Sean Warren You Tube Highlights

SUMG

He's short, stocky, strong....and quick as all get out. Remind you of anyone?

Please sign this guy.....ASAP. Anyway, some of the highlights are better than others....if you watch several minutes of it...I think you'll get the feel.

Orchestra Rock instead of Gangsta Rap in his highlight video? Sign him now, dump the other guy. What was his name? I'll feel better about our RPI improving.

Dang...just heard the rap!! Soooo close

Edited by UNT90

Kinda reminds me of Issac Thomas in the Oil Bowl a few years ago. The kid was un-blockable in that game. If Sean Warren comes to NT, I will adopt him and banner his greatness for four years as I did Issac. (just please get a sack Sean... in four years, just one sack please?)

GMG!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! When you adopt DT's they B-U-S-T

After watching the entire YouTube clip, I am reminded of how crappy JUCO football is.

Next, sorry guys, but I've got to side with the coaching staff on this one, if they indeed pulled the scholarship. Warren is never double-teamed, so he's not such a force that he has to be game-planned around, even at the JUCO level. He had very few QB sacks shown and most appeared to result from the QB holding the ball too long, not anything special he did.

Also, a majority of the clips were in a game against a team the scoreboard showed they were beating 42-0. Not great competition. Is that one of the only games where he made plays? I did like the last shots where the scoreboard showed Wichita St. on it. Didn't know they'd gotten another team.

The guy also looked much smaller than the 6-0, 290 he's listed at. I'd like to see him in a true, NFL combine-type measuring system. My guess is he's about 5-10 and 275-280, and not in good shape.

And, please, spare me the Booger Kennedy talk. Yes, he was short. But, very, very few short DLs go far. Barry Sanders was a short running back. There are many short running back, but only one Barry Sanders. Few short guys do what Booger Kennedy did. And, this guy isn't dominating on tape even against JUCOs. He'd be manhandled, even in the Sun Belt.

So, Merry Christmas to all Dodgebangers - I actually think they've got this one right. Atkinsin looks much better on film. He looks the size, takes up double teams, and wrecks play timing on his own. None of that shows in the Warren clips.

I'm worried that a bigger school who loses a DL commitment will pick up on Atkinsin and we'll lose him, though. If we end up with Warren, I don't see anyway, other than sheer lack of depth, that he makes a major impact in his first season here...or elsewhere.

I don't know if Warren is great or not. What I do know is that he has qualified, wanted to sign with us....and could have been signed by now. Thus, he could have been here for spring ball.

Instead we decide to put all our eggs in the Atkinsin basket. Atkinsin, who can't be here this spring. And who has decided that he wants to continue taking recruiting visits and trying to find a better offer.

So to me: I'll take a Warren who wants to be here and can be here, working out, going through spring practice...over Atkinsin.

Even if you do get Atkinsin, he won't be practicing at his juco. He'll have to motivate himself to work out. So if you do get him in the summer, expect him to show up in about as good a shape as Hollivay and Jenkins.

Guest GrayEagleOne

It's hard to judge an athlete's true ability from a couple of highlight reels so I'll bow to the so-called experts...the scouts at Rivals.

They have rated Sean Warren the 76th best prospect, regardless of position, in this year's class of JUCO prospects. He is rated the 11th best defensive tackle from the JC ranks. Rivals gave him a rating of 5.6, which is higher than any of our other commitments or prospects. Best of all, he plays a position for which we have a dire need and he seems to want to come here. If he is academically eligible, it seems like a no-brainer to me.

After watching the entire YouTube clip, I am reminded of how crappy JUCO football is.

Next, sorry guys, but I've got to side with the coaching staff on this one, if they indeed pulled the scholarship. Warren is never double-teamed, so he's not such a force that he has to be game-planned around, even at the JUCO level. He had very few QB sacks shown and most appeared to result from the QB holding the ball too long, not anything special he did.

Also, a majority of the clips were in a game against a team the scoreboard showed they were beating 42-0. Not great competition. Is that one of the only games where he made plays? I did like the last shots where the scoreboard showed Wichita St. on it. Didn't know they'd gotten another team.

The guy also looked much smaller than the 6-0, 290 he's listed at. I'd like to see him in a true, NFL combine-type measuring system. My guess is he's about 5-10 and 275-280, and not in good shape.

And, please, spare me the Booger Kennedy talk. Yes, he was short. But, very, very few short DLs go far. Barry Sanders was a short running back. There are many short running back, but only one Barry Sanders. Few short guys do what Booger Kennedy did. And, this guy isn't dominating on tape even against JUCOs. He'd be manhandled, even in the Sun Belt.

So, Merry Christmas to all Dodgebangers - I actually think they've got this one right. Atkinsin looks much better on film. He looks the size, takes up double teams, and wrecks play timing on his own. None of that shows in the Warren clips.

I'm worried that a bigger school who loses a DL commitment will pick up on Atkinsin and we'll lose him, though. If we end up with Warren, I don't see anyway, other than sheer lack of depth, that he makes a major impact in his first season here...or elsewhere.

Lonnie,

I am right with you brother. This guy is playing against some weak competition. Atkinson looks to be more of the real deal.

Is it too hard to grasp the idea that the coaching staff might know something we don't?

Its one of the two scenarios:

A. Warren is a stud JUCO DT who wants to play for us and in an attempt to keep our defense at a historically low level Todge's staff is purposely ignoring him.

B. UNT's staff... along with everyone else... have seen something form Warren that leads them to believe he's not worth a ship.

The fact that he remains unsigned by anyone should probably lead everyone to go with scenario A....

Yep, that's noticable from a Youtube video.

You two are pretty cute when you fight about things. The posts are even starting to be a package deal, which is a nice, cost-effective surprise in such a rough economy.

You two are pretty cute when you fight about things. The posts are even starting to be a package deal, which is a nice, cost-effective surprise in such a rough economy.

Rough economy? What indicators are you looking at? Stop believing everything the liberal media is telling you.

This has easily become one of my favorite things about the board. It's something you can count on when all else is chaos. Makes me feel safe and secure. Like a pair of tighty whiteys.