The Real Story ?

greeneagle69

For those interested in seeing where young Mr. James had to spend his practice sessions, follow the below link:

http://www.kcbd.com/global/Category.asp?C=...p;partnerclipid

How funny, James is looking more and more like a great big cry baby prima donna. I hope Leach sues the crap out of them.

DoubleTNation is reporting that Leach has been fired from Texas Tech

And Craig James continues his ruinous run through what used to be the SWC.

Who is next? Texas? A&M? Arkansas?

RV, get on the phone, now!!! The students have already okayed keeping our students in the closet!

It would have probably been best to suspend Adam James as well. However, I think this thing with Tech and Leach could have waited until after the bowl game. I know the Alamo Bowl is not a BCS bowl, but it is a big deal to players on both Michigan St and Tech. Instead, with Mich St's probs and Tech's, it has turned into a circus. That is not fair to the other guys on both sides who have worked hard in practice, kept their grades up, and their nose's clean. Craig James has ruined the bowl experience, in my opinion, for a lot of people besides his son. Yes, concussions are a big deal, but Leach did not put him in any harm's way as it related to the concussion. I find making a kid sit at a desk in a blizzard for 2 hours more harsh and bizarre than this, but I guess that kid does not have a famous dad with a huge sportsnetwork at his disposal.

It would have probably been best to suspend Adam James as well. However, I think this thing with Tech and Leach could have waited until after the bowl game. I know the Alamo Bowl is not a BCS bowl, but it is a big deal to players on both Michigan St and Tech. Instead, with Mich St's probs and Tech's, it has turned into a circus. That is not fair to the other guys on both sides who have worked hard in practice, kept their grades up, and their nose's clean. Craig James has ruined the bowl experience, in my opinion, for a lot of people besides his son. Yes, concussions are a big deal, but Leach did not put him in any harm's way as it related to the concussion. I find making a kid sit at a desk in a blizzard for 2 hours more harsh and bizarre than this, but I guess that kid does not have a famous dad with a huge sportsnetwork at his disposal.

Tech didn't wait until after the bowl game, they just waited until after they had sold out their entire allotment of tickets for the bowl game, thus screwing their fan base.

Gerald Myer should be fired.

Tech didn't wait until after the bowl game, they just waited until after they had sold out their entire allotment of tickets for the bowl game, thus screwing their fan base.

Gerald Myer should be fired.

I might watch this game on TV just to see how the crowd reacts. I wonder what the signs will say.

Well played, sir. But this isn't over yet...

Just wait until I get a few hours to sit down and answer you in one of the basketball threads. :ph34r:

FWIW, Dykes had 5 straight winning seasons directly before Leach arrived. It's not like he built the program out of sand. To me, Leach is a guy you add as a coordinator when you have talent equal to or just below your opponents and want to take it to the next level. I've never thought of him as a guy who could build a program, but in the smaller conferences, his offense may be enough to overwhelm most opponents.

Unfortunately, Coach lwach made a very poor decision. In today's world you simply cannot do this sort of thing...especially when you are on a bit of "thin ice" with the administration in control and with a player who happens to be the son of a nationally known, media savvy parent. Like Coach Leach or not, he is the engineer of his own demise at TT. Bad decision, and he's fired. If he is smart he'll negotiate a settlement, go on and coach elsewhere and show that he is capable of rebuilding another program like he did TT. If he drags this out through the courts and it gets messy and emabarrasing for TT, it could hurt his chances of landing another high profile coaching position anytime soon.

Man, stupid decision by Leach and he is now paying the price. When you have some high profile and influential folks gunning for your head, you don't want to give them the ammo for their guns. Leach, unfortunately, did just that! Too bad for the TT faithful.

This may well get very interesting to watch.

A good read from the Wizard of Odds: http://www.thewizofodds.com/the_wiz_of_odd...e-in-gitmo.html

I had no idea that Leach and the AD had been at odds over various issues since 2002. I still think this was just two sides ready to be done with each other, but this really fills out why.

Unfortunately, Coach lwach made a very poor decision. In today's world you simply cannot do this sort of thing...especially when you are on a bit of "thin ice" with the administration in control and with a player who happens to be the son of a nationally known, media savvy parent. Like Coach Leach or not, he is the engineer of his own demise at TT. Bad decision, and he's fired. If he is smart he'll negotiate a settlement, go on and coach elsewhere and show that he is capable of rebuilding another program like he did TT. If he drags this out through the courts and it gets messy and emabarrasing for TT, it could hurt his chances of landing another high profile coaching position anytime soon.

Man, stupid decision by Leach and he is now paying the price. When you have some high profile and influential folks gunning for your head, you don't want to give them the ammo for their guns. Leach, unfortunately, did just that! Too bad for the TT faithful.

Been paying close attention to the situation much?

Kram, you really need some more info on this. Try clicking the link I posted which shows the "closet" and "shed" that po liddle baby James was made to stand.

How horrible that a coach actually made a player stand up fro 2 hours!! Man, what terrible abuse!!

Am I the only one out there that thinks this is just sweet justice to a guy that seemed like an a jerk and a class of fans that are were voted EASILY as the worst fans in the Big XII? The next closest "worst fanbase" was like half of what Tech got, according to that SI poll from a few weeks ago. And Leach may have seemed "witty" to a lot of people, but he seemed more like an arrogant SOB to me. To me, this is a sweet day. I just can't stand them. From goalpost taunting to rushing the field BEFORE a game is over, their fanbase just seems really dumb--maybe that's why they are always called Tards on other boards.

Am I the only one out there that thinks this is just sweet justice to a guy that seemed like an a jerk and a class of fans that are were voted EASILY as the worst fans in the Big XII? The next closest "worst fanbase" was like half of what Tech got, according to that SI poll from a few weeks ago. And Leach may have seemed "witty" to a lot of people, but he seemed more like an arrogant SOB to me. To me, this is a sweet day. I just can't stand them. From goalpost taunting to rushing the field BEFORE a game is over, their fanbase just seems really dumb--maybe that's why they are always called Tards on other boards.

So it turns out you don't have to be a nice guy to win football games. Unless you're being mean to Craig James' son.

So it turns out you don't have to be a nice guy to win football games. Unless you're being mean to Craig James' son.

If this had involved any other player than crybaby James it would not even be news. Imagine if you are a player on the TT team and "big Daddy" crooked Craig has muscled all his ESPN clout to sway the school to dismiss the coach that made TT a winner just so he can secure a hardship transfer to SMU now that JJ is taking them to the big time. How can James even represent college football on ESPN proven crook that he is, much less cost a coach his job? Craig James --you always made me sick that you never sufferred for being on the take from Day 1 and helped to destroy the SWC. I say let ESPN know that you don't appreciate Craig James representing college football on their network. Give ESPN viewers a real football analyst not some "pretty boy crook". It makes me sick hearing him call the Nebraska romp in the Holiday Bowl. The only thing that makes sense is dropping him from calling the Alamo Bowl. This arrogant SMU $$$$ express ass needs to be canned as he takes down yet another program.

I think you are missing what many of the TT students have already confirmed is that Leach likes his injured players near the team during practice to stay part of the team. Evidently James could not stay outside for the sun was hurting his slight concussion or less. He was not trying to force him to practice as implied by the dangerous health concerns. So he was taken inside. I think the point of the problem was the sunglasses and the excuses to not be near the team.

I don't take TT's decision to mean much either way, he was suspended with pay, and last year he had a very strained to say the least relationship with the school over his contract. With a concussion and the press, TT giving Leach a suspension was just a reaction at this point. One that may get them sued.

To me this one really sounds that of a spoiled kiddo so far.

Why are sunglasses on the sideline a big problem? Is the future not so bright?