How Bout Now?

emmitt01

Our supposed savior has 9 Turnovers in 2 games. Will he get benched?

hell no! he's the coach's son!

but i'm not missing a game from here on out! don't care how frustrating it gets! it's our team and they are worknig their asses off!

Edited by radiogreen

i would love to say i didnt see this coming...up 10 with a quarter to go...u can call it hindsight bias all you want...but i truly believed we would FIND a way to lose this game. BC we go conservative on offense...going away from everything we do well and get predictable and pathetic. this is comical. There are so many different things u can say at this point...but i feel like our performance(s) say more than words ever could--year 3. same mistakes...+more mistakes...when will enough be enough?

This qb is our future. Put him in there and give him the experience he needs. It will reward the team in the long run. Don't see how you can compare Romo and Riley Dodge. Two different classifications and at two different points in their careers. I am on board with Riley and think he and Coach will do great things with this bunch.

Go Mean Green

All I know is, Riley is an incredible redshirt freshman quarterback. And, the "savior" comments are dreamed up in your heads...and not in the heads of our Head Coach or Quarterback.

I can't beleve we will have 3 more years of this awesome talent leading the Mean Green.

Y'all will ALL change your minds! Everyone is free to rant gang. I don't want to take it away from ya....it's just that y'all are so wrong!

All I know is, Riley is an incredible redshirt freshman quarterback. And, the "savior" comments are dreamed up in your heads...and not in the heads of our Head Coach or Quarterback.

I can't beleve we will have 3 more years of this awesome talent leading the Mean Green.

Y'all will ALL change your minds! Everyone is free to rant gang. I don't want to take it away from ya....it's just that y'all are so wrong!

I have no idea how he will turn out as a QB here, understand the original argument and also think it is too eary just yet to compare him to Romo, but at this point right now, the only thing people have to go on is numbers and right now his numbers are pretty bad. Yes he is very young and this is his first season as a full time QB, but if you just go on sheer numbers it is hard to argue. Anyone know what Vizza's numbers were at this point of his first year (I am too lazy to look them up)?

Nevermind, Tasty taught me well - I looked it up. If I have them right here they are:

Vizza 63 of 124 for 827 yards with 7 INT's and 5 Passing TD's and 118 yards rushing. 1-3 as a starter in first 4 games.

Riley 94 of 145 for 850 yards with 7 INT's and 2 Passing TD's and 188 yards rushing. 1-3 as a starter in first 4 games.

For those who thought Riley would come and pick up where Vizza left off because "he grew up" with the offense, these numbers don't prove that all.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

i think a more accurate comparison is the cowboys and nt. the quarterbacks both hurt and help the team and the defenses that are supposed to be the strength of the team can't stop the most critical drives of the game.

if anyone thinks tune would have this offense running better, your nuts. this offense needs a threat to run at qb and he can't give us that, i think baine makes a better argument. tune is no statue, but he would have been sacked 6-8 times against mtsu had he been playing. these turnovers are hurting our chances of winning, but they can be corrected. you can't teach someone to have ability and riley has the ability.

i think a more accurate comparison is the cowboys and nt. the quarterbacks both hurt and help the team and the defenses that are supposed to be the strength of the team can't stop the most critical drives of the game.

if anyone thinks tune would have this offense running better, your nuts. this offense needs a threat to run at qb and he can't give us that, i think baine makes a better argument. tune is no statue, but he would have been sacked 6-8 times against mtsu had he been playing. these turnovers are hurting our chances of winning, but they can be corrected. you can't teach someone to have ability and riley has the ability.

That is the troubling issue, we had a bye week and the same errors were made byt the team from studid bone head penalties at critical times and the QB pressing passes and having butter fingers, leading to 10 points.