Athletic Fee Passes Legislature!

UNTflyer

Great, but what happens if the courier gets hit on the way to the Governors office and the bill gets dirty and has to be redone or what happens if the governors offices can't find a pen to sign the bill does that mean we have to start this process all over...ground still hasn't been broken! ;)

***** THINGS ARE ROCKIN FOR THE MEAN GREEN!!! *****

Let's Give a Cheer for U of NT,

Cheer for the Green and White,

Victory's in store, whatever the score,

Our team will ever Fight! Fight! Fight!,

Shoulder to shoulder we march along,

Striving for Vict-or-y.

Playing the game for the honor and fame and

Glory of U.N.T.!!!!!!

U!.....N!....T!....Eagles!....U.N.T. Eagles Fight! Fight! Fight!!!!!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I think the next step is for Governor Goodhair to sign the bill. There is no reason why he would not do it, but then one never knows with him. After that, I believe the College Coordinating Board must give its blessing. That is not a rubber stamp group. A knowledgeable fan told me that they held up the Aggies basketball arena for a year. That cost the Aggies a bunch of money and caused them to have to play another season in their old gym. Let's hope that both those steps get done quickly so that dirt can get moved.

I think the next step is for Governor Goodhair to sign the bill. There is no reason why he would not do it, but then one never knows with him. After that, I believe the College Coordinating Board must give its blessing. That is not a rubber stamp group. A knowledgeable fan told me that they held up the Aggies basketball arena for a year. That cost the Aggies a bunch of money and caused them to have to play another season in their old gym. Let's hope that both those steps get done quickly so that dirt can get moved.

I believe the bill has already been blessed by the state higher education committee so I think that's a go. I think the bonding for the project would have to be approved by the UNT BOR and the State Coordinating Board but that again should be just a quick signoff from what others have said.

Let's Give a Cheer for U of NT,

Cheer for the Green and White,

Victory's in store, whatever the score,

Our team will ever Fight! Fight! Fight!,

Shoulder to shoulder we march along,

Striving for Vict-or-y.

Playing the game for the honor and fame and

Glory of U.N.T.!!!!!!

U!.....N!....T!....Eagles!....U.N.T. Eagles Fight! Fight! Fight!!!!!

Rick

I'll never forget the last line of this the first time I heard it....it was at Texas Stadium for an f-ball game against us. I was probably in 6th grade....except it was

N....T.....S.....U.....NTSU FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. Although Texas Stadium had more empty seats for that game than full seats, there were enough of you grouped together to make it sound pretty impressive in the contained, loud space of that stadium. The beat of the music was perfect for NTSU.

Adios, MoFo...

Now, because this passed by 2/3 majority, it goes into effect automatically after gov's signature instead of having to wait till Sept. 1, correct? This is what the 2/3 thing was about, right?

That's just a matter of when the law becomes effective. The fee can't start until the stadium is finished.

Got this word tonight from a fellow poster:

The first game in the new stadium in 2011...Kansas State. They are supposed to come here in 2010....but apparently (and rightly so)...we've asked them to move that back a year.

That, if it happens would be a great opening game, as Kansas State "travels really well"...as they say.

Edited by SUMG

The first game in the new stadium in 2011...Kansas State. They are supposed to come here in 2010....but apparently (and rightly so)...we've asked them to move that back a year.

That, if it happens would be a great opening game, as Kansas State "travels really well"...as they say.

That would be excellent. Sellout for first game? :)

As of now K-State opens their 2011 schedule at home against Oregon, then shows two TBA games. I wish we had them for the season opener for both schools. BTW, they play at ULL this season, second week.

Edited by NT80

Sure would be nice if Coach Deloach had our defense back up top where it belongs about that time?

It's happened before. No reason it can't happen again.

Rick

You would not believe the alumni that K-St has in the DFW area. I wish someone could find a #. I so hope this is true because it makes sense, it would be a sell out for sure and we should expect the biggest crowd ever for a UNT home game.