Unmitigated Grief!

EagleMBA

I work with Texas, Florida and LSU alums. The Gator was strangely subdued this morning (ha ha) but the other two gave me a real ration of $hit. "Didn't know it was basketball season.." etc. My thought turn to FFR, who must really be catching hell today at work.

All in good fun...sure I took a bit of kidding this morning at the office. Why not? I have given some out also to my TX A&M, Baylor, Arkansas, etc. co-workers. This is just part of what makes being a college football fan so much fun. I told one of my co-workers that I was 4-4 for the year! Sure, Oklahoma State is 4-0 and UNT is 0-4...I am also old enough to remember when it was exactly the other way around! It will be again!

GO MEAN GREEN! :rolleyes: HAVE FUN WITH IT....UNT will have a winning season record in the near future...believe it!

caught much grief from the OU, TX, Penn State & even a freakn UTAlmost grad (No pun intended - well maybe).

As superficial as it may sound to current students - Pass the Stadium vote and we will recruit better - so you won't have to deal with this stuff - I don't think it's all in good fun - maybe if we lost by 14 or 21.

Students, pls understand you will one day realize how much College Football is "Talked about" @ work!

Even if you don't care about sports - odds are - you will once you graduate!

Perception sometimes is more important than reality - just how it is.

Ask around, the same applies to your text books - what your being taught vs. how companies are actually ran (As sad as that sounds)!

The average college student remembers 20% of what they learned - maybe that's why most employers don't care what your major is!

For the most part, your Degree is viewed by how well our Athletic Programs are!

Don't we have a higher SAT scores than TTU? Yet, most people believe TTU is a larger school with smarter kids!

Ask yourself why and vote yes - it will be you who will benefit most from this in 4,5 or even 10 yrs from now when we are competitive - facilities will make a difference to future recruits!

Just get upset when, I'm smarter, faster, better than most of my work peers - yet, they feel superior because they win in college athletics!

It's got to change!

GO MEAN GREEN - IT CAN HAPPEN!

Wow - I feel better now! LOL

Well heckled some but I also am wearing a Burnt Orange dress shirt just to piss off the Hog Fanatics.

Life is grand even if you hate the Short Horns.

As a Hog fan, I can't stand the ShortHorns. Man was saturday rough for me. I would have bet the house that the Hogs would have gotten beat worse than the Eagles. After all, it was RICE.

The only one I caught grief from was my wife, who knows absolutely nothing about football. She saw that I had the game on the television and commented, "North Texas ALWAYS loses." And just laughed. :( North Texas football has become soooo embarrassing these last two and a half years.

My coworkers view North Texas football as so insignificant that they don't even bother mentioning football and North Texas in the same sentence. :angry:

I actually talked to a sympathetic Texas Tech fan yesterday. His opinion caught me a little off guard, but I think it may give us some insight as to what the rest of the state thinks of us. He said NT will continue to struggle as long as we play at Fouts due to the fact that prospects are going to be put off by it. He thought we would be better off inviting them to road games. He thought all of the stadium discussion regarding attempting to raise $60 million was another problem for our image. He said UT spent over a $120 million renovating one end of their stadium (I looked it up on Wiki - $149 million but there were offices, gym spaces, etc, included) and we can't come up with $60 mill for a new stadium. He said it was a statement about our grads that said two possible things: 1) Our graduates don't care about the school (so why should anyone else) or 2) our grads couldn't be successful enough with their degrees to repay the school with gifts. None of this was said mockingly or insultingly and we discussed it for at least 45 minutes. Kinda dishearting to hear this from someone in Denton about NT.

Edited by Lurker

I work with Texas, Florida and LSU alums. The Gator was strangely subdued this morning (ha ha) but the other two gave me a real ration of $hit. "Didn't know it was basketball season.." etc. My thought turn to FFR, who must really be catching hell today at work.

Oh, you don't want to know. At least most of you get to go home after 8 hours of it. I'm here for 24. The first guy I encountered tried to have pity on me by offering up a "Hey, don't feel bad, my A&M Aggies got beat 77-0 a few years back", to which I replied, "Yeah, to Oklahoma!, not Rice". To which he just put his head down, shook his head and said..."Oh shit!" and walked away.

Rick