The Real Story ?

greeneagle69

Why are sunglasses on the sideline a big problem? Is the future not so bright?

Well not in the tiny electrical closet, I wish my closets were as large as that closet/media room, still not bright in there. The james kid whimpered he needed a darker setting and Leach complied.

Size of the "closet" is not the issue. If you don't believe that you have not been paying attention to the environment surrounding this sort of thing today. "In my day, this would have been considered no big deal at all", but then, in my day, not everyone got a trophy for just showing up, and the PC crowd had not taken over the world. Try simply disciplining an employee these days at work and see what hoops you have to go through and how HR can jump your case for nothing. Universities Are super sensitive to this stuff these days...if you do not know that, you are either from outer space or simply not paying attention. Also, Leach could sill be the TT head coach, but he let his well publicized super-sized ego get in the way. Leach gave TT the opening they were looking for...yes, I checked out the link and yes, I have been paying as much attention as I wanted to the issue. It is no big deal to me either way...I could care less about Leach and TT, but just think the whole thing got way out of hand...much due to Leach's doing. It is what it is for TT.

If James is so much in the wrong as some of you want to indicate, why have some others players come to his defense and have started talking about how Leach treated his players? You may recall that a certain head coach in Kansas recently got canned for "player abuse" with a finger jab and some four letter words. It ain't your grandfather's environment out there any longer folks.....

If James is so much in the wrong as some of you want to indicate, why have some others players come to his defense and have started talking about how Leach treated his players? You may recall that a certain head coach in Kansas recently got canned for "player abuse" with a finger jab and some four letter words. It ain't your grandfather's environment out there any longer folks.....

Where have you seen this, because I have seen quite the opposite. Almost everyone coming to Leach's aid? Do you have a link where more then one player, or former player is supporting James, I found pages and pages of players supporting Leach and describing James as a soft, lazy, slacker who had a sense of entitlement because of his dad.

Where have you seen this, because I have seen quite the opposite. Almost everyone coming to Leach's aid? Do you have a link where more then one player, or former player is supporting James, I found pages and pages of players supporting Leach and describing James as a soft, lazy, slacker who had a sense of entitlement because of his dad.

You need to read more. I am netrual on Leach, however I am somewhat astounded by the venom toward the James'. It is obvious to most that Leach was trying to embarass Adam James, a truely stupid move no matter what the player did or did not do. As to the elder James, there are not many parents who would not have been very upset at the threatment of their child.

You need to read more. I am netrual on Leach, however I am somewhat astounded by the venom toward the James'. It is obvious to most that Leach was trying to embarass Adam James, a truely stupid move no matter what the player did or did not do. As to the elder James, there are not many parents who would not have been very upset at the threatment of their child.

Again all I have seen it the stuff supporting Leach, where is the stuff supporting James?

I am in the Seattle area for the holidays...I cannot believe you have not heard the stories from the players...one was quoted as saying that all was calm and happy at the bowl practices BECAUSE LEACH WAS NOT THERE...In the Seattle paper today I quote wide receiver Tramain Swindall..."I do agree and I am supporting Adam and what he's doing because it's the right thing to do." The paper states that Swindall went on to say that Leach was at times out of line in how he treated players...they then quote him again as saying..."It wasn't all about Adam. It was always a negative vibe". Sorry you haven't kept up with all this and that you need others to find you the player quotes...I didn't know I needed to keep the papers to help you with the current news...just kidding a bit KingDL, but if you think all the players are siding with Leach and think James is a cry baby, you simply have not been keeping up with the news.

Hang in there and keep reading, there were other player comments yesterday and the day before in the Seattle area news and on ESPN broadcasts. I would image the Dallas News has the quotes as well...let me tell you The Dallas Morning News sports coverage is 1000% better than the Seattle Times. The news makes the Seattle Times look like the Denton Record Chronicle. Ha!

GO MEAN GREEN....sorry for all the TT fans and players, but this is going to get messy as Leach's ego seems out of control...had a chance to keep his job and stay as TT head coach, but lost it all when he decided to sue the university and take the insubordination route. STUPID MOVE on his part...in my opinion.

I am in the Seattle area for the holidays...I cannot believe you have not heard the stories from the players...one was quoted as saying that all was calm and happy at the bowl practices BECAUSE LEACH WAS NOT THERE...In the Seattle paper today I quote wide receiver Tramain Swindall..."I do agree and I am supporting Adam and what he's doing because it's the right thing to do." The paper states that Swindall went on to say that Leach was at times out of line in how he treated players...they then quote him again as saying..."It wasn't all about Adam. It was always a negative vibe". Sorry you haven't kept up with all this and that you need others to find you the player quotes...I didn't know I needed to keep the papers to help you with the current news...just kidding a bit KingDL, but if you think all the players are siding with Leach and think James is a cry baby, you simply have not been keeping up with the news.

Hang in there and keep reading, there were other player comments yesterday and the day before in the Seattle area news and on ESPN broadcasts. I would image the Dallas News has the quotes as well...let me tell you The Dallas Morning News sports coverage is 1000% better than the Seattle Times. The news makes the Seattle Times look like the Denton Record Chronicle. Ha!

GO MEAN GREEN....sorry for all the TT fans and players, but this is going to get messy as Leach's ego seems out of control...had a chance to keep his job and stay as TT head coach, but lost it all when he decided to sue the university and take the insubordination route. STUPID MOVE on his part...in my opinion.

Not one and I just read through another 6 stories I had not read. Buddy I have now read well over fifty stories on this and all I asked for was a link. One player siding with Adam is pretty thin. I can get you the links of tons of stories supporting Leach with lots of current players, coaches and former players wrote testimonies supporting Leach. I even saw one or two where the reporter remembers how big a problem the coaching staff was having with Adam long before the incident, maybe you should read more then one article. Links please?

Still there was no punishment and there was no push to hurt an injured player, injured players are expected to be with the team during practice if possible, Adam was cleared by his doctor, and then he complained about the light so he was moved to a dark room. So what? Leach was not playing doctor or putting the kid at any risk. There was no situation, just unbelievable, Leach has no, zero, history of abuse with his athletes. I hope Leach sues the hell out of everyone involved especially the James family.

No clue how to do links...check out the Seattle paper if you think I mis-quoted anything. Seems that not all players support Leach. Sorry, it's just a fact. Now, as for me...;I really dopn't care one way or the other...I just think Leach screwed up BIG TIME and now his much publicized ego has gotten in the way, and the thing is going to explode before it's over...not good for anyone. I am sorry for the TT fans, but personally could care less. It has NO IMPACT on the Mean Green, and that's what's important to me.

GO MEAN GREEN!

No clue how to do links...check out the Seattle paper if you think I mis-quoted anything. Seems that not all players support Leach. Sorry, it's just a fact. Now, as for me...;I really dopn't care one way or the other...I just think Leach screwed up BIG TIME and now his much publicized ego has gotten in the way, and the thing is going to explode before it's over...not good for anyone. I am sorry for the TT fans, but personally could care less. It has NO IMPACT on the Mean Green, and that's what's important to me.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I am worried about the disgruntled kid that claims abuse with any coach, just because he is mad about something else. Should a coach have to walk on eggshells around the student athletes he is trying to mold and coach? What is next, are running suicides in the summer abusive? It also may impact us, could Leach be our next Coach? Will our recruiting have a bonus this year with the fall out at Tech?

James is a crybaby. This has nothing to do with James. Tech wanted Leach gone and James was the excuse. If you tell a coach he cant even make a player stand in a low light room for an hour, you are ensuring that the inmates will run the asylum. This was such a mild punishment, it wasn't even funny. Norm was talking some nonsense about false imprisonment. For their to be false imprisonment, the person confined has to have no choice in the matter. Adam James had a choice. He could have said "I'm out of here" and left the team. He didn't. He stood in the room, and then ran crying to his cheating daddy (didn't even have the courage to file the complaint himself).

Imagine if he had said "i'm out of here", not stood in the room, been kicked off the team, and then filed the complaint that Coach Leach was trying to over-discpline him by making him stand in the room. He would have been laughed out of the AD's office, unless said AD hated the current head coach.

I wish Coach Leach the best, admire him for having the courage to stand up to an obvious power play be Tech to remove him from the head coaching position, and hope he sues the hell out of Tech, wins his suit, and then, not needing money, accepts the position of head football coach at UNT!

A man can dream.