This Guy Has Gots To Go

Green Nightmare

No College experience

Robert Drake

--Nah... experience is totally overrated and doesn't matter.... just ask John McCain about VPs ( same as an assistant coach on government level).

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Also ask Biden about Prez candidates.

--Well at least he has been to Washington and seen the Senate in action... unlike the person that is expected to take charge of the Senate..if she wins. Until last week she had never met a leader of a foreign country and has never been to Asia, Europe, South America, or Africa. She got a passport last year when it became required to visit Canada. Keep telling yourself she is qualified.... I am not going to convince you otherwise (at least publicly) .

We do agree that coaching changes at NT need to be made... this is embarrassing.. 40+ every game and often by half-time... (56 today by halftime) Too bad paper sacks are hard to find now... I might wear one.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Yes, the special team coach is definitely NT's biggest problem. Not the head coach, talent, support, or AD; but probably the lowest paid coach on the staff is holding us back.

Hey, just like in corporate America, $hit rolls downhill. Guess who gets the biggest, smelliest pile, and gets to be scraped off the bottom of everyone's shoe first. The lowest guy on the totem pole.

Yes, the special team coach is definitely NT's biggest problem. Not the head coach, talent, support, or AD; but probably the lowest paid coach on the staff is holding us back.

Sure, they are all to blame.

However outside Defense, which we are running a new system new coordinator. The emphasis was on Special Teams

A PAT block, muffed punts etc etc

I know its the players mostly but cmon

Guest GrayEagleOne

He is the worst problem but he's far from being the only problem. Show me a coach period that's doing their job.

We continue to give up more field position than we get. Open field tackling is pathetic. I don't know how you factor two dropped punts (by someone with great hands) but has he not been coached to cradle the punt and make sure that you have it first? A fumbled kickoff return led to another easy touchdown. The kicking game was probably just as good with Moreland, at least he could kick extra points. Spencer was the shining light of the special teams.

The defense did some poor recognition and tackling. The defensive line is virtually non-existent. The only tackles that were noticable were on the last two Rice possessions. Miller was great last year but has not been a factor this year. Robertson had the worst game that I've seen him play. Nwigwe was pretty solid but he can't be everywhere. The ends had some moments collectively but no more than Chapman had individually last year. I think Clement was perfect passing up until they had 42 points; the defensive backs didn't come close to an interception or breakup till maybe late in the game. The scoring defense may make last year's look like an iron curtain. Although, to be fair, a couple of touchdowns were scored on the offense and at least three the defense had very short yardage to work with.

The offense was a little better for awhile. Then interceptions for easy touchdowns reallly caused the game to fall apart. The offensive line was very good; especially Hollivay. The running game was decent, especially when it wasn't predictable. We have two reliable receivers, Fitzgerald and Dibrell. I thought that we were going to get four heavily involved in every game. However, even if the offense were marginally good, the special teams and defense got the crap beat out of them.

I know that Dodge needs nore time but when we're suffering through our fourth straight piitful season and we're fighting for a new stadium and increasing fan base, it's hurts even more.

Holy sh!t. Wat a terrible team. I don't know if it's Dodge, lack of individual position coaching, lack of talent, team speed, lack of tackling fundamentals, failure at recruitment. What ever it is, we are terrible! That was not D1A football today. Rice was a much more disciplined team, decent speed, players in position, and overall very agressive. This is freakin' R-I-C-E! 2,000 students strong. I can't tell you how dejected I am tonight. Is North Texas destined to be a "winning season team every 10 years"? Seems that way. We'll never move up in athletic stature at this rate. I don't have an answer.

Yup, get him out of here. Not only for this year but last year letting Hair return kicks last year.

Where does that Guy get off demanding Fitz and Shorter to muff 3 punts in one game. Thats a damn High School mistake if I've ever seen one.

Seriously though,is it possible that our talent level is just so freaking low that the leftovers chosen to play special teams just can't quite hack it?

Edited by Green P1

I came all the way to H-town for that. Really disgusting.

Future weekend: - go hiking in the mountains and burn off stress from a crazy week

or

traverse across the country to watch the Mean Green give me stress and gain weight from all the beer it takes to wash it away!

Rice scored the most points today since 1916! 1916!

will we even have a program in 2016?

gmg - keep the loss to fiu under 50!

I came all the way to H-town for that. Really disgusting.

Future weekend: - go hiking in the mountains and burn off stress from a crazy week

or

traverse across the country to watch the Mean Green give me stress and gain weight from all the beer it takes to wash it away!

Rice scored the most points today since 1916! 1916!

will we even have a program in 2016?

gmg - keep the loss to fiu under 50!

You don't think the trip was worth it? Did you happen to see Tasty down there? How was he doing by the half?