Breaking: Life Exists On Mars

ALIEN microbes living just below the Martian soil are responsible for a haze of methane around the Red Planet, Nasa scientists believe.

The gas, belched in vast quantities in our world by cows, was detected by orbiting spacecraft and from Earth using giant telescopes.

Nasa are today expected to confirm its presence during a briefing at their Washington HQ.

And the find is seen as exciting new evidence that Martian microbes are still alive today.

Some scientists reckon methane is also produced by volcanic processes. But there are NO known active volcanoes on Mars.

Furthermore, Nasa has found the gas in the same regions as clouds of water vapour, the vital “drink” needed to support life.

Experts speculate that the methane is being emitted as a waste product by organisms called methanogens living in water beneath underground ice.

And they would have to be alive today because the methane would otherwise have been lost from the Martian atmosphere.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2133475.ece

Serious question. I am being serious...

Presuming there is life out there, do you think they read the Bible?

I guess the answer to whether or not you believe there is "other" life out there will determine whether or not you think they read the Bible. I for one do not believe there is any other life out there. But then again, I don't think scientists can determine there is life on a certain planet......just because it looks like what they think is life, doesn't mean it is - for example - if you believe God created the earth in 7 days, do you think that all of the plants appeared to be one day old? Or did they appear to be much older even though they were just created?

To the best of my knowledge, no microorganisms can read -- so I can safely say there is a high probability that life on Mars, if it currently exists, does not read the Bible.

Guest JohnDenver

To the best of my knowledge, no microorganisms can read -- so I can safely say there is a high probability that life on Mars, if it currently exists, does not read the Bible.

High five! Clever ...

Ok, given the assumption that "intelligent lifeforms" exist..

I think intelligent alien life could care less about the human bible. Just as we could care less about their Gods, assuming they have them.

BTW, if this turns out to be true, this may be one of the most remarkable discoveries that I experience in my lifetime..... at least I believe so. I think that to know that we are not alone will help the human condition in so many ways, especially if we can meet other intelligent life forms.

OMG, methane is a greenhouse gas! Mars is now in the process of potentially catastrophic climate change. Someone should do something....Congress should pass some laws. We have to save Mars before it's too late!!! :ph34r:

Keith

So much fail in such a small space cannot be safe....