Midterm Transfer Update

Brett Vito

If Warren has moved on, it could leave UNT without a JC defensive tackle to add to its defense until next fall. UNT would be a lot better off if it can get a JC tackle to campus at the semester break.

Is that really necessary? We all know that we don't have a defensive tackle yet...I mean come on! R$%$%$%^%^%^

So it's possible and highly likely that we will not have one mid-term JUCO defensive linemen coming to Denton. Excellent! Forget the fact that we need about 4-6 defensive linemen this recruiting class. We can't even get one JUCO!

I think it could be a blessing. He will be coming in the fall. That means it opens a spot for another to slide in. Look on the bright side.

GMG

"If Warren has moved on, it could leave UNT without a JC defensive tackle to add to its defense until next fall. UNT would be a lot better off if it can get a JC tackle to campus at the semester break."

I believe that this was my assessment as well. I don't understand why NT would pull their offer for Warren. He's rated #76 in the country for JUCO's, he's 6' X 295, 5.1, and he's motivated to be here.

What am I missing?

And BTW, asking what the hell is going on with the decisions that the coaches are making regarding recruitment is not being negative......it's being realistic. We don't have the luxury of blind faith any longer.

"UNT would be a lot better off if it can get a JC tackle to campus at the semester break."

Again Vito with the negativity!! How come he couldn't have said we would be better off, or maybe a little better off. "A lot better off"!!!!!! You just know he is hoping for the apocalypse of UNT sports!

Guest GrayEagleOne

According to Rivals....the juco LB commit (Charles) and the juco WR commit (Jackson) haven't signed their LOIs either.

I was getting a little concerned about that, too. Then I began looking and SMU's great JUCOs from Navarro and Troy's highly-rated JUCO class have no signed LOIs either. Maybe the universities just don't feel an urgency in reporting; I don't know.

I can rest easier when I see LOIs from Charles and Jackson though. Until then, I'll wonder if they'll be able to enroll next month or if we have to wait until next fall for them. I'm also with you on getting Warren's name on the commit list.

Man, all this doom and gloom on JUCO recruiting!

Have some faith! All college coaches win and lose in

the recruiting game. Do not judge recruiting skills on a

couple of players commiting to another school or not

sending in their LOI's. Calm down folks!

The staff targeted many good players, and went after

these players. We do not know the complete list

of ALL the prospects the staff targeted, nor do we

know about each prospects individual situation.

There are many good JUCO players out there, and I am sure

the staff has a good list of quality players they are recruiting.

The staff is very selective and will not waste a scholarship on

a marginal player. Save the scholarship for the player they want

now or for a later date when some JUCO's finish their degrees.

I would like to see the list of high school talent the staff

has targeted too. I would bet there are many impressive

HS players the staff is recruiting. I am confident the staff

will receive impressive HS commitments too.

The talent on the team is young. These young players

have finished a full year together, and they are into their

weight training and conditioning programs for 2008/09. I can

see these talented players really improving, and becoming a

very good team for the 2009 season. The 2009 class of players

will just add to the talent that is here now. That is how a team

rebuilds and reloads, one year at a time.

I was getting a little concerned about that, too. Then I began looking and SMU's great JUCOs from Navarro and Troy's highly-rated JUCO class have no signed LOIs either. Maybe the universities just don't feel an urgency in reporting; I don't know.

Marquis Frazier from Navarro signed with SMU today.

"UNT would be a lot better off if it can get a JC tackle to campus at the semester break."

Again Vito with the negativity!! How come he couldn't have said we would be better off, or maybe a little better off. "A lot better off"!!!!!! You just know he is hoping for the apocalypse of UNT sports!

To quote Jack Nicholson: "You can't stand the truth!"

Man, all this doom and gloom on JUCO recruiting!

Have some faith! All college coaches win and lose in

the recruiting game. Do not judge recruiting skills on a

couple of players commiting to another school or not

sending in their LOI's. Calm down folks!

The staff targeted many good players, and went after

these players. We do not know the complete list

of ALL the prospects the staff targeted, nor do we

know about each prospects individual situation.

There are many good JUCO players out there, and I am sure

the staff has a good list of quality players they are recruiting.

The staff is very selective and will not waste a scholarship on

a marginal player. Save the scholarship for the player they want

now or for a later date when some JUCO's finish their degrees.

I would like to see the list of high school talent the staff

has targeted too. I would bet there are many impressive

HS players the staff is recruiting. I am confident the staff

will receive impressive HS commitments too.

The talent on the team is young. These young players

have finished a full year together, and they are into their

weight training and conditioning programs for 2008/09. I can

see these talented players really improving, and becoming a

very good team for the 2009 season. The 2009 class of players

will just add to the talent that is here now. That is how a team

rebuilds and reloads, one year at a time.

What have you seen that the fanbase should have faith in YUGO, my new nickname for Todd Dosge. He has proven that he does not understand the college game and is clueless on what it takes to recruit a team of Div. 1 caliber players. I can think of only four or five players on the current roster, who were recruited under the YUGO's regime, who could contribute to another Div. 1 program.

Given that it may be Deloach who is gone, I'm not sure it matter whether we get a JUCO DL or not. If Deloach is gone, these guys will be working under their third defensive coordinator in three seasons.

Seriously, folks, hope that Deloach isn't gone. These kids having to go through yet another defensive change?

Although, I guess the flip side is, they couldn't do any worse. I mean, we're already one of only two schools to give up 500+ points in back-to-back seasons. Who says another coordinator couldn't save us from becoming the only school in NCAA history to give up 500 in three consecutive seasons!

Hell, maybe I will apply for the coaching position. After all if Mike Leach can parlay a law degree into a coaching career.... And, really, is this football program much better than, say, the one Leach coached in Finland?

I can rest easier when I see LOIs from Charles and Jackson though. Until then, I'll wonder if they'll be able to enroll next month or if we have to wait until next fall for them. I'm also with you on getting Warren's name on the commit list.

Jamaal Jackson has signed a LOI, plus IRA Smith and Mike Outlaw

IRA Smith appears to be highly regarded and thus a significant signee by NT. He had OFFERS from La Tech, Louisville, UAB, and Ole Miss. He isn't ranked yet but I would believe with offers from Louisville, UAB and Ole Miss he should be rated a 3* player.

Given that it may be Deloach who is gone, I'm not sure it matter whether we get a JUCO DL or not. If Deloach is gone, these guys will be working under their third defensive coordinator in three seasons.

Seriously, folks, hope that Deloach isn't gone. These kids having to go through yet another defensive change?

Although, I guess the flip side is, they couldn't do any worse. I mean, we're already one of only two schools to give up 500+ points in back-to-back seasons. Who says another coordinator couldn't save us from becoming the only school in NCAA history to give up 500 in three consecutive seasons!

Hell, maybe I will apply for the coaching position. After all if Mike Leach can parlay a law degree into a coaching career.... And, really, is this football program much better than, say, the one Leach coached in Finland?

Man, how I wish you would.

Edited by UNTLifer

Well, you've always been critical of North Texas for not hiring people with college coaching experience at some level before bringing them on at the D1 level, and Mike Leach coached as an assistant at then 1-AA Cal Poly and JUCO College of the Desert before he got hired on to that pro team in Finland, not to mention getting a degree from the United States Sports Academy. Would it be fair to expect you to work your way up the ranks like he did?

Mike Leach bio on Wikipedia

Aw, come on, Euless...think of all the inside information I could provide through PMs. That way, there'd be no guessing here. Plus, I'd give it for free, unlike Dennis Franchione.

Besides, I've already been accused of being Kenny Evans once before. Right? Why not play the joke out to it's end?

And, to be a good sport, I'd forego my salary for the first year so that the athletic department could use it toward the stadium and whatnot.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch