Your 1st Place Texas Rangers

Alright folks. The Rangers are facing a lefty tonight with an ERA under 3. Millwood goes for the good which is good. Hopefully he will get some runs support, but if not the west lead will continue to shrink(has no faith in Giants). If the bats stay cold I do urge you to tune in and call into Diamondtlak tonight after the game. We are going to try and fix a few things with the offense, and start looking at different lineups that the old school brutha could possibly use. We would love to hear from some of you.

Can I find that on the webste? While traveling I have a hard time finding rangers talk...

Alright folks. The Rangers are facing a lefty tonight with an ERA under 3. Millwood goes for the good which is good. Hopefully he will get some runs support, but if not the west lead will continue to shrink(has no faith in Giants). If the bats stay cold I do urge you to tune in and call into Diamondtlak tonight after the game. We are going to try and fix a few things with the offense, and start looking at different lineups that the old school brutha could possibly use. We would love to hear from some of you.

Was in town visiting, and went to the Rangers game Friday night. I had never heard Diamondtalk before, but tuned in after the game. Well done--I enjoyed it.

Wasn't talking about one game. Seems the offense has dropped off a bit this year (yes, I know they lead the league in HRs). It really is nitpicking, but it does concern me.

Yes, I am quoting and replying to myself to show my greatness with the early concern for the offense. Please pause while I repeatedly pat myself on the back and enjoy a reflective moment.

Edited by UNT90

One can only Hawpe.

Brad is a personal friend of one of the guys at my station whose son played with Brad at Boswell High School. We have followed his career ever since.

Thank you for the link Q.

Rick

Funny you say that. My brother in law was a pitcher at Boswell during the years that Brad was there. They both played the year that Boswell won the state championship - I was there with my wife (we were still dating). We have kept up with Brad's career as well. Both Brad and my brother in law were drafted but my brother in law got stuck in 1A ball and eventually gave it up. But it was fun to watch his career during his time in the Padres organization.

Astros have certainly fixed the offense so far.

Think the Astros love playing us 6 games a year? Let's ask a former player: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stor...rumblings090521

"I remember when I was with the Astros," said Tigers shortstop Adam Everett, "we always played the Rangers home-and-home, and it seemed like they always beat the snot out of us. And the Cardinals always played the Royals, and it seemed like they always swept them. So that was like a five-win difference right there."

CarribeanGreen and I are messing our collective Twitter pants over Millwood reaching the point where he can gut out 7 innings and allow one run on a night where he clearly doesn't have his usual command. Cannot believe the season that man is having.

CarribeanGreen and I are messing our collective Twitter pants over Millwood reaching the point where he can gut out 7 innings and allow one run on a night where he clearly doesn't have his usual command. Cannot believe the season that man is having.

The new cut-offs?

More contract year magic from a notorious offender.

Exactly rigt, didn't he have the lowest ERA in the league during his last contract year? Then the rangers signed him for Ace Money!!! He hasn't performed, but he is this year, lets just give him one year deals from now on!

It's actually not a contract year if he hits 180 innings. He should be there in August barring injury.

If he wanted money, he'd find a way to pitch well but limit innings.

By hitting 180 IP he locks in another year at $12,000,000.00, thus leaving open the argument that its only about the money with the guy. Had he gone out and had a season similar to his last two he'd not be sniffing that kind'a skrilla.

Edited by Green P1

By hitting 180 IP he locks in another year at $12,000,000.00, thus leaving open the argument that its only about the money with the guy. Had he gone out and had a season similar to his last two he'd not be sniffing that kind a skrilla.

Good point. Maybe he could tuck his sack between his legs, roid up and go dominate a shitty NL division Roger Clemens-style after next year.

Matty Harrison comes back from the DL tonight to face the dis-Astros, probably will only go 5 or 6 if things go well. I am never one to say the Rangers have to sweep a series, but I would be a little dissapointed if they don't close out this homestand without one. I know that is jumping the gun, but some momentum on a winnable roadtrip would be great with the Halos on their heels.

Shameless plug time: Tonight on Diamondtalk we will obviously break down the game, but we will also have a Pudge lovefest because he is breaking the all-time games caught record tonight passing the origional Pudge : Carloton Fisk with game #2,227. Also, we are hearing trade rumors involving your favorite club. If you care tune in and call in.

I am also taking some pleasure in the fact this is a thread in the non-sports forum that doesn't smack of contention and idiocy.