Your 1st Place Texas Rangers

I love seeing that guy pitch, I am also curious what he is going to do on Wednesday against the freaking yankees, That will be a great test.

Hmmmm, not Wednesday yet, but Monday's "test" against the Yankees gets a "F". Let's hope Tues. and Wed. make for a better "grade". 11-1...OUCH and with a sellout crowd on hand...so much for that day's "home field advantage".

But, win 2 of 3 and you take another series...could happen.

A very interesting matchup tonight with Millwood going up against the very overrated Joba Chamberlain. Also, the temps are around 90, so it should be interesting to see which larger bodied righthander holds up the longest. Not quite August yet, but it will be interesting to see if the rotation can keep going deep into games as it gets hotter.

The Chris Davis situation is becoming even more glaring of late....1 of his last 29 I think, but his gold glove caliber defense is keeping him in the lineup, but I wonder if we will see more Blalock or even Jones at 1st in the coming days/weeks. Stay tuned. Also Diamondtalk returns tonight on the little Ticket, if you are up and horny for baseball talk please tune in.

Edited by Green Guy Bass

Really don't remember him being so feast or famine last year. How about a double every once in a while.

Rangers win, 7-3. Back to 9 over. If they ever break double digits over .500, there will be no stopping them.

Just remember, I was the first one to predict the world series...kinda.

Really don't remember him being so feast or famine last year. How about a double every once in a while.

Rangers win, 7-3. Back to 9 over. If they ever break double digits over .500, there will be no stopping them.

Just remember, I was the first one to predict the world series...kinda.

You don't remember that because he batted .285 last season and really never slumped. People tend to study your weaknesses more when you are in FIRST PLACE, BITCHES!

You don't remember that because he batted .285 last season and really never slumped. People tend to study your weaknesses more when you are in FIRST PLACE, BITCHES!

Yes excet that Yanks threw him two weak breaking pitches which he turned on for Homers! Had they just stayed with fast balls he would have struck out four times.

Yes excet that Yanks threw him two weak breaking pitches which he turned on for Homers! Had they just stayed with fast balls he would have struck out four times.

Joel Zumaya or Fernando Rodney struck him out on 3 straight off speed pieces in a key situation last week against Detroit when he was waiting for fastballs. They just made some poor pitches last night and hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Man i hope so, but Joba struck him out on straight fast balls in the second and then went away from it...

We shouldn't talk about this here, other teams could be scouting the rangers....

By the way it is great to have someone go 2-4, hopefully this is him coming out of this slump.

Rudy = Billy Beane

Oldguystudent = Mike Sciosca

Kram1 = Sparky Anderson

UNTFlyer = Theo Epstein

Alright 'Wonderboy' is starting tonight. A very interesting start for the 22 year old. With Padilla on his way back from the DL, he could make a case to stay in the rotation. But who do you send to the bullpen if not Holland. Is Holland a better fit right now in the bullpen with the rotation going so well?? Or do you want to not hinder his development as a starter? As of now you can't send Milly, Padilla, and Feldman to the pen....BMc just tossed his 1st CG and Harrison has lost 2 straight. Not sure if I like Harrison in the pen, he has been a starter for almost a full season at the MLB level. Can you trust that he will be nearly as effective as young Derek?? Don't think so. Should be an interesting next 2 weeks.

Alright 'Wonderboy' is starting tonight. A very interesting start for the 22 year old. With Padilla on his way back from the DL, he could make a case to stay in the rotation. But who do you send to the bullpen if not Holland. Is Holland a better fit right now in the bullpen with the rotation going so well?? Or do you want to not hinder his development as a starter? As of now you can't send Milly, Padilla, and Feldman to the pen....BMc just tossed his 1st CG and Harrison has lost 2 straight. Not sure if I like Harrison in the pen, he has been a starter for almost a full season at the MLB level. Can you trust that he will be nearly as effective as young Derek?? Don't think so. Should be an interesting next 2 weeks.

Too much pitching??? Surely you jest.

Rangers sweep doubleheader from A's with a good spot start from a triple A pitcher. When is the last time THAT happened. Now 10 games over, best record in the League, a possible 4 1/2 game lead ovwr the Angels. Now that they are 10 over, there is no stopping them. ALCS at the very least.

Rangers sweep doubleheader from A's with a good spot start from a triple A pitcher. When is the last time THAT happened. Now 10 games over, best record in the League, a possible 4 1/2 game lead ovwr the Angels. Now that they are 10 over, there is no stopping them. ALCS at the very least.

Slow your roll UNT90. It's still May. I'll be cheering for the Blue and Red, but talk to me after July, not May.

Edited by GreenBat

Slow your roll UNT90. It's still May. I'll be cheering for the Blue and Red, but talk to me after July, not May.

That is exactly right, all of us Ranger fans have been excited only to be let down before. Thsi much excitement is pretty new however. If they can keep it up past the all star break then I will be the biggest post season cheerleader ever. But for right now we tend to struggle against good teams, eg. Yankees at home.... And we beat the crap out of bad teams, eg A's tonight! I am just very happy that we are no longer in that crappy team category! I love watching this but sadly I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop and hoping that it never does, this is WAY TO MUCH FUN!

GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPENING FOR THE RANGERS,

Bythe way what the hel is up with CJ Wilson getting the win in the first game and the save in the second?!?!?!? Way to go!

Nice wins.......great sweep.

I love Chris Davis.....but I think he should either be benched for a while.... or sent to OKC. He's struggling terribly----6 strikeouts tonight.....on pace for a record 260.

Also this news on the broadcast front:

http://cbs11tv.com/press/TXA.21.Texas.2.1024426.html

Edited by SUMG

Nice wins.......great sweep.

I love Chris Davis.....but I think he should either be benched for a while.... or sent to OKC. He's struggling terribly----6 strikeouts tonight.....on pace for a record 260.

Also this news on the broadcast front:

http://cbs11tv.com/press/TXA.21.Texas.2.1024426.html

Who takes his place on a regular basis that has even close to the defense?

Who takes his place on a regular basis that has even close to the defense?

I guess they don't want to rush Justin Smoak...who is a Gold Glove caliber 1st baseman.

The other choice would be Blalock with Andruw J doing the DHing.

And like I said I love Davis. Heck, he's an East Texas boy---so I especially love the guy.

I just want them to do a temporary move to let him get his swing back.

But maybe they know best.

Edited by SUMG