. If you have more than about 5 posts on this board you will likely do all of the things I just listed. Great, we'll have 500 people at the games!!! If, on the other hand, you see that improvement and holding those that "get paid to do this stuff" accountable is the only way to get the disenfranchised alums/metroplex fans to approach even a modicum of our loyalty you understand that sitting back and going along for the ride just won't cut it. Oops, was that negative?

• Downvote 2

Says the man who encourages others to renew season tickets, join the MGC and bring their friends.

You got it...and why not? UNT is my Alma mater, and I am proud of it. Plus, I happen to think people should support their Alma maters regardless of the won-loss record of its football team. I know that's hard for some to "get", but so be it!

So....BUY SEASON TICKETS! ACTUALLY GO TO THE GAMES! JOIN THE MEAN GREEN CLUB! JOIN THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION! And, get involved and get re-connected (if you have been away) with YOUR University. You might just be surprised how it changes your opinion of what the priorities in life might just be.

• Upvote 2

You got it...and why not? UNT is my Alma mater, and I am proud of it. Plus, I happen to think people should support their Alma maters regardless of the won-loss record of its football team. I know that's hard for some to "get", but so be it!

So....BUY SEASON TICKETS! ACTUALLY GO TO THE GAMES! JOIN THE MEAN GREEN CLUB! JOIN THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION! And, get involved and get re-connected (if you have been away) with YOUR University. You might just be surprised how it changes your opinion of what the priorities in life might just be.

Emmitt and KRAM1,

First off, you are both great fans, which we badly need here. But you know, instead of this either/or argument that you both ALWAYS get into on this board, both of you could actually try something constructive and actually understand where the other is coming from in terms of each's view of UNT. I know that isn't necessarily what a message board is supposed to be about, but really you both could really do alot of good by finding common ground or just stop complaining about how "wrong" the other poster is in every thread you both post about. For example, Emmitt is right in that there should be accountability to everyone associated with the university, especially the AD. Also, KRAM is right in that we need to BADLY support the university both monetarily and in attendance, no matter who the AD or HFC is right now. Its ok to disagree, but to always try and one-up the other guy by telling the rest of us how much more correct you are is a beating. We don't need to continuously be bashed over the head about "priorities" and "head-in-the-sand" references. It works about as well as the current political state in this country--nothing ever improves, but we all get to hear how much dumber the other guy is versus me. Not very effective.

untjim

Emmitt and KRAM1,

First off, you are both great fans, which we badly need here. But you know, instead of this either/or argument that you both ALWAYS get into on this board, both of you could actually try something constructive and actually understand where the other is coming from in terms of each's view of UNT. I know that isn't necessarily what a message board is supposed to be about, but really you both could really do alot of good by finding common ground or just stop complaining about how "wrong" the other poster is in every thread you both post about. For example, Emmitt is right in that there should be accountability to everyone associated with the university, especially the AD. Also, KRAM is right in that we need to BADLY support the university both monetarily and in attendance, no matter who the AD or HFC is right now. Its ok to disagree, but to always try and one-up the other guy by telling the rest of us how much more correct you are is a beating. We don't need to continuously be bashed over the head about "priorities" and "head-in-the-sand" references. It works about as well as the current political state in this country--nothing ever improves, but we all get to hear how much dumber the other guy is versus me. Not very effective.

untjim

Edited by forevereagle
  • Upvote 2

Not to hijack here but I just gave forevereagle a reputation point for his post. You can do this by clicking the plus sign at the lower right corner. Just want to try and educate on the new board features as we go along. Carry on and GMG!

• Upvote 3

Jim Leavitt was the HFC at USF for 14 years. Leavitt was fired and Skip

Holtz from ECU was hired. I do not think Holtz retained any of Leavitt's staff. Leavitt's OC was Mike Canales last season.

If Footballscoops.com is accurate, I wonder if Canales is the guy Scoops

was hinting about?

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=859867