Your 1st Place Texas Rangers

Well, that was fun for about 10 minutes.

Technically, it was 4 days. ;)

And now they start to look like the same little Rangers, no pitching (especially in the pen), lack of timely hitting, etc... Ill still watch them, because they have exciting young players which = hope for the future. Right now, I'd much prefer to watch a Rangers April game over a Maverick playoff game any day of the week.

And remember, we'll always have April 6 - 9, 2009 !!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Don't get all "fired up" Ranger fans...this is a long...WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG...baseball season. Your Rangers have not shown to be able to win for long stretches...enjoy it while you can and we can certaily hope the wins continue. And, remember, football season is not that far off, so the pain of what is MLB will be an after thought soon enough.

And, OK, it looks like FC Dallas is already a "goner" for the year...man, they hired that college coach and look what happened. When will people stop letting coaches move up like that without experience????? :lol::lol::lol:

Don't get all "fired up" Ranger fans...this is a long...WAY TOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG...baseball season. Your Rangers have not shown to be able to win for long stretches...enjoy it while you can and we can certaily hope the wins continue. And, remember, football season is not that far off, so the pain of what is MLB will be an after thought soon enough.

And, OK, it looks like FC Dallas is already a "goner" for the year...man, they hired that college coach and look what happened. When will people stop letting coaches move up like that without experience????? :lol::lol::lol:

go away

They just ended a 7 game road trip at 5-2. That is a pretty good week of work. They may not finish the season in first, but at least we have some hope for the future. GODD THINGS ARE HAPPENING FOR RANGERS FANS!

Who is FC Dallas and why should I care? (I already know the answer, this was said to make the point that how no one cares about soccer)

Damn right. 4 games over .500....oh yeah and J-Ham is back....nice oppo-dong tonight in a 6 run 7th. Derek picked up his 1st win as a big leaguer....Feldam is much better as a starter.....great times.....and great calls tonight on Diamondtalk.

I grew up a red sox fan in new england...but i follow all my "home town teams" down here....the rangers are really starting to impress me! they have always had the great offense....but thier pitching has been much improved this season.

Bass,

I listened to diamondtalk tonight....Great Show!

Pitching? What's that? Haven't seen it in such a looooong time.

KRAM, there you are, the guy predicting a 12-0 North Texas season, and yet such negativity toward the little Rangers, who have actually showed some promise on the field! Where is that over the top, the sun never sets optimism that is so annoying? ;)

Edited by UNT90

Pitching? What's that? Haven't seen it in such a looooong time.

KRAM, there you are, the guy predicting a 12-0 North Texas season, and yet such negativity toward the little Rangers, who have actually showed some promise on the field! Where is that over the top, the sun never sets optimism that is so annoying? ;)

It's the Rangers...it's baseball...come on! OK, I admit to (proudly in fact) that I am Mr. Positive when it comes to the Mean Green...why not? BUT...please do show me where I have ever been so "positive" as the predict a 12-0 season for the Mean Green????? :lol: In this case, with it being the Rangers...the sun will definitely set. The bats will stay hot (those guys can hit), but the arms will fall off and the wheels will come off this little "experiment" with winning by the Rangers....just too much history says it will happen. Besides when July comes around everyone will be so bored to tears with the 31/2 to 4 hour games that end 1-0 that they won't be paying attention any longer. The foootball teams will be a pre-season camps and the pre-season games will draw more fans than the Rangers will in July (on a game to game basis).

Now, the "other side of the news"...How about Them Rangers????? WOW...Hamilton comes off the DL and BAM...off he goes and Davis got it started...Davis is looking better than even expected and Hamilton is well...Hamilton. And, Elvis is actually getting the job done like the GM expected when the move with Young to 3rd took place to make room for the kid. He is definitely fun to watch...doing a bit of hitting too. Nice. Young, well, still an all-star and looking OK at third too. BUT, surprise of all surprises...there has actually been seen in the Rangers a bit of pitching! THAT, all you baseball fans, should make for some warm fuzzies for certain. BIG QUESTION...can Millwood, et al hold up for the long run? Yes, we'll see...but, for now...those Texas Rangers are #1 and actually looking like it. Would it be great to see the Rangers in the playoffs this year...ABSOLUTELY, but, like I said...it is a WAY TOO LONG season and it is now mid-May. But, there just might be enough lipstick to make these pigs look good well into the summer. Hold on to your hearts...might happen.

Now, wake me up when there is something happening...it's baseball season and it's great for napping during those long stretches of nothingness during a baseball game. Wake me up when Hamilton comes up! :P

They are a good team this year, I think that they are about a year away though. It is good to see Josh come back with a big hit, and it is even better to see these young arms throwing lights out!

Maybe it won't last forever, but this team is the start of something that could be great! The Mavericks made it back from being the laughing stock of basketball, the Rangers are going to do the same.

I heard that is a nice place to see a concert. I had no idea that they played soccer there. I thought a soccer league was a myth, kind of like the chupacambra.

Great place to see a concert. I've only been once, but it was fun. And though I haven't been, the scene when Jimmy Buffet comes to town is pretty monumental.

For the record, I live less than a mile from Pizza Hut Park and I have no idea when soccer season is.

NOW...and what are you saying...that you are clueless? I had graduate accounting classes at UNT when I was working on my MBA...it ain't THAT hard...get out and live a little. Even accountants are allowed a bit of fun "out" once and awhile. Take that green hat shade off, stop the bah humbugging and get with it! The hermit thing just doesn't do much for your tan! Besides the one mile walk to Pizza Hut park will do you good as would learning a little about a sport you claim to know nothing about...but like many others on this board are quick to talk about it from a point of absolutely no knowledge.

OK, just pulling your cain a little...having a bit of fun...don't go postal on me after being inside so long and not having a life! :lol:

everyone will be so bored to tears with the 31/2 to 4 hour games that end 1-0 that they won't be paying attention any longer.

Are you referencing soccer here?? So it would seem.

This years Ranger red is ok, I guess, but I would prefer that they return to the classy red and white/gray Ranger uniforms of the 90's as opposed to these all red 70s relics.