Fouts Field Catches On Fire....

After the performance of the Denton Fireworks Show, which was the best ever. Two small fires started on the student section of the stadium and burned for a couple of minutes. The announcer said that the fire department was made aware of the situation and I saw a couple of firefighters rush up and douse the flames. The announcer then goes on to say that WE NEED A NEW STADIUM ANYWAYS, to the crowds cheers and applause.

Always thought the best chance for Fouts to go out of commission was something catching on fire during the fireworks show.

Also a side note: Did anyone catch that massive grass fire that was north of Denton, me and some friends came back from shooting fireworks in Sanger at around midnight, when we saw this quarter mile fire close to the factory stores north of Denton. This thing was huge and wasnt the least bit contained.

Edited by UNT_playmaker

After the performance of the Denton Fireworks Show, which was the best ever. Two small fires started on the student section of the stadium and burned for a couple of minutes. The announcer said that the fire department was made aware of the situation and I saw a couple of firefighters rush up and douse the flames. The announcer then goes on to say that WE NEED A NEW STADIUM ANYWAYS, to the crowds cheers and applause.

Always thought the best chance for Fouts to go out of commission was something catching on fire during the fireworks show.

Considering Fouts is 99.999999% concrete, it will take more than a small fire to do any real damage to the stadium. BTW, are you certain people were cheering for the new stadium?

Also a side note: Did anyone catch that massive grass fire that was north of Denton, me and some friends came back from shooting fireworks in Sanger at around midnight, when we saw this quarter mile fire close to the factory stores north of Denton. This thing was huge and wasnt the least bit contained.

... which was most likely started by some idiot(s) playing with fireworks.

Hahaha. Burn. Next years bonfire should be at fouts.

Considering Fouts is 99.999999% concrete, it will take more than a small fire to do any real damage to the stadium. BTW, are you certain people were cheering for the new stadium?

... which was most likely started by some idiot(s) playing with fireworks.

Yes people were cheering and applauding what the announcer said which was " We needed a new stadium anyways "

Believe it or not the residents of Denton are not fond of Fouts Field. They have a DISD Stadium which is alot nicer.

BURN BABY BURN!!!!!

Who was the announcer ? Was it Hank ?

That is why I left it at just the announcer, I couldnt tell who's voice that was, my bet was George Dunham....But I know he doesnt live in Denton so I didnt see him coming up

He also said in the end that if we had the crowd that we had last night that UNT would win alot more football games.

According to the DRC there was over 50,000 people around Fouts Field last night.

Burn baby burn!!!

Now that would be a 4th to remeber.

That is why I left it at just the announcer, I couldnt tell who's voice that was, my bet was George Dunham....But I know he doesnt live in Denton so I didnt see him coming up

He also said in the end that if we had the crowd that we had last night that UNT would win alot more football games.

According to the DRC there was over 50,000 people around Fouts Field last night.

---50,000....... I wish we could get them to enter the stadium on game days....