The "caw Caw" Scream

stebo

to caw or not to caw, that is the question that I ask of thee. I don't caw but I have been known to yell "@#%$ you stupid #$%$# you and your momma both #$%^$% you fat #$%^%.

Actually, I like to make the albino squirrel screech, the sound a squirrel makes when an eagle is strangling it in its talons while plucking meat out of its body while it's still alive.

Edited by GreenMachine

During Freshman orientation, I practiced running down on the field and devouring a live raccoon or rabbit (whichever was available) with my bare hands and teeth. It's a messy but appropriate celebration ritual.

I am serious about keeping it real, eagle style.

As do I. As does everyone. I doubt very seriously there has been anyone that has visited UNT and said "My God, these idiots are making the sound of a crow. haHA. haHA." It's fun. If we were 3-1, this thread wouldn't exist.

Me too...at first it was just something fun to do at the game with my friends, but I like that its turned into a rallying caw for some.

the 'caw' is very annoying. why don't mean green fans just always carry a cold green bean in their pocket and instead of giving someone a 'caw' pelt them with the green bean instead. i'd much rather be hit with a cold green bean than given the 'caw.'

Brilliant!! Who needs tortillas....someone already has marshmallows, but no one has green beans. It could be ours and ours alone. Now we just have to decide, whole, cut or french style? With whole green beans, they have to be in season, but I bet you can get at least 3, 4 or more tosses out of a whole green bean before it's destroyed. You may get a seconday toss out of a cut green bean, but french style are strictly single use IMHO. Cut and french style would be available year round as frozen (only fully thawed should be utilized) or canned (to be taken out of the can prior to use), so that's a plus. The canned, while slighty messier than the frozen are probably a little safer. Decisions, decisions.

Keith

Guest JohnDenver

Brilliant!! Who needs tortillas....someone already has marshmallows, but no one has green beans. It could be ours and ours alone. Now we just have to decide, whole, cut or french style? With whole green beans, they have to be in season, but I bet you can get at least 3, 4 or more tosses out of a whole green bean before it's destroyed. You may get a seconday toss out of a cut green bean, but french style are strictly single use IMHO. Cut and french style would be available year round as frozen (only fully thawed should be utilized) or canned (to be taken out of the can prior to use), so that's a plus. The canned, while slighty messier than the frozen are probably a little safer. Decisions, decisions.

Keith

Wasabi Peas.

Wasabi Peas.

They make an excellent crusting for ahi tuna steaks...make a marinade of soy sauce, honey, ginger paste and sesame oil for the tuna, let it marinade for about an hour.

Crush the wasabi peas either in your food processor for 5 seconds or so...or with some good 'ole American elbow grease...then spread out on a plate or other flat surface...take your tuna steaks out, and cover both sides with crushed peas.

Grill (preferred) or sautee for ~30 seconds on each side...careful b/c the peas will burn if over-cooked...until you have the ideal 1/4 cooked, 1/2 raw, 1/4 cooked ratio.

Enjoy with soba noodles and miso mushrooms.

My girlfriend dragged me to a wedding this weekend so i had to miss the game. ( i gave her hell the ENTIRE TIME) but the point is I had my friend text me updates and everytime the mean green scored i raised my eagle claw and yelled CAWWWWWWWWW. everyone at the reception looked at me like i was an idiot. Out of the 100's that looked, about 30 asked me what the hell I was doing. I gladly explained, and thanks to that scream 30 more people know who the UNT mean green are. So if anything, the scream has added fans and will be what turns this program around! okay maybe not, but at least a few more people in western kansas know who we are when they see us on the K State schedule next year.

As for the people who use the "caw" to mock the team, next time just point them in the direction of the nearest coffee shop where they can listen to their crappy indie music and talk about how cool they are for not liking their schools football team.

All the money in my bank account says you didn't get laid that night...

I've gotta tell ya...I have no idea what y'all are talking about. I have never heard this "caw" you speak of. I sit in upper D and the only thing anybody ever hears there is the lady behind us that constantly yells "Go North Texas...Go North Texas...Go!... Go!".

I've gotta tell ya...I have no idea what y'all are talking about. I have never heard this "caw" you speak of. I sit in upper D and the only thing anybody ever hears there is the lady behind us that constantly yells "Go North Texas...Go North Texas...Go!... Go!".

I, too am clueless. Perhaps someone can attach a wav file so when we hear it

we can recognize it.

The Caw Caw is a time tested tradition. It has been around since 1995, maybe even earlier than that. Why do we want to kill our traditions? Next thing you know people will be telling me they've banned throwing tortillas on the field.

What no Tortillas?

Damn kill joys!

I think that is exactly what the team needs to get motivated.

Tortilla Power!!!!!

We had it for the bowl years...

I'm pissed off that we are still in the SBC... ;)

Im pissed off that you are pissed off

That would be Vicky O