Thanks, Janet & Justin

The Who will perform at the Super Bowl This makes 6 straight tired old bands/performers dug up by Don Mischer Productions to play the halftime show since Boob-Gate.

Paul McCartney

The Rolling Stones

Prince

Tom Petty

Bruce Springsteen

The Who

There hasn't been a good halftime show since U2 performed in 2002 with their 9/11 tribute. I might be more entertained if they went back to the day when the Disney Band and Dancers performed "Up With People" (4 times).

Hopefully the game will be good.

The Who will perform at the Super Bowl This makes 6 straight tired old bands/performers dug up by Don Mischer Productions to play the halftime show since Boob-Gate.

Paul McCartney

The Rolling Stones

Prince

Tom Petty

Bruce Springsteen

The Who

There hasn't been a good halftime show since U2 performed in 2002 with their 9/11 tribute. I might be more entertained if they went back to the day when the Disney Band and Dancers performed "Up With People" (4 times).

I was annoyed by this last year when I had to watch Springsteen's fossilized crotch sliding across the stage into the camera.

Thinking it over, though, it isn't the easiest thing in the world to come up with a modern band with enough clean songs and potential broad appeal that fits the halftime show better. The best idea I could come up with was The Strokes, because they were supposed to have an album due this winter that it would make sense to promote.

As much as I hate the Denny's Early Bird Special Geriatric Halftime Show... I can see why they keep scheduling it that way. Also, this year's game is on CBS, and half their shows use songs by The Who as their theme music.

I can let it slide for one more year if the entire band puts on or takes off sunglasses when they start playing "Won't Get Fooled Again".

Edited by TheTastyGreek

Paul McCartney

The Rolling Stones

Prince

Tom Petty

Bruce Springsteen

The Who

Prince wasn't too bad regarding his performance. Still, there hasn't been a good half time performance for the Superbowl in a long, long time.

I vote for REM.

Hey, who the hell is Daughtry? Are they some new popular group?

I wouldn't call them new as they just put out a second album this past summer. They are an alternative rock band.

Edited by UNTFan23

I vote for REM.

Hey, who the hell is Daughtry? Are they some new popular group? They performed at the half of the Cowboys game. I wasn't impressed.

i second the REM vote....they would be awesome! especially if they play there older stuff!

Edited by bstnsportsfan3

The overarching theme of this thread, "I'm so sick and tired of these safe/old bands playing the Halftime Show. Lets replace them with some different tired/safe bands that I've got on my Ipod!!" Great Ideas!

I'm actually perfectly content with a halftime set of Teenage Wastland, Fooled Again, Wizzard, and a Happy Jack finale. Look... halftime shows suck, its what they do. Get up, drink a couple beers, eat something, go to the restroom, or smoke a cigarette if you're so inclined.... Why are you people watching halftime shows?!!??

The overarching theme of this thread, "I'm so sick and tired of these safe/old bands playing the Halftime Show. Lets replace them with some different tired/safe bands that I've got on my Ipod!!" Great Ideas!

I'm actually perfectly content with a halftime set of Teenage Wastland, Fooled Again, Wizzard, and a Happy Jack finale. Look... halftime shows suck, its what they do. Get up, drink a couple beers, eat something, go to the restroom, or smoke a cigarette if you're so inclined.... Why are you people watching halftime shows?!!??

Good Question, I have never watched one yet. Only what is shown as highlights on the news.