Sooners Strike Back

LongJim

BAck in the Southand Conference days, when we were to be on television playing the then Northeast Indians for the Conference title and the right to go on to the first round of the play-offs, I tried to hire a airplane and banner.

I called the airport in Monroe and they put me in touch with a local that agreed to pull a banner over the stadium on game day.

We agreed on the price and he asked how I wanted the banner to read.

I said, "GO MEAN GREEN BEAT NORTHEAST"

He paused and said, "You're a North Texas supporter ? I graduated from Northeast. I can't pull a banner that's against my school."

We were unable to come to an agreement, but I've always had a lot of respect for this guy, whom I've never met, that would put his school pride over making a buck. We need more of 'em.

GO MEAN GREEN

Apparently, UT alumni paid for a 45-35 banner to fly over the OU-OSU game last week and the Mack banner is retaliation for it. The strange part is...Texas Tech is claiming responsibility for the Mack banner flying over UT. Texas Tech is such a step child...always trying to attract more attention to themselves because no one really cares about them.

Apparently, UT alumni paid for a 45-35 banner to fly over the OU-OSU game last week and the Mack banner is retaliation for it. The strange part is...Texas Tech is claiming responsibility for the Mack banner flying over UT. Texas Tech is such a step child...always trying to attract more attention to themselves because no one really cares about them.

The bell ringer is also said to be involved with the India tragedy...

BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II

US Ranked 4th

After determining the Big-12 championship game participants the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the

BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing

on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses

came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--

our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories--Japan and

Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a

single, equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hitler said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Hitler has been

criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with

Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of

additional forces."

I'm sure the Giants of last year were glad the BCS did not select the SuperBowl teams, they would have been left out. The only real way to determine a true champion is a playoff. Who can say undefeated Ball State, Boise, or Utah could not beat Alabama? And we know Boise could never beat OU, right? :rolleyes:

I'm sure the Giants of last year were glad the BCS did not select the SuperBowl teams, they would have been left out. The only real way to determine a true champion is a playoff. Who can say undefeated Ball State, Boise, or Utah could not beat Alabama? And we know Boise could never beat OU, right? :rolleyes:

I loved the Boise game, but can I make a quick point? That OU team was the champion of the Big 12 the year they failed to beat a single top 25 team out of conference (there may have been one if I'm jumbling years.) They were ripe for an upset and obviously not engaged in the game except for about a 15-20 minute stretch of utter domination. As our fans well know, there's nothing to stop these kids from how they treat a holiday bowl game. Sometimes they go for the trip experience and scenery when not much is on the line, and sometimes they go to prove something to the world (like BCS crashers and BSU.) This is not to discount an amazing game, but so far the two BCS crasher examples have come against that OU team and the Big East back-in champ Pittsburgh team that got whipped by Utah. No one wants to mention Georgia vs. the Fightin' Rainbows.

I'm very excited for the projected Bama/Utah bowl and will be rooting for the Utes.

BCS DECLARES GERMANY WINNER OF WORLD WAR II

US Ranked 4th

After determining the Big-12 championship game participants the BCS computers were put to work on other major contests and today the

BCS declared Germany to be the winner of World War II.

"Germany put together an incredible number of victories beginning with the annexation of Austria and the Sudetenland and continuing

on into conference play with defeats of Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands. Their only losses

came against the US and Russia; however considering their entire body of work--including an incredibly tough Strength of Schedule--

our computers deemed them worthy of the #1 ranking."

Questioned about the #4 ranking of the United States the BCS commissioner stated "The US only had two major victories--Japan and

Germany. The computer models, unlike humans, aren't influenced by head-to-head contests--they consider each contest to be only a

single, equally-weighted event."

German Chancellor Adolph Hitler said "Yes, we lost to the US; but we defeated #2 ranked France in only 6 weeks." Hitler has been

criticized for seeking dramatic victories to earn 'style points' to enhance Germany's rankings. Hitler protested "Our contest with

Poland was in doubt until the final day and the conditions in Norway were incredibly challenging and demanded the application of

additional forces."

ROTFLMAO!!!

Greatness

Yes you can...

Texas Tech 39, Texas 33

Oklahoma 65, Texas Tech 21

Yes, but Texas doesn't want you to factor in the head-to-head match-up that goes against them. That wouldn't be right.

They also want you to forget that they played Florida Atlantic and UTEP while OU hosted eventual Big East champion Cincinnati and MWC runner-up TCU. Both of those finished Top 12 of the final BCS poll.

Alot of things worked against Texas. The beauty of it is that they were screwed by the BCS system that their conference helped design and their athletic director approved of. There is no honor among thieves...that's the way I look at their so-called "mess."

Yes, but Texas doesn't want you to factor in the head-to-head match-up that goes against them. That wouldn't be right.

They also want you to forget that they played Florida Atlantic and UTEP while OU hosted eventual Big East champion Cincinnati and MWC runner-up TCU. Both of those finished Top 12 of the final BCS poll.

Alot of things worked against Texas. The beauty of it is that they were screwed by the BCS system that their conference helped design and their athletic director approved of. There is no honor among thieves...that's the way I look at their so-called "mess."

That's probably the best post I've seen about this issue, god bless you.