Upon Further Review

GoMeanGreen1999

We should win this week. I noticed that FIU was averaging 186 yards of offense from scrimmage going into this past weeks game. Our offense will only need to score 20 - 28 points to win and we should be able to do that (assuming we don't fall behind by 10+ points and give up).

UNT 21

FIU 9

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Agree with you. We do rack up yards and generate offense...just don't get to the red zone very often. Few trips to the red zone = nothing on the board.

On the other hand, give the bad guys the ball with a very short field consistently and they won't have nice yardage stats at all. And we'll win time-of-possession too.

I have been predicting one of those days where we go ape$hit and score at will for some time, only to be frustrated time-and-again like the rest of you. This week has got to be the week. This week our guys have got to be like a bull coming out of the chute...now THERE is an idea! :P

FIU: 231

NT: -1.2

North Texas makes NCAA history scoring both NEGATIVE and FRACTIONAL points in the same game. FIU makes history by scoring twice on the same play in a performance that can only be described as having "violated some fundamental law of physics".

People on this board will proceed to fight with each other senselessly as if that helps. Firetodddodge.com will be registered and the petition put on-line to the dismay of some, and pleasure of others. Someone will be banned for questioning the sexuality of one of the players and/or by saying the "F-Word" fifteen times in an 18 word post.

...did I miss anything?

Edited by yyz28

Don't forget, we broke FIU's 23-game winless streak last year with a 38-19 loss. The previous year it took us SEVEN overtimes to eek out 25 points and win 25-22 at Fouts.

I'm only predicting that we will be this week's pillow fight GOTW, with the loser going winless in 2008.

Just FYI that prediction can not happen now, seeing as how FIU put foot to A$$ last weekend against Toledo.

No way in hell can that defense I saw in Houston hold ANYONE to 9 points in a 4 quarter game. Also, I would not count on us ever scoring an even 21 points this year because that would generally require success on three extra point attempts. Oh well, since this is probably our best chance for a win this year, I'll go ahead and stick with the Koolaid induced prediction of:

North Texas 37

FIU 34

Seriously guys - under 30 in the first half! I can't see it! And I am not talking about a combined total! We will shoot out of the helmet and reel off 21 point, wait 20 because there is that extra point drama, but the Panthers will be golden with at least 28. We will be sucking wind trying to keep up until we just give up in a demoralizing fashion - hate to say it but this team only plays tough until it is competitive. It will not be competitive after the 3rd quarter based on what I have seen so far.

Fast-forwarding past unt IU 48

#1 North Texas 27

gmg

It may be the most tired cliche in the book, but it's gut check time for the Mean Green.

I'm not convinced that they will win, but if they have any heart (and other organs I could mention), they will.

If someone switched your kidneys and your knees so they were out of position to do their jobs and your body consequently failed, would you blame the heart and the kidneys or the person who put the organs in their new position?

FIU 45

NT 24

I guess that 24 would mean that we score 4 touchdowns and no extra points, because 3 extra points and a field goal sounds like an impossibility to me. Unless of course we can quickly find someone off of the women's soccer team to take over on extra points. To tell you the truth that might not be such a bad idea. If we can find a soccer gal who can consistently make a 20 yard field goal, it might bring in some nice publicity and even swing some female votes toward voting for the stadium proposal. Hmmmmmmmm.......

I guess that 24 would mean that we score 4 touchdowns and no extra points, because 3 extra points and a field goal sounds like an impossibility to me. Unless of course we can quickly find someone off of the women's soccer team to take over on extra points. To tell you the truth that might not be such a bad idea. If we can find a soccer gal who can consistently make a 20 yard field goal, it might bring in some nice publicity and even swing some female votes toward voting for the stadium proposal. Hmmmmmmmm.......

New Mexico did it a while back. I don't see any reason against it unless we're hell bent on missing 50% of our PATs.

Traveling pant suits unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stock market is plunging

Rice is still scoring

Cowboys stunk it up

The sky is still falling

Oh look the Mean Green play Saturday - all is good in the world:)

Bring on Saturday so I can get this taste out of my mouth!

GMG