Your 1st Place Texas Rangers

Who takes his place on a regular basis that has even close to the defense?

Let us not forget that Hank Blalock was a very above average defensive 3rdbaseman, the transition is not that great. If anything it's a less taxing position physically. Also Hank has a higher OBP and won't strike out as much.

Can the Rangers afford to upset loyal fans?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30995930

Yes, if they deem their behavior uncalled for. I wouldn't want my 8 year old reading her shirt and there's no reason to lower our fanbase to the Yankee's. That's how their fans behave up there. No place for it here.

And by the way, what the Rangers did to this woman doesn't even come close to being in the same "Ball Park" compared to what they did to Greenbat several years ago when the stadium was brand new. I'll let him tell the story if he cares to or not, but Greenbat could have sued their asses off over it but showed much better quality of integrety than most by not turning what happened to him into a self promotion like this stupid woman is. I was there that night along with one other NT Alumnus and thinking back on it I'm still pissed off about it. Man, I nearly got arrested over that crap, I was so freaking furious. And it was little surprise that they ended up kissing GB's ass as he left out the door because they knew one of their own had screwed up royally.

I'm still very hot about that night. :angry:

Rick

Yes, if they deem their behavior uncalled for. I wouldn't want my 8 year old reading her shirt and there's no reason to lower our fanbase to the Yankee's. That's how their fans behave up there. No place for it here.

I agree with the woman that the Rangers organization needs to clarify what is deemed "profane."

We live in such a hyper-sensitive world anymore.

Brandon McCarthy is leading the AL's best team in wins....didn't think I would be saying that at ony point this season. Good times. Millwood goes up against Dallas Braden today, Braden shut Texas down at their place earlier this season. A 4 game sweep would be nice before a bear of a roadtrip to NY and Fenway.

Seems they were very clear on this in that T shirts that say the opposing team SUCKS is profane.

Rick

Well, yes when you got there it was clear, but if you read the Fan Code of Conduct it's not so black and white.

# Any person wearing clothing with language, graphics, or revealing parts of their body that may be offensive to another guest may be denied entry into the stadium, or ejected from the stadium without refund.

May be offensive makes it strictly a judgment call. What's offensive to one person isn't offensive to another. Seems to the woman that "<insert opposing team name here> SUCKS" wasn't offensive to her. Maybe she should have gotten a shirt that said something more along the lines of "<insert opposing team name here> INHALE PROFUSELY."

Like I said, we live in a hyper-sensitive world these days and the instant someone is offended, we roll in a set of rules to make a small group of people happy. It's a lot like how atheists want to take out "under God" off our money and pledge of allegiance because they feel it's offensive to reference God when they don't believe in God. Should we do what they want just to make that particular group happy?

So if I was offended by another fan's A-Rod Yankees jersey I could have that person removed?

If you can convince one of the attendants you are truly and deeply offended by a Yankees jersey, I'd say they have to enforce the rules they have set forth for fans to abide by, which would mean ejection from the stadium. I think you face an uphill battle on getting that ejection though.

OK, basball experts out there...GreenGuyBass, GreenBat, etc. The Rangers play their next thirteen (13) games against teams with winning records and several "on the road"...I really don't know how many road games in the next thirteen...but they do go to NY (Yankees) and Boston...they also play the Jays and the Dodgers. This stretch seems to me to be fairly significant for how the team will fare the rest of the year, but since there are so very many many games in a season, i thought I'd ask the experts two things...anyone please:

1) How many will the Rangers win out of the next 13? and

2) How significant is this thirteen game stretch?

OK, basball experts out there...GreenGuyBass, GreenBat, etc. The Rangers play their next thirteen (13) games against teams with winning records and several "on the road"...I really don't know how many road games in the next thirteen...but they do go to NY (Yankees) and Boston...they also play the Jays and the Dodgers. This stretch seems to me to be fairly significant for how the team will fare the rest of the year, but since there are so very many many games in a season, i thought I'd ask the experts two things...anyone please:

1) How many will the Rangers win out of the next 13? and

2) How significant is this thirteen game stretch?

6 on the road...3 vs. NYY, 3 vs. Bos (be at the game Sunday)...7 at home...4 vs. Tor, 3 vs. LAD.

1. 7-6 would be a very successful stretch.

2. Moderatly...0-13 would be disasterous, but their next 12 are against rather mediocre compitition (Hou, SF, Ari, SD)...6 home, 6 away. 15-18 wins in their next 25 is very likely and should keep them ahead of the Angels when they come to town at the end of the month

Only one...where's GreenGuyBass and Green bat??? Come on you baseball folks...give this some thought and let's hear from you guys. CBL...good input...I, too, think 7-6 would be excellent in the next 13, but come on you baseball folks....where are you? Do I need to say something about soccer to get a response out of you? :lol::lol:

6 on the road...3 vs. NYY, 3 vs. Bos (be at the game Sunday)...7 at home...4 vs. Tor, 3 vs. LAD.

1. 7-6 would be a very successful stretch.

2. Moderatly...0-13 would be disasterous, but their next 12 are against rather mediocre compitition (Hou, SF, Ari, SD)...6 home, 6 away. 15-18 wins in their next 25 is very likely and should keep them ahead of the Angels when they come to town at the end of the month

I agree with CBL, we need to be above .500 in that difficult stretch to call it a success, we do need to remember that the Rangers are still not a good team, they are playing like one, but until they prove themselves against real competition, like these upcoming games, they are not a good team.

But I think that is the way it is with good teams, .500 against good competition and .700 agains bad competition, that will make a superior record by the end of the year. Also at this point our only competition in the West is going to be the Angels, and the will be coming up fast if we start to falter.

Kram,

I agree with CBL's assestment and saw no need to waste my valuable time repeating the same thing. But I'm not a conservative, so I don't believe in wasting time.

Only one...where's GreenGuyBass and Green bat??? Come on you baseball folks...give this some thought and let's hear from you guys. CBL...good input...I, too, think 7-6 would be excellent in the next 13, but come on you baseball folks....where are you? Do I need to say something about soccer to get a response out of you? :lol::lol:

Sorry. Golf took priority this morning and afternoon. By the way, the Twin Creeks course in Allen. Excellent place to play. I would be happy with a game over or under .500 over their next 13, especially with a 4 and a half game lead, and I think the Angels have a few tough series too. The toughest games against NY and Boston are coming up and all on the road. Padilla is back tonight from the DL against the most potent lineup in baseball. I am not sure what to expect from him or our offense in that hitter friendly new Yankee stadium. The bats have been not that great away from the ballpark, but the pitching has been very solid. I am not sure the rotation can keep the ERA under 4 over the next 6. But hey, they have been overachieving all season.

Josh Hamilton was DL'd today with a sports hernia which sucks, but I do like what Byrd has been doing of late with the bat. Hopefully with josh out and Davis on the bench, or maybe on the way to the minors guys like Byrd, Murphy, and Jones will get more regular at bats. Honestly the offense doesn't need another power hitter, they need more guys that will make contact, draw walks, and make the opposing starter work more. This team is way too aggressive, that is the downside of Rudy Jaramillo.

At 10 games over .500 to begin June, if they play 5 games over .500 the rest of the way they will be in the thick of a playoff race, and that would be awesome whatever happens.

Hope that is adequate. And now to the shower and then the tube for a big night of Rangers Baseball.

Kram,

I agree with CBL's assestment and saw no need to waste my valuable time repeating the same thing. But I'm not a conservative, so I don't believe in wasting time.

Your time is valuable????? Give me a break. I've read some of your stuff. You are such a baseball guy, I actually wanted to see your opinion. What was I thinking? Should never have thought you would responded in a positive manner. Sorry to have awakened you from your slumber. "Valuable time"...now that is priceless. :lol:

Sorry. Golf took priority this morning and afternoon. By the way, the Twin Creeks course in Allen. Excellent place to play. I would be happy with a game over or under .500 over their next 13, especially with a 4 and a half game lead, and I think the Angels have a few tough series too. The toughest games against NY and Boston are coming up and all on the road. Padilla is back tonight from the DL against the most potent lineup in baseball. I am not sure what to expect from him or our offense in that hitter friendly new Yankee stadium. The bats have been not that great away from the ballpark, but the pitching has been very solid. I am not sure the rotation can keep the ERA under 4 over the next 6. But hey, they have been overachieving all season.

Josh Hamilton was DL'd today with a sports hernia which sucks, but I do like what Byrd has been doing of late with the bat. Hopefully with josh out and Davis on the bench, or maybe on the way to the minors guys like Byrd, Murphy, and Jones will get more regular at bats. Honestly the offense doesn't need another power hitter, they need more guys that will make contact, draw walks, and make the opposing starter work more. This team is way too aggressive, that is the downside of Rudy Jaramillo.

At 10 games over .500 to begin June, if they play 5 games over .500 the rest of the way they will be in the thick of a playoff race, and that would be awesome whatever happens.

Hope that is adequate. And now to the shower and then the tube for a big night of Rangers Baseball.

Props to you for the reply...just what i was looking for...some thoughtful, positive insight from a "baseball guy" about the current situation the Rangers find themselves in with a tough 13 game stretch against teams with winning records. Much appreciate the reply and insight. Tough "slaughter" last night to open the 13 games, but I still think 7-5 is possible. But, .500 (tough to be .500 on a 13 game stretch!) or close too it would probaably be fine and leave them in 1st. Thnaks again, GGB.

Props to you for the reply...just what i was looking for...some thoughtful, positive insight from a "baseball guy" about the current situation the Rangers find themselves in with a tough 13 game stretch against teams with winning records. Much appreciate the reply and insight. Tough "slaughter" last night to open the 13 games, but I still think 7-5 is possible. But, .500 (tough to be .500 on a 13 game stretch!) or close too it would probaably be fine and leave them in 1st. Thnaks again, GGB.

Always up for some baseball discussion. I watched the 4th inning meltdown again this morning, and it still sucked. I knew Padilla wouldn't be that sharp after two weeks off. I am starting to question Washington putting Holland in these tough relief appearances. I don't think this is helping his development, especially when he is or was slated to start in Boston later this week. I wish the club would make up their mind about him for the '09 season and stick with it. Going from the bullpen to the rotation and back could be screwing with his head a bit. A pitcher has a certain make-up at that level. They are eaither a starter, a reliever, a long reliever, a set up man, or a closer. They have used Holland in almost all of those spots this season 0 not too sure that is the right thing. I know winning is on the agenda, but as a manager you have to look further down the road.

Oh well, hopefully they can actually generate some runs tonight. Burnett was dealing again last night so there wasn't too much hope. Petite is going for NY tonight, and he is coming back from a back issue I believe, so hopefully thing will be a little different. Also we need to give a big thanks to Roy Halladay and the Bluejays for beating the halos last night and keeping our lead at 4.5.

Edited by Green Guy Bass

Always up for some baseball discussion. I watched the 4th inning meltdown again this morning, and it still sucked. I knew Padilla wouldn't be that sharp after two weeks off. I am starting to question Washington putting Holland in these tough relief appearances. I don't think this is helping his development, especially when he is or was slated to start in Boston later this week. I wish the club would make up their mind about him for the '09 season and stick with it. Going from the bullpen to the rotation and back could be screwing with his head a bit. A pitcher has a certain make-up at that level. They are eaither a starter, a reliever, a long reliever, a set up man, or a closer. They have used Holland in almost all of those spots this season 0 not too sure that is the right thing. I know winning is on the agenda, but as a manager you have to look further down the road.

Oh well, hopefully they can actually generate some runs tonight. Burnett was dealing again last night so there wasn't too much hope. Petite is going for NY tonight, and he is coming back from a back issue I believe, so hopefully thing will be a little different. Also we need to give a big thanks to Roy Halladay and the Bluejays for beating the halos last night and keeping our lead at 4.5.

I would typically agree with you about pitcher development, but in hearing Holland I think he's confident in whatever role he steps into and that he realizes how pitching in pressure situations now will aide his future development.

He knows hes going to be a starter...and he knows he and Feliz are 1 and 1A in the Rangers pitching future. In knowing that he has to know that he's going to create situations like the ones hes being brought into know, only Wash or Maddox won't go to the pen once Holland is established so he's going to have to learn to pitch through these situations if he wants to be successful.

Though...perhaps ignore all of that if he knew he was slated to start this weekend in Boston (especially if its Sunday and I would've gotten to seen him toss).