My Favorite Nt Tradition

emmitt01

Yes people, we do have traditions. We have "Boomer", we have the McConnell tower lights, we have the Eagle claw, the alma mater etc. But we have one tradition that is far more consistent and widely known than any of these.

We have the annual "Fouts Dash." What's that? You're not familiar with the Fouts Dash? That's where we pump up the students during freshman orientation, advertise the first home game heavily on campus, tell the students that with their support and attendance we can go to the next level...then get them all inside of the stadium and promptly treat them to a blowout loss. Then they do the Fouts Dash. They dash out of Fouts sometime between halftime and the fourth quarter never to return again.

The Fouts dash is a shame. I second guess A&M all the time but one thing you never second guess is their student pride and spirit. Those kids never boo out loud and rarely leave the stadium regardless. UNT can learn from that.

You must be busy on saturdays now going to both UNT and Aggie games. Seriously though, you don't think the Aggie students ever boo?

Yes people, we do have traditions. We have "Boomer", we have the McConnell tower lights, we have the Eagle claw, the alma mater etc. But we have one tradition that is far more consistent and widely known than any of these.

We have the annual "Fouts Dash." What's that? You're not familiar with the Fouts Dash? That's where we pump up the students during freshman orientation, advertise the first home game heavily on campus, tell the students that with their support and attendance we can go to the next level...then get them all inside of the stadium and promptly treat them to a blowout loss. Then they do the Fouts Dash. They dash out of Fouts sometime between halftime and the fourth quarter never to return again.

Funny and Genious at the same time.

You must be busy on saturdays now going to both UNT and Aggie games. Seriously though, you don't think the Aggie students ever boo?

I have been to an A&M game and stood with some friends. They make some kind of hissing noise to boo but its for the referees only.

A&M, like them or hate them, you have to respect their student body. They have many long standing traditions and one is "that they never boo their own." (out loud) They never have boo sessions, ever.

A&M, like them or hate them, you have to respect their student body. They have many long standing traditions and one is "that they never boo their own." (out loud) They never have boo sessions, ever.

Yeah, but they sometimes take it a wee bit too far. I've worked with a few aggies, and it's like, "Dude, really. It's freaking Tuesday afternoon and it's April. You're 54 years old, and you want me to admire the beauty that is your aggie ring ah-gain." I'm all for being a fan and supporter of your school, but Aggies (and some Longhorns too) make it their whole identity for the rest of their lives.