"updated" Roster

I don't believe that the roster on MGSports is finalized...especially considering they don't yet have bios for everyone listed...but I did want to call attention to a couple of notable omissions, if for no other reason than maybe Vito is lurking in the darkest corner of this board and could emerge to provide some insight (if there indeed is any) on these names:

2008 recruiting class - OL Nick Leppo

Transfers - DB Greg Garden (Navy, eligible 08); DB Donte Neal (Mizzou, eligible 09)

2008 Walk-Ons - QB Eric Jeffery; OL Ethan McMillan; RB Tahj Redwine; WR Chris Brainard

2007 Walk-Ons - DT Daniel Calderon; WR Brett Barrow

Still on roster, but reported previously as having left - WR Alex Lott

I wouldn't be surprised if the 07 walk-ons have moved on elsewhere, walk-ons do that. I am slightly concerned about the absence of McMillan, Neal and Garden...and to a lesser extent Leppo...though again, I just believe that the roster isn't completed and at the least those top 7 names will be up in a day or so. If there is any info to the contrary anyone has, please reply

I don't believe that the roster on MGSports is finalized...especially considering they don't yet have bios for everyone listed...but I did want to call attention to a couple of notable omissions,

2008 Walk-Ons - RB Tajh Redwine

I don't have any information on his current status, but I did see this article on Tajh Redwine.

FARMERSVILLE — Tajh Redwine has tapes of every game from Farmersville’s 1991 season and watched them last summer, dreaming he could also be a part of something special.

Numerous members of Redwine’s family have donned the Farmersville uniform, a number reaching as high as 30 since the late 1960s. Running back and cousin Troy Redwine, a member of the 1991 state semifinal team, is the most well-known after playing at the University of North Texas and being inducted into the school’s athletic Hall of Fame.

Sherman-Denison Herald Democrat

Guest GrayEagleOne

I don't know how authentic this was but it was reported earlier that Nick Leppo would "gray shirt" (take his scholarship in January).

It was also said that Donte Hall would not be on the squad. I don't know if that means that he left school, had given up football, or simply was going to sit out a year. He would've had to sit out a year anyway but you are allowed to practice and keep in shape with the squad but apparently he chose not to do so.

Another player that I am concerned about is Bron Hager. He is not listed and his name would have had to be removed from last year's roster. I was hoping that he would be a clone of his dad, who was an all-American linebacker.

I thought that Brainerd and Redwine had offers from Division II schools and may have opted to take them.

What concerns me about McMillan is that he may not have rehabed sufficiently from his injury.

I don't believe that the roster on MGSports is finalized...especially considering they don't yet have bios for everyone listed...but I did want to call attention to a couple of notable omissions, if for no other reason than maybe Vito is lurking in the darkest corner of this board and could emerge to provide some insight (if there indeed is any) on these names:

Transfers - DB Greg Garden (Navy, eligible 08); DB Donte Neal (Mizzou, eligible 09)

2008 Walk-Ons - QB Eric Jeffery; OL Ethan McMillan; RB Tahj Redwine; WR Chris Brainard

I wouldn't be surprised if the 07 walk-ons have moved on elsewhere, walk-ons do that. I am slightly concerned about the absence of McMillan, Neal and Garden...and to a lesser extent Leppo...though again, I just believe that the roster isn't completed and at the least those top 7 names will be up in a day or so. If there is any info to the contrary anyone has, please reply

I do know that Brett Barrow (WR/LS) suffered a knee injury during a spring practice and I am not sure he has fully recovered. I also previously read that Nick Leppo was going to be a "gray" shirt and would not be on the team until the spring semester. I see that his backup at SLC, Jared Acton (#51) is an invited walk on.

Who is this Jarod Acton guy who is on the roster? another walk on? he seems a little short for an offensive lineman

Obligatory response:

Yeah...well Brandon Kennedy was a "little short" to be a defensive lineman

All these people leaving has totally f'd up my NCAA '09 roster...thanks Alonzo, Eddrick, Justin, Evan, Greg and Donte

I do know that Brett Barrow (WR/LS) suffered a knee injury during a spring practice and I am not sure he has fully recovered. I also previously read that Nick Leppo was going to be a "gray" shirt and would not be on the team until the spring semester. I see that his backup at SLC, Jared Acton (#51) is an invited walk on.

FYI Brainard will be here in the spring. Leppo will be ready to contribute in the spring. As far as background info. Acton was not a backup. He was a starting guard until the right tackle went down early last August. Then Leppo was moved to tackle and Acton was moved to center. Then Leppo got hurt. Alot of patch work after that. Lucky they had some depth,so, Riley, Tre, and Cantu could do their thing. It was tough to lose a quality lineman like Leppo. Brainard is a Deep Threat no Question!!!!!!!!!

Edited by eagleuncle1

Guest GrayEagleOne

Alex Lott appears on the roster but I've heard that is isn't at practice. Even if he were he would not be eligible to play. I believe that there are three others who also fall into that category: Jake Brown (transfer from Texas Tech), Jamel Jackson (transfer from Northwestern State), and Dan Holt (transfer from Midwestern State).

Hot is a no-brainer since he wasn't on the spring roster but the others were, which I'd assume to mean that they have only sat out one semester. Does anyone know differently?

Alex Lott appears on the roster but I've heard that is isn't at practice. Even if he were he would not be eligible to play. I believe that there are three others who also fall into that category: Jake Brown (transfer from Texas Tech), Jamel Jackson (transfer from Northwestern State), and Dan Holt (transfer from Midwestern State).

Hot is a no-brainer since he wasn't on the spring roster but the others were, which I'd assume to mean that they have only sat out one semester. Does anyone know differently?

I believe Brown was a walk-on at Tech and would be eligible this season (like Nurudeen last year). Jackson seems to be pencilled in as the starting return man so I believe he's eligible...maybe a hardship? Not sure. No clue on Holt

• 3 weeks later...

*********************************************************************************************************

It is my understanding that Nick Lepo at SLC was injured in HS...he will be a grayshirt this fall at NT, and be available for spring training. From the latest info I have McMillan will also enroll this fall at NT...continuing his rehab and also available for spring training. This might be a reason that we haven't been after more OL this fall, along with Keenan Flax. Both will count on next years ( 09) ships.

OldTimer

Guest GrayEagleOne

I don't know if Acton can play or not and yes, he is a little short, even for a center. Someone sort of compared him to Brandon Kennedy, at least in body size. One characteristic that they have in common is legs that are like tree stumps. Acton's calves are the size of a lot of people's thighs. It's hard for me to visualize someone being able to dump him on his butt.

I don't know if Acton can play or not and yes, he is a little short, even for a center. Someone sort of compared him to Brandon Kennedy, at least in body size. One characteristic that they have in common is legs that are like tree stumps. Acton's calves are the size of a lot of people's thighs. It's hard for me to visualize someone being able to dump him on his butt.

It kinda reminds me of the midget in "Me, Myself, and Irene", who told Jim Carrey's character, "I'm going to teach you (deleted) something about a low center of gravity".

Jamel Jackson will be playing this fall and should make a big impact with the team.

Believe me he can play, i played with Boom. I have seen him play against a lot of top recruits for cedar hill And Miami Northwestern and he pretty much dominated. He squats something crazy I know (no DL weighs 600 Plus, earth mover)

One of most loyal and hardworking teammates i know. Good Luck Boom. Show me your Sunbelt ring when you guys figure it out over there. :D

Protect the tradition Dude

Mr. T

Believe me he can play, i played with Boom. I have seen him play against a lot of top recruits for cedar hill And Miami Northwestern and he pretty much dominated. He squats something crazy I know (no DL weighs 600 Plus, earth mover)

One of most loyal and hardworking teammates i know. Good Luck Boom. Show me your Sunbelt ring when you guys figure it out over there. :D

Protect the tradition Dude

Mr. T

Love the nickname, BOOM.