Florida Atlantic (3/4/09)

CMJ

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did play them Jan 17th. When NT was clearly NOT playing their best basketball. I don't see this game being anywhere near as close.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Well, keep in mind that when we played them their two best players did not play.

Paul Graham is one of the conferences leading scorers.

Carlos Monroe is a hoss of a big inside man.

Neither played in Denton in January. This will not be the same FAU team we played then and could be a very difficult game.

Well, keep in mind that when we played them their two best players did not play.

Paul Graham is one of the conferences leading scorers.

Carlos Monroe is a hoss of a big inside man.

Neither played in Denton in January. This will not be the same FAU team we played then and could be a very difficult game.

It may very well be a tough game, and I hope NT treats it as such: however FAU is the 13th seed. This team went 2-16 in the league with no away wins and has lost their last 5 games by an average 17 points. I see no evidence that FAU is any better than when NT played them earlier and NT is a lot better.

It is far from a sure win for NT, but the draw couldn't be better. You are nervous about any team tournament time, but what other team had you rather be playing?

Having seen the first game, IMO Brett Royster of Arlington Martin was just as good as Tramiel and Odufua. Now they have Sun Belt pre-season Player of the Year Carlos Monroe to play with Royster. Fortunately, FAU appears to not have good depth at post and NT has better guards and more depth everywhere.

Glad to see the email "head's up". Thanks to Jeff Kline, but is this all that can be done...an email? Maybe so. I hope for a BIG turnout of fans...townies, students, DFW Metroplex alums, etc. Wednesday night. A big crowd will make a nice statement and a show of support for the Mean Green. Let's send the team to Hot Springs in a BIG WAY with a LOUD and LARGE CROWD!!!

Go Mean Green!

Glad to see the email "head's up". Thanks to Jeff Kline, but is this all that can be done...an email? Maybe so. I hope for a BIG turnout of fans...townies, students, DFW Metroplex alums, etc. Wednesday night. A big crowd will make a nice statement and a show of support for the Mean Green. Let's send the team to Hot Springs in a BIG WAY with a LOUD and LARGE CROWD!!!

Go Mean Green!

Does anyone have any research on how to best market "play-in" games?

Now that it's tourney time, gotta bust out the Hoosiers quotes.

"If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the best that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book we're gonna be winners." ---Coach Norman Dale

SGA President Jeff Kline sent out an email to all students and staff to come to the game Wednesday. Although he slightly undersold the Mean Green's record in finishing the season, he said they've won 4 of the last 5, it's actually 6 of the last 7.

The NT Daily is dedicating 3/4ths of the front page to game coverage in tomorrows paper so students should know about it too.

The NT Daily is dedicating 3/4ths of the front page to game coverage in tomorrows paper so students should know about it too.

Would those be the same students who claimed they did not know about the stadium vote and are signing petitions for a re-vote?

I feel like this work day will never end. I'm way more nervous than excited about this game....just want it to be over all ready.

I agree that it's hard to work today in anticipation of the game tonight. The Mean Green will prevail and move on!! I predict that White will take flight and dunk tonight!!

I agree that it's hard to work today in anticipation of the game tonight. The Mean Green will prevail and move on!! I predict that White will take flight and dunk tonight!!
When we're playing in a tourney against a school I think we should beat, I get pretty nervous. When we play someone I think we're pretty equal with, I'm more excited. I mean if we lose to MTSU or something, that's fine - I'll get over it. If we flame out against an Owls team that's only won 2 league games this season...that's depression.

When we're playing in a tourney against a school I think we should beat, I get pretty nervous. When we play someone I think we're pretty equal with, I'm more excited. I mean if we lose to MTSU or something, that's fine - I'll get over it. If we flame out against an Owls team that's only won 2 league games this season...that's depression.

Put that out of your mind and bank on the fact that we're gonna blow these Owls out of the arena.

GMG!

CMJ, cheer the Mean Green on tonight. You're on your own in the chat room. Bob Schieffer is in town so the wife and I plan to hear what he has to say. Joy!