Sad

KRAM1

WOW...talk about surrender!!! I had hoped that when I looked at GoMeanGreen this morning I would see disappointment, but not the deafeatist attitude I discovered. Get a grip folks...Yes, this was an embarrasing loss to Rice. I though we had a decent shot of hanging in there for an upset win or at a minimum a close games decided late. Didn't happen, but I am not at the point of slitting my wrists as some on this board seem to be.

WOW...what a bunch of "poor me" I am reading. Yes, I may be a "homer", and I know my glasses have a rose hue to them, but now is not the time to "jump ship". Take a breath, relax and remember that what we can do to help the program is to stay positive, go to the games, supprt the new stadium and remain firm in our support of UNT in its effort to rebuild a program very much in need of rebuilding.

If the team gave up last night, perhaps it has something to do with a scheduled designed for $$ but also designed to beat the crap out of the team early. Think that might just create a bit of "attitude" problems for the coaches??? Maybe even cause some problems in the coaching staff itself??? Gee....can you imagine.

Time to pull together, not rip and rip at the team and its coaching staff. If you are a member of the MEAN GREEN NATION and not just one who wants to bitch constantly here on GMG.com...hang in there...I KNOW we will all be rewarded when the wins start happening...AND THEY WILL.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Were you there to witness Rice practically taking a knee the entire 4th quarter?

The schedule - 2 weeks to prepare for Rice and that is what you put out on the field - intensity, emotion?

Again be Relentless MGN there can be no more excuses and you had never ever ever quit as a member of my team. As the leaders of this program we had better demand excellence or we are not doing the program and those young men justice. And yes, I will be there in October and hopefully November even if we are staring at 0-12. But do not quit on my watch.

GMG

WOW...talk about surrender!!! I had hoped that when I looked at GoMeanGreen this morning I would see disappointment, but not the deafeatist attitude I discovered. Get a grip folks...Yes, this was an embarrasing loss to Rice. I though we had a decent shot of hanging in there for an upset win or at a minimum a close games decided late. Didn't happen, but I am not at the point of slitting my wrists as some on this board seem to be.

WOW...what a bunch of "poor me" I am reading. Yes, I may be a "homer", and I know my glasses have a rose hue to them, but now is not the time to "jump ship". Take a breath, relax and remember that what we can do to help the program is to stay positive, go to the games, supprt the new stadium and remain firm in our support of UNT in its effort to rebuild a program very much in need of rebuilding.

If the team gave up last night, perhaps it has something to do with a scheduled designed for $$ but also designed to beat the crap out of the team early. Think that might just create a bit of "attitude" problems for the coaches??? Maybe even cause some problems in the coaching staff itself??? Gee....can you imagine.

Time to pull together, not rip and rip at the team and its coaching staff. If you are a member of the MEAN GREEN NATION and not just one who wants to bitch constantly here on GMG.com...hang in there...I KNOW we will all be rewarded when the wins start happening...AND THEY WILL.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Kram, I don't see anyone really, truely giving up on this program or school. I just see a lot of frustration right now, as many (including myself) are when your team loses in the way we have to teams we should be able to at least stay on the field with.

Kram1, some people forget where they went to school and are not familiar with our history of being a tough, not-back-down-to-anybody program. North Texas alumni for the most part have to go out and make their own mark in this world. No one gives us anything and nothing worth doing comes easy for us. Our football program is no different. We will get through this. I guarantee everyone, that there isn't anyone more sick to their stomachs about the current situation than Todd Dodge and Gary Deloach. They will do what they have to do to right this ship.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Frustration is one thing...some of the comments border on surrender and giving up on the team and program. EVERY single member of the MEAN GREEN NATION has to be frustrated, but the extent of some of the comments are just way over the top.

Yes, Rice beat the crap out of UNT yesterday....let the record so show...just think of how sweet revenge and payback will be....you might recall that Troy beat Oklahoma State pretty bad last year...have you noticed the score of last night's OSU-Troy game??? Payback is so very sweet. The Mean Green will recover...I just hope all the folks here calling for head's and speaking doom and gloom will recall that they too GAVE UP on the team when they were struggling. Such is the way it goes with some folks...you pay the ticket price you get to cheer or boo! I have no problem with that view, just find it sad that so many folks "give up" so quickly and so easily.

GO MEAN GREEN.....

I guarantee everyone, that there isn't anyone more sick to their stomachs about the current situation than Todd Dodge and Gary Deloach. They will do what they have to do to right this ship.

Rick

Absolute truth, and if they're not thinking this way, they will be come Monday practice. Both these guys are definite character coaches. They know what they're doing!

I don't think most are giving up. A few might be, but I think a lot of the comments are coming from the monumental frustration built not just on last night's game, but on a 2-14 record and a lot of embarrassing scores. Rice was just the capper, a game so dreadful that it broke the dam of fan emotions. My worry is not about the board members. Most of us cheer for the Mean Green, win or lose, good weather or bad, because that's what we do. I worry about those who are not hard-core Mean Green fans coming back next week.

Edited by Smitty

I agree KRAM. I am extremely disappointed and embarrassed for that performance. Nonetheless, I have no choice but support my team. After all, who else would I support? UNT will grant my doctoral degree - not UT, not A&M, not Tech - UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS. I started my UNT education in 2005 so I wasn't around for the glory years of 2001-2004 and have ONLY known crappy blow out style losing seasons. If I can remain an enthusiastic fan, anyone can. Thank god men's basketball and Pit Crew fun are just around the corner!

Its just painful because there were a lot of "new" fans in the stands yesterday - H-town and SE texas fans just waiting to jump on board. What did the teenager in front of me say to the rest of his family - big sis, mom, dad and other brother - "Next time we come watch North Texas can I wear a blue shirt?" Poor kid didn't even have a North Texas shirt but wore a Proper Green regular shirt to watch the game. I think the Dad was the grad and they made the exodus in the 3rd qrt - opportunity lost.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

what scares me is i live in the dorm with all the football players, and the ones i talked to on friday said that we will beat rice and that this was the best week of pratice they had all season....if thats true and they put THAT kind of effort into last nights games, then im scared to see whats to come.

ALSO i want a new stadium bad but i keep telling people to vote for the new stadium and that our team is getting better (havent proved that to me yet) but its getting real hard to sell the stadium to students when they see us at 0-4 and lossing 77-20 to RICE! im gonna keep trying but im becoming more worried....

what scares me is i live in the dorm with all the football players, and the ones i talked to on friday said that we will beat rice and that this was the best week of pratice they had all season....if thats true and they put THAT kind of effort into last nights games, then im scared to see whats to come.

ALSO i want a new stadium bad but i keep telling people to vote for the new stadium and that our team is getting better (havent proved that to me yet) but its getting real hard to sell the stadium to students when they see us at 0-4 and lossing 77-20 to RICE! im gonna keep trying but im becoming more worried....

Tony, just remember to talk about the condition of Fouts being the reason for a new stadium, not the performance of the team.

Tony, just remember to talk about the condition of Fouts being the reason for a new stadium, not the performance of the team.

i do...but the students seem to only care about one thing....the W....I keep stressing that we need the stadium becuase ours is falling apart....but the students want wins and wont support a team that doesnt win...im trying and i wont stop...ill keep preaching on and praying that this passes! i wont give up......

i do...but the students seem to only care about one thing....the W....I keep stressing that we need the stadium becuase ours is falling apart....but the students want wins and wont support a team that doesnt win...im trying and i wont stop...ill keep preaching on and praying that this passes! i wont give up......

Convince them that the Mean Green Brigade deserves it now more than ever. And that's the truth.

Rick

You could try the environmental angle. Fouts is an environmental mess. How many generators do they have to use to power the place?

Despite all the gloominess that everyone is feeling, UNT is going to have a football team. If we go 0-12 this year and the next, we will still have a football program. So we will be playing in a football stadium. Doesn't it make sense for that stadium to be a lot more environmentally friendly? For it to use less energy and serve multiple purposes (concerts, special events, etc)? It's a chance for students to make a difference in the environment.

GO MEAN GREEN!

No Offense my friend...but are you serious??? A schedule designed for $$ and to beat the crap out of the team early. Yes, KSU and LSU...but Tulsa and Rice!!! Dude, it is RICE...NOT OU or Texas or Florida, etc.

If we cannot compete against the likes of Rice and Tulsa, then we should just go back down to IAA. SERIOUSLY!!! wHO can WE COMPETE AGAINST!??? I was going to say Army...but even they almost beat Texas A&M. We would get are butts handed to us by Texas A&M.

Hell, we would get out butts handed to us by Texas State...

Edited by NCMeanGreen

If we cannot compete against the likes of Rice and Tulsa, then we should just go back down to IAA. SERIOUSLY!!! wHO can WE COMPETE AGAINST!???

Dude, seriously. Can we knock off this kind of talk? Students are linking over to this forum and this kind of attitude is NOT what we need to convey to them right now.

Convince them that the Mean Green Brigade deserves it now more than ever. And that's the truth.

Rick

I was at the game yesterday and after they scored to go up by 50, an old Rice alum (and I mean one foot in the grave old) turns to me and says... "you know that song your orchestra played at half time, it was the most beautiful thing I have heard in years, it made me cry."

All I could say was thanks for the kind words. So sell the band it's the only thing people care about and know anyway...

Their band even ripped up on the music school during the half time show. How can you not be embarrassed by that game yesterday, can you even call it that?

Edited by filmerj

To stay out of the sun, my wife, daughter and I sat in the rows of shaded seats like so many others. Next to me was a very nice, very elderly couple who had to be in the 80's. The lady was next to me, holding a green and white pom pom in her left hand. Not sure if it was arthritis or something worse, but when NT scored those 20 points, the poor lady had barely any strength to wave the pom poms. You could tell by the glimmer in her eyes that she was excited when NT scored those 20 points, even if her left hand could barely raise that pom pom. I was genuinely happy for this couple. That little glimmer of excitement almost brought tears to my eyes. Could these folks have been following NT football for 6 decades? That's all I could wonder. How many years of ups and downs had these fans been through.

Then the game turned South. Everytime I looked at the couple after a Rice score, I could see the sadness and frustration in their faces, especially the lady's. It was such a sad moment for me.

To stay out of the sun, my wife, daughter and I sat in the rows of shaded seats like so many others. Next to me was a very nice, very elderly couple who had to be in the 80's. The lady was next to me, holding a green and white pom pom in her left hand. Not sure if it was arthritis or something worse, but when NT scored those 20 points, the poor lady had barely any strength to wave the pom poms. You could tell by the glimmer in her eyes that she was excited when NT scored those 20 points, even if her left hand could barely raise that pom pom. I was genuinely happy for this couple. That little glimmer of excitement almost brought tears to my eyes. Could these folks have been following NT football for 6 decades? That's all I could wonder. How many years of ups and downs had these fans been through.

Then the game turned South. Everytime I looked at the couple after a Rice score, I could see the sadness and frustration in their faces, especially the lady's. It was such a sad moment for me.

Man....

That almost makes me wanna cry!

Dude, seriously. Can we knock off this kind of talk? Students are linking over to this forum and this kind of attitude is NOT what we need to convey to them right now.

What do we want to covery to them??....A good football program?? We don't have that. Heck, most won't have that during their entire stay at UNT. How about we, as a school, convey an administration that can get things done and have our athletic department move in a clear direction?? I dunno, maybe not leave the students, fans, and alums in limbo??....Whelp, we don't have that either. Students that are not invested in football are probably not pouring over football message board posts. If they are, then I would venture a guess they will vote for the stadium regardless of what is said here by anyone.

I know you are spearheading some movement with the students, which is great and I commend you for doing so.....But don't come here and tell people what NOT to say after seeing our team get their asses shot off by 57 points against a very marginal program in Rice. Message boards are a place to priase or bash whatever is going on with the program. Deal with that - and quit trying to act like a pain in the arse hall monitor. Go trumpet your message on campus or on Fry street to whoever wants to listen.

As for the rest of us, we are going to bitch about having one of the worst NCAA football programs in the country. Go make some campaign signs and leave everyone else here alone about the 'tone' of their posts. In case you were wondering mine is annoyed.